What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dane Gagai released

Seagullsrock

Juniors
JENNINGS TURNED UP TO TRAINING DRUNK!!! He is injury prone, inconsistent and indisciplined.

I don't think Gagai is going to get the axe fourex raised an interesting point about the door being open for him still.

He can join Gagai's club then.

IBA

Juniors
Moylan signed to Storm didn't he?

Also Hook talked about taking Gagai back, albeit in a couple of years...

"I'd never say never and I said that to him yesterday," said Griffin when asked if the 21-year-old could fight his way back into the Broncos fold in the future.

"In a few years' time, if he wants to come back to the club and we've got a need for him and he's in a different space, then we'd consider it."

http://www.nrl.com/griffin-says-gagai-welcome-back/tabid/10874/newsid/67333/default.aspx

Behold

Juniors
Where's Kemp, last I heard he was playing for one of the St George feeder clubs and can we get him back? I really liked him when he started out at the Broncos, he had a bad time of it at the Warriors but he has/had huge potential and is very quick, something we are missing on the wings at the moment. Griffin seems to be in favour of bringing back players who the Broncos have invested time and money in. I suspect if we buy anyone to cover Gagai it will be a former broncos player or u20s player but I can't see the Broncos spending a great deal and will probably just promote someone from the Q Cup or the u20s.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Yeh he was briefly affiliated with Parramatta Rugby Club down here in Sydney (they are the worst team and win about 1 game a year) he also trained with the Melbourne Rebels as Parra were their feeder team. The coaches realised he wasn't what he was made up to be in his first few seasons at the broncos and now he is running around in the lower grades of St George somewhere.

Ron Swanson

Juniors
Now we have an explanation for why Griffin kept picking Dale Copley over him.

The fact that Gagai played only a few first grade games and he's being talked about so heavily in the media says a lot about how good this guy could've been for us.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Where's Kemp, last I heard he was playing for one of the St George feeder clubs and can we get him back? I really liked him when he started out at the Broncos, he had a bad time of it at the Warriors but he has/had huge potential and is very quick, something we are missing on the wings at the moment. Griffin seems to be in favour of bringing back players who the Broncos have invested time and money in. I suspect if we buy anyone to cover Gagai it will be a former broncos player or u20s player but I can't see the Broncos spending a great deal and will probably just promote someone from the Q Cup or the u20s.

No to the soccer player......

I For Talent

Juniors
Any other Broncos fan watch Gagai play today in QLD Cup?
He can throw them.. I see him throw them at the clubs most weekends :lol:

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Different account... same dribble...

I did watch the game and both Gagai and Whitchurch were excellent. Gagai was in everything, including the biffo, which imo, he wasnt the one to instigate it. He was very hard to handle and has good pace, no doubt we will miss his depth. Whitchurch was very strong and very solid in defense. He is not a flashy player like Gagai but I feel he is a player that Griffin will like as he just does his job and does it well. Might be a bold statement but based on that showing I think he should be the one to replace Hodges in the centres, not a backrower (although coincidentally Whitchurch can play back row).

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Different account... same dribble...

I did watch the game and both Gagai and Whitchurch were excellent. Gagai was in everything, including the biffo, which imo, he wasnt the one to instigate it. He was very hard to handle and has good pace, no doubt we will miss his depth. Whitchurch was very strong and very solid in defense. He is not a flashy player like Gagai but I feel he is a player that Griffin will like as he just does his job and does it well. Might be a bold statement but based on that showing I think he should be the one to replace Hodges in the centres, not a backrower (although coincidentally Whitchurch can play back row).

Word around Kougari yesterday was Nat Barnes was first in line backline wise during Origin time.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Fair article.

I wonder how long a player like Jennings would have lasted at the Broncos with all his off-field incidences. Its a shame so many small indiscretions have hurt the young lads career, but as the article mentions he is clearly talented and young and will have no trouble finding a new club in the near future.

Latest posts