What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M’s

Apey

Staff member
2022: Griffiths takes team from wooden spooners to 2nd on the ladder, gets overlooked for the minor premiers coach

2023: Griffiths coaches team to minor premiership and odds on favourites to go back to back, gets overlooked for the coach who took the wooden spooners to 3rd on the ladder

Can't help but laugh
I feel like Coach of the Year has always been the biggest joke. They generally go for the one that has improved his team the most rather than the most successful.

Anyway, Ponga and Upton win the respective Dally Ms. Great year for our two fullbacks.

aqua_duck

Coach
I feel like Coach of the Year has always been the biggest joke. They generally go for the one that has improved his team the most rather than the most successful.

Anyway, Ponga and Upton win the respective Dally Ms. Great year for our two fullbacks.
They were always going to give it to Murphy, she’s a legend of the women’s game and it was the first opportunity for them to give the award to a female coach

Well, his form was up there with the all-time purple patches of any player so it's not so surprising. I've been one of the first to give him the business when he's underperformed but I'm happier than anyone to see him live up to his unmatched talent.

We need another 3 or 4 full seasons of this form and we'll have our Premiership imo.

Rod

Bench
The problem is people decided Johnson had it won by Round 20 and were unlikely to change their minds from then on even though Johnson's form was mid in the run home.

I don't know why people are so surprised TBH, plenty of players have stormed home to win on the back of a great second half of the year, Hayne, Barba etc.

Apey

Staff member
The blow up from some people on social media is hilarious, many are calling for the system to be scrapped now because they didn’t agree with the result this time around.
It's not like it hasn't always been like this. The Dally M winner is rarely actually the best player of the year.

I feel like SJ is a lot more popular with the "neutral" fanbase though and outside of the media/kids, Ponga is pretty maligned. It was tough for some people to admit he was on fire in the second half of the year.

I'm loving it. Some nice recognition for a rare great year for our club. Dual Dally Ms. Love watching them both play, Upton is the best player in the game.

This would have to be up there for the best year this club has had since 2001. Actually it will be the best if the girls get up on Sunday... unfortunately there's not a lot of competition.

aqua_duck

Coach
It's not like it hasn't always been like this. The Dally M winner is rarely actually the best player of the year.

I feel like SJ is a lot more popular with the "neutral" fanbase though and outside of the media/kids, Ponga is pretty maligned. It was tough for some people to admit he was on fire in the second half of the year.

I'm loving it. Some nice recognition for a rare great year for our club. Dual Dally Ms. Love watching them both play, Upton is the best player in the game.

This would have to be up there for the best year this club has had since 2001. Actually it will be the best if the girls get up on Sunday... unfortunately there's not a lot of competition.
People act like warriors were this unstoppable juggernaut and we were some bottom 4 side when the reality is they only finished 1 spot higher than us on the ladder and we actually had a far better for and against. Mind you it’s funny the same people who don’t rate the rest of our team act surprised when the only good player in our team in their eyes is getting all the dally m points when we win games

Woody90

Juniors
The blow up from some people on social media is hilarious, many are calling for the system to be scrapped now because they didn’t agree with the result this time around

On SM it’s mostly Warriors fans calling the judges racist lol.

I would have been more than happy SJ winning it but tbh if Ponga had have played more games the result wouldn’t have even been close.

Last edited:

HarVeeGee

Juniors
2022: Griffiths takes team from wooden spooners to 2nd on the ladder, gets overlooked for the minor premiers coach

2023: Griffiths coaches team to minor premiership and odds on favourites to go back to back, gets overlooked for the coach who took the wooden spooners to 3rd on the ladder

Can't help but laugh
Also have to add that Murphy was the one who coached the Titans to the spoon last season too lol

Burwood

Bench
Now that he’s a Dally M player of the year, does this mean we’ll need to once again upgrade his contract?

Woody90

Juniors
The salt and poor sportsmanship of the WAAAAHS 😭 fans on socials has just put their team on my sh*tlist. Glad they've never won anything and hope they never do! 🙂
IMG_6209.png

Even some of their players are carrying on. I like them but the victim mentality over this and the forward pass (when they lost the game by 30 points) is a lot.

Ironically SJ himself pointed out that KP was pretty much solely responsible for our turn around and it was deserved. I wonder what he’d be thinking seeing all this. KPs dealt with so much shit this year and tbh probably wishes he hadn’t won.

Latest posts