What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Damien Cook

Parko1310

Juniors
A good rotation with liddle. Mulheison likely let go you would assume.
Need a quality prop and right centre next
Either side centre will do, I actually think Suli is better on the right than he is left so I don't think it matters what side we go after. Left is probably ideal overall. In terms of props, I think we're in need of two quality props. Definitely need a half desperately as well.

TheRev

First Grade
A good rotation with liddle. Mulheison likely let go you would assume.
Well we need someone to play hooker in NSW Cup.. Liddle and Cook I think will be 14 & 9 in 1st grade... assuming both are fit.

I thought Mulheissen has had a few good moments this year but he should have gotten better by now.. I just dont think he has enough weapons in his aresenal to be a 1st grader... id much rather go after another kid from another club, because I dont think Hjaltason is remotely near that standard yet. If Conner does stay I reckon its on a train & trial, once again we had a lot of injury luck this year but we really do need a 3rd bloke who can play hooker in and around the system.. especially if they arent 80 minute hookers.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
A great coach also navigates a contract like this with transparency

There is no doubt in my mind that Flanos personality would have also said "I want to make the 2 years happen and so do you Damien............if we get a stage in 2026 and the legs and mind have gone early..........what do you see as a practical way for us to navigate that"

I reckon we would have all bases covered re 2026 and if he wants to play another season or two but is not quite good enough for NRL there would be an honest conversation of how we handle it...............I think Cookie also would have asked due to the JDB rumours and 1yr 2yr etc

TheRev

First Grade
Either side centre will do, I actually think Suli is better on the right than he is left so I don't think it matters what side we go after. Left is probably ideal overall. In terms of props, I think we're in need of two quality props. Definitely need a half desperately as well.
o Centres: We need that Val Holmes type centre (and Flanno said wer'e after one) while Buchanan spends 2yrs in NSW Cup... possibly we will keep Max Feagai as a backup but hes not a threat.. hes just a really solid fill-in. And yah Suli did say he prefers right side.. And then im not sure if Bird will be here or not. Ben Johnson seems to be in favour also, but I cant be sure about him either.

o Props: if JDB goes we definitely need 2.. mostly because Fifita hasnt stepped up to the mark, MMolo too.. im sure we didnt actually want.. I think it was just an emergency cover or it was to secure Frank... I would like to see more of the Couchmans games in 1st grade because there stats r rly good, but I just cant be sure if its off the back of the bigger forwards and they r able to run good lines with that footwork as a result... i.e. can they be part of the 1st grade prop rotation with noone to do the hard carries? Dunno.. its also 9 more months and a pre-season away, but we will get an idea this year.

Illusion

Bench
A great coach also navigates a contract like this with transparency

There is no doubt in my mind that Flanos personality would have also said "I want to make the 2 years happen and so do you Damien............if we get a stage in 2026 and the legs and mind have gone early..........what do you see as a practical way for us to navigate that"

I reckon we would have all bases covered re 2026 and if he wants to play another season or two but is not quite good enough for NRL there would be an honest conversation of how we handle it...............I think Cookie also would have asked due to the JDB rumours and 1yr 2yr etc
So Cook signs 2 year deal ........ Wasn't sure about it at first but when I think of it a bit better it will be just what we need ......... Liddle struggles to play 80min , Cook getting to the end of his playing days but still nippy around the ruck area ....... So both of them sharing the 9 we really don't lose much either way when each is given a breather ........ Plus keeps them both fresher and eager .......