What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Damien MARTYN...

blaine train

Juniors
the problem with the australian team is they are all friends and all feel to safe. 10 years ago have 4 bad innings and you were under the pump

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
Lee is a good bloke but i have never rated him even when he was peaking. Martyn is THE most boring player to watch and you tend top not have to watch him for long :roll:. Bring back Junior! I love him. Favourite player. Me and my mate are his fan club we were at Telstra Stadium Saturday night NSW V QLD and we cheered :clap: every ball he faced except when he got out. :(
He is a champion bloke who has a absolute ripper of a technique and IMHO he is a much better batsmen than Steve.

stormboy

Juniors
... if i was u guys i would be more worried about a bloke called 'Bing' Lee - that bowling yesterday was shockin'

wittyfan

Referee
stormboy said:
... if i was u guys i would be more worried about a bloke called 'Bing' Lee - that bowling yesterday was shockin'

Martyn and Lee are of equal concern.

Doctor

Bench
Dragon Fanatic said:
Lee is a good bloke but i have never rated him even when he was peaking. Martyn is THE most boring player to watch and you tend top not have to watch him for long :roll:. Bring back Junior! I love him. Favourite player. Me and my mate are his fan club we were at Telstra Stadium Saturday night NSW V QLD and we cheered :clap: every ball he faced except when he got out. :(
He is a champion bloke who has a absolute ripper of a technique and IMHO he is a much better batsmen than Steve.

If anything, the similarities between Damien Martyn and Mark Waugh are the most prevailant of any two number 4s in cricket.

Both look comfortable at the crease, far too comfortable. Both tend to make batting look crisp and footwork easy. But both get out to lazy shots brought about by complacency.

Mark Waugh's form has dropped away significantly since his Test retirement. He averaged just 35 in Pura Cup last year with a highest score of 83*. This year he hasn't faired much better - prior to the match in Newcastle he was averaging 37 - his form in the Newcastle match was ordinary so his average will now be lower.

No first class century in two years points towards a player out of form.