What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M's

girvie

Staff member
Who were the nominees for the Provan Summons Award?
Or did they just announce the winner with no nominees?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
girvie said:

Every player in the NRL who's laced on a boot in 2005 was nominated, the winner was Hindmarsh.

Proof that Parra has a bandwagon of fans. The team with the most fans jumping on each year will always win.

mickdo

Coach
Dodger said:
Best part - not only did a Bulldog get an award, but no Sharks got one!!! :lol:

Life is good... :D
Best part - the only Boos of the night were for the Bulldogs player

The world is in order once again

mickdo

Coach
Dodger said:
Every player in the NRL who's laced on a boot in 2005 was nominated, the winner was Hindmarsh.

Proof that Parra has a bandwagon of fans. The team with the most fans jumping on each year will always win.
Proof that Nathan Hindmarsh is the most popular player in the game

Go home Dodger. The cheating dog scum are out of the finals in case you missed it.

girvie

Staff member
Dodger said:

I mean did they read out the top 6 contenders?

Timmah

Staff member
mickdo said:
Proof that Nathan Hindmarsh is the most popular player in the game

Go home Dodger. The cheating dog scum are out of the finals in case you missed it.

This year, because Parramatta have decided to play footy.

Kinda like the 'Dogs this year deciding not to... :lol:

aussies1st

Staff member
He would have scored well during the Orgin period and also with the Cowboys at that time. He must not have got much points when he played 5/8.

Azkatro

First Grade
In 25 games (Origin included), Thurston was five-eighth 13 times and halfback 12 times. So I'm not sure how they classify him as a halfback - I think it would have been more appropriate to award him the award for five-eighth of the year, with Johns to get the halfback award.

Timbo said:
I'm still dumbfounded how they could rate Anasta ahead of Smith, Marshall and Barrett.

Marshall, Morris and Barrett killed him all year.

The blokes as f**ken quiet as a mouse when he isnt playing for rep selection or a contract.

Sucked sh*t to him over not making the train on squad for the trinations! lol.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Captain_Fred said:
Fullback - Brett Hodgeson
Wing - Eric Grothe
Centre - Mark Gasnier
5/8 - Braith Anasta
Halfback - Jonathan Thurston
Hooker - Danny Buderus
2nd Rower - Nathan Hindmarsh
Lock - Ben Kennedy
Prop - Luke Bailey

Rep Player - Andrew Johns
Rookie of the year - Tim Smith
Capt of the Year - Scott Prince
Coach of the Year - Tim Sheens
Provan Summons - Nathan Hindmarsh
Peter Fliningo's - Andrew Johns (love this award - cause it outlines what footy is all about)

Player of the Year - Jonathan Thurston

Counts were..

Thurston 32
Johns 31
Kennedy 27
Prince 25
Hodgson 22
Gower 21

From rounds 18-26 (-1 bye) Kennedy picked up 5 points...

3 v Warriors where Jones won the match. Jones probably should have got the 3 and Kennedy the 2.

Kennedy got nothing against the Broncos??? Kennedy got nothing against the Cowboys. But take a look at his stats and Kennedy was easily as good. He picked up 2 against the Raiders? Who got the 3?

Kennedy got nothing against the Knights, but was the only reason Manly didn't get smashed...

These awards stink. Congratz to Thurston, he had a good season, but I think Kennedy carried Manly all year and was outstanding at Rep footy too.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
girvie said:

They announced four nominees, I only remember Lockyer, Johns and Hindmarsh for sure but I think Prince was the fourth.

Dodger said:

You get dumber every day don't you? Idiot.

weasel

First Grade
brokendigit said:
Can anyone confirm that Thurston picked up maximum points Vs St George Illawarra in Rnd 22?

The three points Thurston received was for round 21 against the sea eagles, but when Gallop was announcing the points for that round he incorrectly said it was against St George.

Timmah

Staff member
ParraDude_Jay said:
You get dumber every day don't you? Idiot.

I hope your not this tight in real life or you're going to face some real problems. Learn to handle what people are saying and again follow what I'm saying.

Every club that has a patch or patches of success has bandwagon fans. There is no doubt now that Parramatta's support is boosted by the fact they're currently high flyers. I'll give you even money that when Parra sink to the bottom of the table in the near future (2007, 2010, whenever that may be), that their crowds will take a dive as well. Maybe not as drastically than in the past but they will definitely be impacted.

The Roosters proved it this season as their crowds took a tumble towards the end of the year, same went for the 'Dogs in the latter rounds. I'm not attacking your club, simply highlighting the fact of life that is bandwagoners. And I'm not calling you one so don't try to use that against me.

wittyfan

Referee
Dodger said:
I hope your not this tight in real life or you're going to face some real problems. Learn to handle what people are saying and again follow what I'm saying.

Every club that has a patch or patches of success has bandwagon fans. There is no doubt now that Parramatta's support is boosted by the fact they're currently high flyers. I'll give you even money that when Parra sink to the bottom of the table in the near future (2007, 2010, whenever that may be), that their crowds will take a dive as well. Maybe not as drastically than in the past but they will definitely be impacted.

The Roosters proved it this season as their crowds took a tumble towards the end of the year, same went for the 'Dogs in the latter rounds. I'm not attacking your club, simply highlighting the fact of life that is bandwagoners. And I'm not calling you one so don't try to use that against me.

The bitterness just keeps oozing out. :lol:

smeghead

Bench
Congratulations to Thurston. He has been a revelation this year.

I thought Prince would poll higher but Brett Hodgson screwed him. hahahahaha.

It was great to see 2 Tigers players polling so many points