What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dane Tilse Sacked

mat_parsons

Juniors
I think it was better just to suspend Dane Tilse until full POLICE, NOT NRL,investigation is over. As someone said Bulldogs got away with it as many other clubs do but why would Newcastle players be only ones punished? Like we dont have enough troubles without this? Being honest is not best solution most the times.

innsaneink

Referee
mat_parsons said:
I think it was better just to suspend Dane Tilse until full POLICE, NOT NRL,investigation is over. As someone said Bulldogs got away with it as many other clubs do but why would Newcastle players be only ones punished? Like we dont have enough troubles without this? Being honest is not best solution most the times.

There used to be a beak at Bankstown local court.

Doyle I think was his name.

It was a well known fact that if you fronted him first thing in the morning, or early.....it was preferable to fronting him towards the end of the day, when his sentences got severer as the day wore on.

Kaz

junior
Just on Fox was an interview with Ken Conway.

He mentioned Tilse being sacked & admissions were made.

But he couldn't say what admissions they were as legal action could happen.

Also some players told the club about Bathurst-gate before it hit the media.

macavity

Referee
rufus youngblood said:
Y ou guys are quick to jump down the throat of this youngster tilse but what about the great example set by your senior players, i bet tilse had to drag guys like gidley,reynaldson and perenial drunk Mark Hughes.

good point. however im betting they weren't the guys jumping on top of women.

Its a smokescreen, sack the guy we need least.
Throwing the smallest lamb to the slaughterhouse.
No, we aren't getting rid of Andrew Price........ :roll:

If only this were true. Instead, one of our best prospects will probably end up being a star for the 'Dogs or Broncos or someone.

Alex28

Coach
Hill has basically said today that he was sacked for vandalism, theft and forcing himself onto women in their rooms even if there is no proof of sexual assault - to me thats fair enough.

There is no smokescreen - I would imagine the club would be happy to get rid of Hughes if they had half the chance (at $250K a year). Dane Tilse was going to be our next superstar - thats what makes this sad situation even worse than it already is.

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
I find it interesting that a lot of opposition supporters are accusing the Knights of "sacking the guy they need the least". Believe it or not, we are genuine in saying that Tilse showed a lot of potential. In fact, if you still think we're full of it, refer to this thread (http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/viewtopic.php?t=44123) from last year, in which Tilse was voted as the young gun whom we thought would have the best season in 2005. The fact that this was posted a few months ago shows that we aren't just saying he's a genuine prospect now, just because he's been sacked.

So don't feed me your crap about "throwing the smallest lamb to the slaughterhouse". There are many of the 12 players in trouble that I would prefer to lose than Tilse. But Tilse did the wrong thing, so it's only fair that he's the one to go.

A lot of people are saying that sacking Tilse was too harsh. We don't know all the facts; all we are hearing is that there are admissions about Tilse relating to sexual misconduct. I'm quite certain the Knights wouldn't have made this decision lightly. I don't see this as an over-reaction on their part.

While I'm sad to see Tilse go, I'm also 100% behind the Knights on this one. If the Bulldogs didn't have the guts to sack any of their players, then that's their problem. I'd rather lose a genuine prospect, than be known as a club who merely issues fines which really aren't a sufficient form of discipline.

Hurriflatch

Referee
In all honesty it is a good thing that Tilse was sacked but the so called senior players should have recieved bigger punishments then they did $50,000 divided between 12 players is a bit of $4,000 each unless my maths is really bad.

Now for the youngsters on around 50-75,000 that is a big deal but for a guy like K.Gidley, Hughes or Reynoldson who could well be on 250,000 and maybe even more it is no more then loose change.

The Knights handled this a lot better then the Bulldogs handled their cadse 12 mths ago but the fact there was a case that needed to be handled is the much bigger problem.

It is obvious that RL players when they get into groups simplu are too stupid to act correctly and the only soultion is to put them on as very very short leash.

- Breath Testing at training
- Curfew on all away games, based on the fact it is being reported that the players got back for curfew and waited till the monitors were asleep then went out it might be needed to lock the door and take away the players room keys and never get anything below the 4th level of a building in case some try and go out the window and I wouldn't put it past some based on reports.
- If possible leave away venue on same night as game.
- Eductate players on proper behaviour
- Get players, coaches, trainers etc (who have a brain) to "baby sit" the stupid players

Don't get me wrong what the Knights did was good but A LOT more still needs to be done.

BTW, just to clairfy I'm talking accross the board here not just Newcastle or the Bulldogs.

roopy

Referee
Tilse is a Junior Kangaroo - which makes him one of the best under 21 prospects in the Country.
The only doubt I have over him getting a run in a years time with someone, is it is possible Union will pick him up cheap - because the 200 cm beanpole is the same build as John Eales and a powerful running forward. Union would be crazy not to look at a guy fit for firstgrade and with that build.

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
I hope he does find some football-related employment next year. I'd hate to see his talent go to waste. I think a lot of people will be reluctant to sign him because of what's happened, but then again, if that was the case on a large scale, there's no way players such as Hopoate, McGuinness or Walker would have found employment after their incidents.

John_Travolta

Juniors
I`m getting sick of ppl compaing sh!t here, the Bulldogs iccodent and this are two different matters, ONE 50 times worse than the other.... Lets not lose sight of this. Or come to any conclusions by mixing both issues into the mix.

This will be my last comment on this one, i`ve said enough for now......

macavity

Referee
the NRL aren't going to register him for 12mths... hmm...

do you think the Knights said they were going to sack him, or do you think they were coerced into doing so by the NRL.....

?

think he will ever be back?

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
macavity said:
the NRL aren't going to register him for 12mths... hmm...

do you think the Knights said they were going to sack him, or do you think they were coerced into doing so by the NRL.....

I don't care how it happened, I'm just glad that it did happen. It was the appropriate punishment.

macavity said:
think he will ever be back?
Your guess is as good as mine.

~bedsy~

First Grade
I think the Knights did the right thing to sack this kid :clap:

He may have abeen a great prospect, however he ruined that for himself.

John_Travolta

Juniors
I don`t know if any club would want a player like him at their club after whats apparently transpired..... would you?

Special K

Coach
the NRL would be pissed considering he was at the rookie camp...

So have the Knights fired him or have the NRL said they will not register him? What I mean is can he shave his head and turn up next week at Manly for example?

Hurriflatch

Referee
Both, the Knights "fired" him then the NRL said they will not register the player at another club.

All contracts must be registered with the NRL so even if Manly for example try and sign him the NRL will not register him so the contract isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

roopy

Referee
Special K said:
the NRL would be pissed considering he was at the rookie camp...

So have the Knights fired him or have the NRL said they will not register him? What I mean is can he shave his head and turn up next week at Manly for example?
The Knights tore up his contract for this season, and the NRL made it a one year ban by saying they will not register him for 12 months.
He could start playing Union with his big brother tomorrow - and the Newcastle rep Union side could have two guys named Tilse in the lineout - both 200cm tall.

macavity

Referee
John_Travolta said:
I don`t know if any club would want a player like him at their club after whats apparently transpired..... would you?

one word:

Hoppa

actually, two more

Julian O'Neil

... seems to me if you can play, you can get a run. it will blow over, remain a stain on his name, but not prevent him from reaching his potential.

unless it does his head in.

Stranger

Coach
Bloddy idiot, got what he deserved. I was one who was saying he was going to be great. Ive even said he would play SOO at some stage but now as far as im concerned he can get f**ked :evil: .

just one mistake..... Jumping on girls when there in there doorm... we are tought for the age of 10 about sexual harrasment and stuff like that... bloddy idiot.

Latest posts