What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Damien Cook

TheRev

Coach
Brown was low-hanging fruit (after we missed Woolford etc) and gave us some 2024 hooker depth, but he really hasnt made the impact you would expect. Thankfully Flanno identified this quickly...

Our squad will be much better with 2 proper hookers in it.. thats our goal.. improve this squad a bit at a time..

Mulheissen really hasnt made impact either.. I thought he has been good recently in cup with his defensive tenacity, but im not sure if hes part of our squad next year.. perhaps he will stay as a train & trial? No kids are pushing at hooker so I imagine hes still the NSW Cup hooker unless we go external..

TheRev

Coach
Dont understand why Souths would consider paying much fright on Cook though.. they still need someone other than Mamouzelos .. the point of getting rid of cook is getting cap space back, hes on somewhere between 650-750.

FlickFlano

Juniors
The other things we have seen recently

1. Liddle does cop head knocks occasionally
2. Liddle is a much better player when he hits about 60min max. His output in the tigers game was fantastic, the extra load of 80 min is a bridge too far if you want to maximise his output. A quality 2nd hooker in the 17 would be ideal for the team.

2. Liddle is a much better player when he hits about 60min max. His output in the tigers game was fantastic, the extra load of 80 min is a bridge too far if you want to maximise his output. A quality 2nd hooker in the 17 would be ideal for the team.
And Cook has the speed to play in the backs if required

maestro1

Bench

KFlan or BHunt spending 20 minutes at number 9 would make us so dangerous for the whole 80 minutes. Damien Cook would value add to our ever improving squad

Last edited:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
It's a NO from me......we been there done that with blokes like McCullough......going backwards again...blokes like Lidds and Brown are our future moving forward.......if Cook has still something to offer do you think Bennett would let him go.....Cooks best years are gone imo.....put it this way would you put an ashtray on a motorbike

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Interesting that he wants Cook. Flanno had been pretty adamant Kyle would play 9 once we found a 5/8th, I guess he's giving up on finding a quality 5/8th & sticking with Kyle.