What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Anderson Master Psychologist

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If the plan is to play like sh*t for most of the year scrape into the 8 and then fire up i think we need a new plan.

lingard

Coach
It's about adapting and adapting and adapting, bending with the roaring winds of change as they blast through without ever losing focus on the bigger picture (your dream - your goal), because if you do, the dream is dead, the tree has been uprooted. Very few have this skill anymore. It requires a never say die attitude embodied with grounded realism. You must never be emotionally attached to your dreams because then the bucket (brain) is full of distraction, blocking out options from reaching through to inspire you back on course and so you become stuck in a rut (a self-destructing loser) of your own making.

I might not agree with how DA, PO & co went about decimating the Eels bonded-spirit forged out of the 2009 season which created a lot of unnecessary distraction but I do fully support Daniel Anderson's ability to adapt and adapt, learning as he goes from one experience to the next, never losing sight of his dream, which is your dream, my dream and all Eels supporters dream.

It`s over for this year, Casper; just accept it.

True EEL

Bench
If the plan is to play like sh*t for most of the year scrape into the 8 and then fire up i think we need a new plan.

x3

i don't mind your arguement Capser, but i hardly think we can afford to essentially throw games right now - we are realistically a faint hope of making the finals after that loss...i think you are putting too much stock in DA's admiration of the, err.....Roosters?!

yy_cheng

Coach
agree with TE.

It'll be funny that we miss out on the 8 by 2 competition points because we wanted the Chooks not to see what we've got.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Yes, I really thought the night the Eels decimated the Dogs in the first 40 minutes the Eels would win 30+ against the Roosters the following week. So much for my tipping.

However, in looking for the good in everything, the bursting of the bubble that was the week-to-week compounding pressure of emulating last years late season run was needed.

Now the pressure is off and all the boys have experienced a wonderful reality check. Yes, the boys will need to win the next 5 games to guarantee an entry into the semis BUT the expectation from all around is off, as it was last year, reverse psychology kicks in, and DA has performed the correct surgical procedure to give the Eels squad the best environment required for them to finally lay to rest all their demons derived from all the emotional upsets/angst etc built up since late pre-season when the 20009/2010 squad was being butchered for 2011 onwards, and come together as a united outfit determined to play the best 80 minutes of football they can week in week out to seasons end.

In this squad there are players who are not losers and they are not going to die wondering what if............

The Eels to win the 2010 premiership off the back of a genius tactician.

Last edited:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
It`s over for this year, Casper; just accept it.

There are 10 competition points up for grabs for the rest of the year and we are currently on 22 points ranked 10th where as Penrith are on 28 points ranked 2nd. There is plenty of points, room and time to make the top 8.

sarahk

Juniors
I honestly dont think the loss was planned.

It is just a product of the Parramatta Eels. Premiership contenders one week, WTF was that the next week. Its been happening this whole year so no i dont think they actually plan to be like this, its just the way it is!