What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dan Tolar

voltron

Juniors
yeah
abe's right arm out, looking for an offload really reminded me of Ben Kennedy's offloading arm
i was like WOW
i hope he can develop that, and people come looking for it too

Ben

Bench
abe's right arm out, looking for an offload really reminded me of Ben Kennedy's offloading arm
aah, i've really missed BK. Is everything our forward pack isn't and everything our forward pack should be.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
I hope they don't follow Newto's example, he throws some stupid offloads.

Nathan Merritt and Nathan Blacklock were experts of support play even though they were/are wingers maybe it's something Mcmanus should develop in his game he could be damaging running of our forwards and i have seen Uate do it JF last year, he scored that solo try in the grand final from the middle of the park so thats another option.

voltron

Juniors
same with perry
he has some of the dumbest offloads
no one there, but just throws it
sigh

yeah
support play would be mad
which positions are suppose to give the most support play?

perverse

Referee
voltron said:
same with perry
he has some of the dumbest offloads
no one there, but just throws it
sigh

yeah
support play would be mad
which positions are suppose to give the most support play?
traditionally that would be a fullbacks role, but smith isn't afraid to break the mould. i daresay it is still one of kidleys duties though.. and in light of the souths game i daresay we'll see more of it in the following weeks.

Pika

Bench
I think Newtons offloads this season have been reduced.

As mentioned, fullback is the obvious choice.

Depending on where the run is made, it could be either centres or wingers. It often ends up the hooker who happens to be there for play of the ball.

It will take some time to take effect, but the importance of the play is certainly recognised by the coaching staff. Expect it to become a more prevalent part of the Knights play as the year goes on.

perverse

Referee
Pika said:
I think Newtons offloads this season have been reduced.

As mentioned, fullback is the obvious choice.

Depending on where the run is made, it could be either centres or wingers. It often ends up the hooker who happens to be there for play of the ball.

It will take some time to take effect, but the importance of the play is certainly recognised by the coaching staff. Expect it to become a more prevalent part of the Knights play as the year goes on.
good stuff mate. just what i wanted to read.

CJKnight

Juniors
One of the things that turned Parra's season around last year (when they had that massive streak of wins and made it to the finals) was the offloads that suddenly started to double.

I'm not sure whether this was from the direction of the coach or what. But it seemed whenever a forward took the ball to the line he just dumped it out the back (knowing someone would be there). They scored alot of tries from it.

Frederick

Staff member
christopherjon said:
One of the things that turned Parra's season around last year (when they had that massive streak of wins and made it to the finals) was the offloads that suddenly started to double.

I'm not sure whether this was from the direction of the coach or what. But it seemed whenever a forward took the ball to the line he just dumped it out the back (knowing someone would be there). They scored alot of tries from it.
Source for that? And don't say your arse cause we've already proven that's not a credible source :)

CJKnight

Juniors
Frederick said:
Source for that? And don't say your arse cause we've already proven that's not a credible source :)

Go watch Parra's run home to the finals last year. Something I noticed was that they started offloading a heck of alot more. Alot more meters and tries came from "dumping them out the back" and someone like Burt, Tahu, or Mikinnon picking them up and ctaching the defisive line retreating.

A pretty impressive tactic from ateam who usually plays pretty constructive footy.

Frederick

Staff member
christopherjon said:
Go watch Parra's run home to the finals last year. Something I noticed was that they started offloading a heck of alot more. Alot more meters and tries came from "dumping them out the back" and someone like Burt, Tahu, or Mikinnon picking them up and ctaching the defisive line retreating.

A pretty impressive tactic from ateam who usually plays pretty constructive footy.
...that doesn't answer my question. I asked if you actually had the stats to back up your claims that Parra's offloads doubled during their winning streak. If you're unable to provide those stats, then I'm just gonna have to take this as your "expert opinion and facts" that you constantly pull from your arse :)

CJKnight

Juniors
Frederick said:
...that doesn't answer my question. I asked if you actually had the stats to back up your claims that Parra's offloads doubled during their winning streak. If you're unable to provide those stats, then I'm just gonna have to take this as your "expert opinion and facts" that you constantly pull from your arse :)

I was stating I (that's me) had noticed that happening by watching the games. NOT that everyone else should/would have the same view... Don't need stats when you have two eyes to see it for yourself.

Although I'm sure I could find the stats if I had 5 spare hours to look at '06 Parra stats (something I'm not accustomed to doing). Some of us have exciting lives to live...

Frederick

Staff member
christopherjon said:
Some of us have exciting lives to live...
If your life is as made up as the facts you constantly vomit all over this forum, it must be very exciting indeed :lol:

perverse

Referee
lol way to take all the substance out of cj's post and focus on a minor detail that he may or may not have fudged.

substance was good.. cj i think you'll have to be more politically correct in the future.. i certainly don't have a problem with your opinions.. you usually have good input, just need to work on the execution to satisfy the anally retentive amongst us.

CJKnight

Juniors
perverse said:
lol way to take all the substance out of cj's post and focus on a minor detail that he may or may not have fudged.

substance was good.. cj i think you'll have to be more politically correct in the future.. i certainly don't have a problem with your opinions.. you usually have good input, just need to work on the execution to satisfy the anally retentive amongst us.

THANKYOU perverse... if someone had explained it like before, I would have had an idea of what was the problem.

I would rather someone ask me a question or tell me strait what is the problem rather than slam my post.

Ben

Bench
like gene, its fun watching him fire up
yeah, Gene where are you?

Anyway back on topic, I don't mind the idea of just dumping them out the back, but do we have anyone of considerable speed who can capitalise. Our outside backs are either old or slow so i'm not sure if its going to work the same way.

Burwood

Bench
lol, so CJ didn't literally mean that Parra doubled their offloads? :roll:

It's pretty easy to work out the point that CJ was trying to get across- no need to nit-pick with minor details. I don't expect him to go off for 2 hours and find conclusive proof that Parra's offloads increased by said amount.

Latest posts