What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Damn Proud....

RABK

Referee
.....of my mighty Knights!

Any ratbag who thinks that us Knights supporters are hurt by winning the spoon and been taunted about it guess what......your damn right.

It hurts, it hurts bad. But not because some f**ktard decided to rub it in, not because some twig get's a high by having a 30 minute keyboard hero session in our forum, not because we are disgusted at our players......

It's because we know the players have played their hearts out for us and have put a smile back on our face but have unfortunately been handed the spoon despite their incredible efforts.

But i can tell you, right now i have never been prouder to be a knights fan, were a special bunch of people and you wankers could spend 8,000 years having passion shoved up your ass and would still only have 1/8th the passion us Novacastrians have.

To our boys, they've made me so damn proud this year and i know next year we will be back!

Bring on the Dragons tommorow, I'm sure the boys have got one more big performance left in them, but......

Win, lose or draw i will always be damn proud to be a Knight!

Go hard, go proud.....go our mighty Knights! :D

Misanthrope

Staff member
Hear, hear. Souths fans don't know a damn thing about loyalty, as evidenced by how quickly they all jumped ship when the rot sank in (which was pretty much immediate). Souths couldn't get the crowds Newcastle have this year if they finished first, and let's face it, that won't happen during our lifetime.

I've seen us win premierships before, but I've got to say, the boys showed more heart in finding the will to win when the wooden spoon was almost certainly ours than they did in any of our premiership winning years. A lesser side would have given up and just finished a miserable last. Thanks to passion our side can make the not-so-proud claim to having been the most successful wooden spoon winning team in history.

Nuke

Staff member
We haven't gotten it yet. Surely we can put 52 on the Dragons tomorrow arvo?

I have faith.

RABK

Referee
As do i, but like i said...win, lose or draw we'll be cheering the boys off the field and back onto the bus.

Well said. Couldn't agree with you more, and I'm sure that you have just put the perfect words to the way that 99.99% of Knights fans feel.

We are hurting, but we are proud and we will be back.

Roll on 06... the year of the Knights 3rd premiership!

~bedsy~

First Grade
:clap: I completely agree. I really wish I could go and support the boys this afternoon.It's been a tough year for everyone involed with the Knights, but the supporters will always be behind them.

Gene Krupa

Referee
I'm mighty proud of the guys if they do get the spoon.

The best darn last placed team in history! :cool:

thuganomics

Coach
Hey, look on the bright side. We could become the first team to win the Spoon then the Premiership the next year :)

CycloneSteve

Juniors
thuganomics said:
Hey, look on the bright side. We could become the first team to win the Spoon then the Premiership the next year :)

I have a feeling that someone has already done that. Possibly St George who I think entered the comp and finished in last place then won the comp the next year. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

In any case it would be totally awesome to win the comp next year after the year we have had this year. But I'm sure someone will find way to bring us down even if we do.....there is always some pathetic excuse (i.e. Half a comp, drugs, one man team etc. etc.)

knights98

Juniors
i believe tha panthers in 2002 got the wooden spoon and then went on to finish first and win the grand final in 2003, they had similar injury problems to us in 2002.

cheers.

Stranger

Coach
knights98 said:
i believe tha panthers in 2002 got the wooden spoon and then went on to finish first and win the grand final in 2003, they had similar injury problems to us in 2002.

cheers.

Panthers got the spoon in 2001
2002-bulldogs.

bluey

Bench
keep your heads up guys your team should be in my teams postition 7th and i believe you would shake the crap out of the finals

Nuke

Staff member
It would be even more impressive if we won the Grand Final in 2006 with the same squad (with a couple of exceptions) and coach that may come last in 2005.

I wouldn't mind betting that hasn't been done before.

Andy

First Grade
Yeah, yeah... Loyalty, proud, etc and all that.

I'm so tired of hearing about it. Let's just give it a rest and get on with accepting the spoon and get ready for next year.

There's only one thing worse than a sore loser, and that's a loser that is so gracious that it makes you sick.

I don't want to be that kind of loser.

RABK

Referee
Andy said:
Yeah, yeah... Loyalty, proud, etc and all that.

I'm so tired of hearing about it. Let's just give it a rest and get on with accepting the spoon and get ready for next year.

There's only one thing worse than a sore loser, and that's a loser that is so gracious that it makes you sick.

I don't want to be that kind of loser.

It is more a response to the trolls then been gracious.

:arrow:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Andy, seriously champ, u can't tell me that ur not damn proud of the boys. If u are then u are a very hard person to please. I couldn't agree more with what RABK has said, I, for one am bloody proud to call myself a Knights fan. Even when we lost 13 in a row, my loyalty to them never wavered, NEVER for a minute did i think of throwing in the towel and saying "nah this is too hard." That is not an example of a "gracious loser" to me :arrow: