What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dane laurie?

drago brelli

Bench
Mason sending those twitter responses to some bloke in England was poor judgement. He has to learn to ignore those idiots and not get baited. It's probably too late though.

stuke

Bench
According to the Newcastle newspaper he killed them for the Scorpions last Sunday. So he might be playing pretty good. Is bigger than Willie and was already on the books though. So if Laurie was going to play for the Knights this year I'm not sure what Willie is doing there.

I'm guessing that you know nothing about the local comp....

Rolla

Juniors
I thought we had a decent NSW cup side. I must be wrong though cos there are three pages on a bloke in the local league being a guy people are wanting to see in first grade soon.

If he was close to first grade he would be playing NSW cup right? I mean kelly is a 'project' and it took what a week for him to be in that team? Laurie has had a preseason and 7 rounds, as well as playing in a position we are a bit light in, yet he is running round for the scorpians? I hope all our young/back up players come good and become dominant firstgraders, but i think Laurie is a fair way off.

slotmachine

First Grade
Laurie has been injured for weeks and played one game for the scorpions where he was clearly a class above.

It's not like he's been kicking around the local comp since the beginning of the season.

He'll be playing NSW Cup tomorrow.

Whats Doing

Bench
Thats what i am aware of Slot. Laurie only has had one game this year which was last week for the Scorpians. We need to give him a few weeks before we pass judgment but he is clearly far above the local level.

If he and Mason do come good, there would be a huge front row rotation with Snowy

Rolla

Juniors
If injury has kept him out of NSW cup then i've probably been too harsh.

It is good that he was a class above for the scorpians, but i would hope all our fringe players would be in the same boat in the local league though. What i want to see is these guys showing they are a class above NSW cup. Hopefully this weekend we will see that.

stuke

Bench
Not sure how far ahead of the local comp you guys think Laurie is?

He played the backend of the year at Macquarie last year and didn't set the world on fire. His one game so far was against Port Stephens - they'll be lucky to get a win all year.

Don't get to far ahead of yourselves!

Not sure how far ahead of the local comp you guys think Laurie is?

He played the backend of the year at Macquarie last year and didn't set the world on fire. His one game so far was against Port Stephens - they'll be lucky to get a win all year.

Don't get to far ahead of yourselves!

LOL. Have you not been watching us play of late? We are simply referring to the fact the bloke is enormous and we have been lacking a big unit up front. Now we have Willie it doesn't really matter now does it! Makes no difference to me. It is all hypothetical anyway.

Bluebag

Juniors
Daine will play this weekend and next weekend in the local comp as he is returning from injury, the knights have a bye coming up and he wanted continuity to get back to fitness. Much has been written about his so called off field efforts and work ethic but yet no coach not even Sheens faulted his efforts at training. The so called dramas were not of his doing if you knew what happened and been blown up especially from some at WT. I hope he goes well for the knights.

slotmachine

First Grade
Grill Team on Twitter says;

Knights #NSWCup team trained ystrdy. Willie Mason, Albert Kelly & Daine Laurie will play 2mrw. 1245pm. Toyota Stadium.

Latest posts