What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Damien Cook

Dragon David

First Grade
Here we go again. Who are we to believe? I don't believe anything that has been circulated or speculated or rumoured because belief in something that might happen kills the brain cells especially when it doesn't happen. Managers working their magic again no doubt.

Just believe it when players are actually confirmed as being signed, sealed and delivered on the Dragons website.

TheRev

First Grade
They are squashing the part about the early (2024) release.. which is one of the bits I think was made up, there are more and more of these journo articles putting random story leaks together and using a few wiggle words like 'could' or 'might'.. and then that gets taken seriously and used in subsequent articles..

Cook has been given permission to negotiate for 2025 however.. otherwise we couldnt have offered.

Gareth67

First Grade
Seems very odd that Wayne Bennett would allow a player of Cook’s experience to leave . He knows he can get the very best out of those individuals in the twilight of their careers .

However Dragon David is correct - when it appears on the Dragon website only then will we know that the deal has been done .

CozDragon

Juniors
Seems very odd that Wayne Bennett would allow a player of Cook’s experience to leave . He knows he can get the very best out of those individuals in the twilight of their careers .

However Dragon David is correct - when it appears on the Dragon website only then will we know that the deal has been done .
I think it is more a case of trying to get some fresh & much cheaper legs into the spine and Cook was always going to lose out to Mitchell and Walker.

Old Timer

Coach
I find it strange how much importance some posters are placing on 33 year old Cook's potential signing.

We are a weak forward pack now and will only be weaker if we lose J D B and we still have no alpha props so what is it that Cook will bring that will be so important?

Quick legs (have you heard he is beach sprint champion) behind an easily contained pack is hardly a recipe for success.

Now some saying "culture & leadership" ask yourself how did that all go for Souths and J D and if it was a strong point for Cook how is it he is leaving and Mitchell & Walker remain?

Now if we had of signed an alpha prop and a formidable other middle then perhaps it might make some sense as some of the younger brigade get blooded.

If we get Cook without an alpha prop and a "formidable" middle then it is putting the cart well and truly before the horse.

Get me Nelson & Radley 1st as the main course and then Cook is like gravy on top.

If it is more of Lawrie, M Molo, Eisenhuth, Sele then you don't need gravy you need the scrap bucket and start again.

Latest posts