What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 FW3 Sat - Penrith 26-6 Cronulla @ Accor

Finals Week 3: Penrith v Cronulla

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 31 73.8%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apey

Staff member
Hynes looked a million bucks at fullback for the Storm in 2021. Sharks heavily invested in him at 7 though.

firechild

First Grade
People or the tv networks?
Most fans rather day time.
TV networks want eyeballs on the TV. If daytime footy rated better, that's what they'd want. I suspect the difference is casual viewers watching at prime time if it were on as they sat down for the evening but not planning their day around watching it at 3pm.

Saxon

Bench
People prefer watching games at prime time but footy is undeniably better in the dry.
The thing is, I don't think people do necessarily want it in prime time. 2:30 pm bounce doesn't hurt the AFL viewing figures. More that Chanel Nein want us to watch at prime time.

firechild

First Grade
The thing is, I don't think people do necessarily want it in prime time. 2:30 pm bounce doesn't hurt the AFL viewing figures. More that Chanel Nein want us to watch at prime time.
What do nein want besides ratings?

Bazal

Post Whore
What do nein want besides ratings?

I think the truth is probably somewhere in the middle? I agree, prime time will likely rate better but I don't think casual viewers make that much of a difference.

For Nine, I think they like the fact they can start the day with a Footy Show earlier in the day, roll right though prime time with the footy and then basically straight into late night who gives a f**k programming. An arvo grand final puts the early games on before most people are settling in for the GF day, and leaves them with prime time to fill too.

Latest posts