What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M’s

Old dog

Juniors
Situation reversed and some of our lot would be complaining, complaints won’t change result, well done Ponga

HarVeeGee

Juniors
Yeah Ponga won the Player’s Champion Award and people act like he was unlucky not to win the Dally M too 2018, but in reality he is a way better player now and had a much better season (and Damien Cook should have won the 2018 Dally M). Yet him winning it this year is a robbery? Don’t get it.

Knight Tales

Juniors
it will not be his last. What he did this season was phenomenal. The SOO break saved him and us. The endless discussion about his dollar value is now mute. He was a worthy winner. Every Team in the comp would build around him.
Oh and that infamous meeting where Bennett said he can take the soft option and stay here, has to be the biggest own goal in the old man’s long line of convenient ignorance.

HarVeeGee

Juniors
And there’s so much hype about how well Walsh went in Origin, how he “is” Queensland etc etc etc, even though I thought he played pretty well but nowhere near the level Kalyn has hit for Queensland… it’s honestly not unthinkable that Kalyn misses out again and we have him through that period next year too.

Knight Tales

Juniors
And there’s so much hype about how well Walsh went in Origin, how he “is” Queensland etc etc etc, even though I thought he played pretty well but nowhere near the level Kalyn has hit for Queensland… it’s honestly not unthinkable that Kalyn misses out again and we have him through that period next year too.
Walsh is a tough kid. I think it is his best attribute TBH. His gifts are clear. Tomorrow night will tell us plenty about whether he can truly stand out when he is required to. The side he is in is hardly lacking talent. I am still of the belief had he done the same at the Warriors, then he would have an argument for being the best current player. But the media have somehow correlated his arrival to their (Broncos) current success. The seeds were planted with reynolds.

Last edited:

HarVeeGee

Juniors
Yeah Walsh stunk it up last year in a team which isn’t so different from one which made the top 4 this year, things just weren’t working. Ponga in that Warriors team would have gone better because he’s played well in a dysfunctional team for most of his career.

Now Walsh plays behind arguably the best middle forwards in the comp, getting the ball from an elite halfback and an emerging Origin calibre five-eighth who’s somehow getting a bit lost in all the Walsh hype despite scoring 15 tries in 24 games. No other fullback besides Edwards is getting more time and space on the ball. He’s a great player no doubt but the Broncos were already on an upward trajectory and were 4 and 1 in the games he missed this season… he’s more the cherry on top of a great team than the reason they’re good. Absolutely Payne Haas and Patrick Carrigan are the first players I point to when I think about what makes this team so good, with Adam Reynolds hot on their heels as a guy who they both credit with helping their game behind the scenes.

Good, origin sucks.
God I wish he’d just declared for the Kiwis.