What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dane Tilse Sacked

worldcitizen

Juniors
I'm not a Knights supporter but I'm very impressed with how the Knights management handled it. Basically such behaviour is atrocious and throwing the book at everyone involved as well as banning and fining sends out a clear message as well as sets an example to other clubs to follow. I would want my club (roosters) to throw out any scum doing such things. I didn't like the way the BullDogs handled the issue. They tried to use anything as an excuse to save their players even though they had definitely broken club rules.

We need more responsible clubs like the Knights in the NRL and less clubs like the BullDogs who basically are very arrogant.

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
Nice post worldcitizen. :clap: Now that the clear message has been sent out, I'd be very, very surprised if any Knights players pull these stunts again.

^ Pando

retired
Why bring up the Bulldogs at all?
This latest fiasco has nothing to do with them.
If it makes you feel better by saying "Hey it was bad, but not as bad as the Bulldogs", then more power to you.
Sounds like denial and shifting the focus to a club that doesn't deserve it to me.
Suck it up and move on Knights fans. We've been copping this shit for ages.

Hellsy

Immortal
Nuffy said:
Let me start by saying that the club acted decisively and appropriately and therefore minimised the damage to some extent unlike some of the previous soap operas.

I also think that the club must have had solid reasons for letting Tilse go, in this age of litigation, you need to be sure of your position when you take actions like that.

Bearing all that in mind, I think the club should try to arrange a mentor to assist Tilse over the next 12 months, maybe a ex hero like Robbie whose suffered a similar public fall from grace, just to help the kid negotiate what will be a difficult 12 months. Plus the club could assist and encourage the kid to undertake some training and or community work to help him atone for his mistake.

He is only a kid that has made a terrible, potentially life changing mistake, he has to pay for his mistake but he also deserves some assistance in getting things back on track.

I would argue that many people have done some incredibly stupid things in their times, I know I have, and therefore Tilse deserves the opportunity to set things right and make up for his mistake, to prove to everyone that he is worthy of a second chance, that chance may not come at the Knights, but perhaps we can be the catalyst for change.

I know that as his employer the Knights aren't bound to help him however I'd like to think that they could informally provide some assistance to a kid that has had his world torn down in the last 48 hours.

Please, I'm not defending his actions, the club has acted correctly AND he must pay a price, however I think people sometimes do incredibly stupid things, but should they be cut loose altogether and forever or assisted to make amends for their mistakes.

Let he without sin cast the first stone.

Really well said Nuffy..
Exactly what I was thinking...he is just a kid who had a temporary brain explosion and could use some help getting through the next year.
I wish him the best despite what has happened... :)

Latest posts