What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Damien Cook

Mojo

Bench
Cook has not been bought by this Club to play Centre ..
He will share the 9 with Liddle and will be interesting to see how Flanno works it
Sure in an emergency situation Cookie could fill in But his defence at times can also be thread bare , as it was on certain occasions yesterday
.His experience , professionalism will be invaluable to our younger players
Hell id even make him Skipper and take the pressure off BH
The biggest question is where does that leave Bird ??
Initially , i saw him as a 14 because of his versatility but most teams have at least 2 back rowers and a prop in rotation .
Can we carry a lightweight loose forward on the bench..? Interesting ..
We will nail at least 1 poss 2 heavyweight forwards in coming weeks with Flanno wanting domination thru the middle , and not being rag dolled as we are now
Time will tell ........
Captain Cook

Dragon David

First Grade
I love reading this -

The team includes rising players in the game including Lachlan Galvin and Kaeo Weekes as well others who had arguably their best season for their clubs, like St George Illawarra hooker Jacob Liddle.

“Teamwork, not a battle,” Cook laughed when asked about how the pair would fight it out for the starting role at the Dragons next season.

“It'll be teamwork; we'll be working together really well.

“He had a great season this year; he would have been one of The Dragons' top two players for the whole season.

"We'll make it work and we'll be a good little combination there that hopefully can put the Dragons back up towards the top of the ladder where they belong.

“Obviously, I have got to go down there for pre-season (and) first, you have got to earn the right and that's what I want to do first, is go down there and earn the right and the respect of my new teammates.

“(But) it's been good to train alongside him and get to know him and it's obviously going to make it a little bit easier when I walk in first day training at Dragons. (Can) feel like first day of school, so it'd be good to have met a couple of face before I get there.”

I'm really looking forward to Cookie coming to the Dragons.

SnowDragon

Juniors
I love reading this -

The team includes rising players in the game including Lachlan Galvin and Kaeo Weekes as well others who had arguably their best season for their clubs, like St George Illawarra hooker Jacob Liddle.

“Teamwork, not a battle,” Cook laughed when asked about how the pair would fight it out for the starting role at the Dragons next season.

“It'll be teamwork; we'll be working together really well.

“He had a great season this year; he would have been one of The Dragons' top two players for the whole season.

"We'll make it work and we'll be a good little combination there that hopefully can put the Dragons back up towards the top of the ladder where they belong.

“Obviously, I have got to go down there for pre-season (and) first, you have got to earn the right and that's what I want to do first, is go down there and earn the right and the respect of my new teammates.

“(But) it's been good to train alongside him and get to know him and it's obviously going to make it a little bit easier when I walk in first day training at Dragons. (Can) feel like first day of school, so it'd be good to have met a couple of face before I get there.”

I'm really looking forward to Cookie coming to the Dragons.
Warms the heart, that or it’s this cheap Italian red I’m drinking while waiting for dinner in my hotel room in Milan 😇

BLM01

First Grade
Hmmm.. work together that is interesting
we potentially will have one of the best hooker combination rotation in the comp.
Although Harry and Api usually play 80 sometimes they do come off for a rest
Well done Flanno