What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M's

Mr Saab

Referee
innsaneink said:
We all know the forwards, particularly props rarely get MOM, or rather a lot less than than halves and backs. Dont we?

Also all teams lift themselves for the Broncos dont they?

So we keep hearing year after year from broncos fans ad -nauseam

yes i know all that (what relevance that has to my point is baffling)...my point was in reference to Brookys lack of knowledge in relation to his comment that votes decide who is playe of the yr in their respective positions.

The_Coach

Juniors
innsaneink said:
We all know the forwards, particularly props rarely get MOM, or rather a lot less than than halves and backs. Dont we?

Also all teams lift themselves for the Broncos dont they?

So we keep hearing year after year from broncos fans ad -nauseam

That makes absolutely no sense.

Go back and read the post Charlie was replying to.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Well it was a good night in the end, the countdown was nail biting, came down to Johns, Thurston, Kennedy and Prince. And there were a few surprises on the night.

Hodgson did well to get points to end up 5th, and well deserved too he's been the Tigers best apart from Prince. Well done for getting fullback of the year.

The team of the year was no surprise, but I was shocked at 5/8 and hooker. Anasta has been playing well, but he got points for games he didnt deserve. I thought Jason Smith was a chance, injury probably cost him. And Buderus at hooker was a surprise, he only picked up his form when Newcastle starting winning.

I knew Thurston was gonna get it after he got 3 points for the Souths game, cause he was man of the match in last weeks game. Johns getting 3 points was obviously a set up, so it can be a thrilling finish. He did deserve at least 1, but 3 was too much. In the end, Thurston did well to get the Dally M, he's been the Cowboys best.

I was happy when Hindmarsh got the 199...Provan Summuns medal :)lol: ), a bit surprised since Johns has been playing really well, and Benji has been sensational, but Hindmarsh's performances this year have impressed so many fans. I even voted for him. Well done Nathan. :clap:

innsaneink

Referee
The_Coach said:
That makes absolutely no sense.

Go back and read the post Charlie was replying to.
Yeh point taken.....I jumped in at the end.

Didnt Bailey get prop?

Smith explained at the start how the positional awards were awrded I think, though I took little notice.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
really? then explain how webcke was not prop of the yr?????????? please do.
Shane polled 17 votes, the most out of all props. :roll:

Unlucky, but you can't say Bailey didn't deserve it. He's been outstanding this year.

But Charlie, you also say Minichello deserved fullback of the year but he was no where near Hodgson in the votes, a bit of a contradiction to suit yourself there?

Mr Saab

Referee
ParraDude_Jay said:
Unlucky, but you can't say Bailey didn't deserve it. He's been outstanding this year.

But Charlie, you also say Minichello deserved fullback of the year but he was no where near Hodgson in the votes, a bit of a contradiction to suit yourself there?

not really...i am just replying to brookys who said that players are determined by points. I said they werent and i dont think they should be.
I just used webcke as an example

drake

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
really? then explain how webcke was not prop of the yr?????????? please do.
Shane polled 17 votes, the most out of all props. :roll:
Because there's a new king in town, Charlie.

Name of Luke Bailey.

Damn we're gonna miss him.

The_Coach

Juniors
wyvern said:
Because there's a new king in town, Charlie.

Name of Luke Bailey.

Damn we're gonna miss him.

Once again someone who just reads what Charlie said without taking any notice of what he is replying too.

Mr Saab

Referee
The_Coach said:
Once again someone who just reads what Charlie said without taking any notice of what he is replying too.

arrr dont worry coach...cant help people who have selective reading. ;-)

drake

First Grade
The_Coach said:
Once again a Parramatta supporter jumps in where they aren't wanted orr needed.

Thank you thought police.
Did it cross your mind that maybe I was having a joke with Charlie?

The_Coach

Juniors
wyvern said:
Once again a Parramatta supporter jumps in where they aren't wanted orr needed.

Thank you thought police.
Did it cross your mind that maybe I was having a joke with Charlie?

You just ooze intelligence.

Hey maybe i'm just having a joke! :roll:

Hurriflatch

Referee
weasel said:
I'd like to see a tally as well, especially for the Eels and Dragons players. With 16 wins and 8 losses each, you'd expect both sides to have received maybe 80 votes or so each split amongst their players, but neither side had any of their players show up on the leaderboard throughout the whole night. You'd think the likes of Hindmarsh, Barrett, Tim Smith, Luke Bailey, heck maybe even Dean Widders would have shown up somewhere.

To a degree this is a good thing it means unlike other sides the Eels and Dragons are not that reliant on a single player.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
If you have a look at Parramatta and Dragons most of the team wouldve got Dally M points.

For Parramatta, guys like Stringer, Widders, Ben Smith, Tahu, Tim Smith, Morrison, Cayless wouldve got points recently and at the first half of the season you had Hindmarsh, Morris, Grothe, Riddell, Marsh, Moi Moi get points. So thats nearly the whole team. Same goes with Dragons.

Nickeel

Juniors
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
what about the provan summons award
did u parra fans form an alliance or somthing
i thought covell had it

I was really torn with my vote.

Being dropped briefly was the only thing that counted against Covell, imo.

Don't worry BBSF, Tri-Nations honours still await.

Nick

Kiwi

First Grade
Hands up those who actually take the awards seriously

:whistle

And those willing to put their hands up can then tell us why they like the media and respect their opinion.