What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M Awards. Winner = Johnathan Thurston

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Timmah said:
I get the feeling that Smith might struggle through the Storm's indifferent form from Rounds 20-23.

Price is probably his biggest threat - he would've got a number of 3-point efforts late in the year plus 1 or 2 points in SOO3 I'd imagine.

Yep, and unlike Farah, Smith has plenty of team mates to share the points with. Same situation as Bowen and Thurston, who would have taken points off each other.

perverse

Referee
despite bowen sharing his points with thurston.. you'd have to say that just about every game they've won they'd get 2 or 3 points.. i think bowen would have to be a genuine shot at the Dally M. having said that i still think it will be farah.. he's been in great form all year (except the game they needed to win ;) ) and he hasn't really had to share his points at all.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
DALLY M Awards 2007

Top Pointscorer
Hazem El Masri (Bulldogs)

Top Tryscorers
Matthew Bowen (North Queensland Cowboys)
Israel Folau (Melbourne Storm)

Fullback
Matt Bowen (North Queensland Cowboys)
NOMINATED were Brett Stewart (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles), Karmichael Hunt (Brisbane Broncos) and Wade McKinnon (Warriors)

Winger
Jarryd Hayne (Parramatta Eels)
NOMINATED were Hazem El Masri (Bulldogs), Eric Grothe (Parramatta Eels) and Israel Folau (Melbourne Storm)

Centre
Justin Hodges (Brisbane Broncos)
NOMINATED were Timana Tahu (Parramatta Eels), Matt Cooper (St George Illawarra Dragons) and Matt King (Melbourne Storm)

Five Eighth
Darren Lockyer (Brisbane Broncos)
NOMINATED were Ben Roberts (Bulldogs), Braith Anasta, (Sydney Roosters), Jamie Lyon (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles), Greg Inglis (Melbourne Storm)

Halfback
Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys)
NOMINATED were Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm), Matt Orford (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles), Scott Prince (Gold Coast Titans)

Prop
Steve Price (Warriors)
NOMINATED were Petero Civoniceva (Brisbane Broncos), Roy Asotasi (South Sydney Rabbitohs) and ...?

Hooker
Robbie Farah (Wests Tigers)

Second-Row
Anthony Watmough (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
NOMINATED were Ryan Hoffman (Melbourne Storm), ... who else?

Lock
Dallas Johnson (Melbourne Storm)
NOMINATED were Alan Tongue (Canberra Raiders), Ben Creagh (St George Illawarra Dragons) and Greg Bird (Cronulla Sutherland Sharks)

--------

Representative Player
Cameron Smith (Queensland, Australia)
NOMINATED were Steve Price, Johnathan Thurston and Petero Civoniceva (Queensland, Australia)

Coach
Craig Bellamy (Melbourne Storm)
NOMINATED were Des Hasler (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles), Jason Taylor (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Ivan Cleary (Warriors), Tim Sheens (Wests Tigers) and John Cartwright (Gold Coast Titans)

Captain
Steve Price (Warriors)
NOMINATED were Andrew Ryan (Bulldogs), Alan Tongue (Canberra Raiders) and Cameron Smith (Melbourne Storm)

Rookie
Israel Folau (Melbourne Storm)
NOMINATED were Krisnan Inu (Parramatta Eels), Cory Paterson (Newcastle Knights) and Michael Jennings (Penrith Panthers)

Provan Summons Medal
Nathan Hindmarsh (Parramatta Eels)
NOMINATED were Steve Price (Warriors), Matt Bowen (North Queensland Cowboys) and Robbie Farah (Wests Tigers)

Peter Frilingos Memorial Award for Story of the Year
Sydney Roosters revival v Tigers
NOMINATED were Roosters v Warriors "Game of the Year", Manly's 13-12 thriller v Storm, Hayne "Hero to Heartbreak" in SOO1, and Souths charge to the finals v Wests @ Leichhardt R24.

ARL Hall of Fame
Pre-war: Arthur Halloway, Sid Pearce, Tom Gorman
Post-war: Keith Barnes, Harry Wells, Michael Cronin

Dally M Player of the Year
Johnathon Thurston
North Queensland Cowboys
1634.jpg

Mr Saab

Referee
The festivities might kick off at 1900 hrs, but the coverage doesnt start till 2030hrs

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Yay, something to keep me company while i finish my last minute 1500 word new zealand political studies essay.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
There would be a riot in Auckland, but we don't need no stinkin' Dally M award to know he's the best prop this year*

*century

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No worries. I believe the main LU page will be doing the same. Don't quote me though ;-)

Latest posts