What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Anderson to coach Parra???

Eelectrica

Referee
I wouldn't mind Anderson being named as Parra coach for next year.
To take the Warriors as far as he did shows he does know a thing or three about coaching.
It would also be a fresh start. Maybe not as fresh as say John Cartwright coming for example, but probably the best that can be expected at this time.
I would expect that Anderson has re-examined everything that happened over the Offseason for the Warriors and hopefully learned a lesson from that.
Speaking of learning from mistakes, if Anderson was to be named as coach of Parra, I hope Fitzgerald doesn't offer him an overly long contract. Somewhere in the 2-3 year range I would think. That way if it doesn't work out Fitzgerald can pull the plug and look elsewhere without costing too much.

Parraren

Bench
Have the Warriors improved since Amderson departed though? That is the real question. Was the coach really the problem?

HRVTSKA

Juniors
Ding Ding we have a winner 'Parraren'!!!!!!

Coaching member of the warriors has hinted that there is unrest umongst players (bickering etc.)
Thats why we have seen lots of warriors leave....and players dont give 100% for there team mates!!!
Daniel Anderson was a temperary relief to the situation

Eels Dude

Coach
Why replace Smith with a coach who trained under him and follows his style of coaching. We need a coach with fresh ideas, not somebody different to pass on the same orders.

I understand that managing, and I mean "people" managing, the Warriors is a nightmare because you have to handle the Kiwis different to the Tongans different to the Samoans.

It would have been a huge issue for Daniel Anderson to counter and I think he did a pretty good job to get them to where they reached. Obviously something has happened for them to drop back down the ladder again.

That's another reason why they look to have a couple of aussies in the team for stability.

half

Coach
nooo, not anderson. if we move on from brian smith, it should be a fresh start

Misty Bee

First Grade
Agree. I have heard that Anderson is a structured coach like Smith. Well that works in the short term. Long term?

We need a fresh start. We need to punt Smith totally, the coaching director role will mean he still has influece. It works at Easts because Phil Gould knows how to win.

Smith, and anyone who has adopted his coaching traits, bust be totally cleansed from our club.

The Colonel

Immortal
I'd like to see a fresh start if there is a coaching change but Daniel Anderson??? Its fresh as he hasn't been with the club for a few years but I feel, as many of you do, that he is of a similar style to Smith. Look at Canberra, us and the Warriors - similar structured styles (hmmmmm wonder why! :roll: ), similar f**ked up seasons......

fish eel

Immortal
Have the Warriors improved since Amderson departed though? That is the real question. Was the coach really the problem?

The other question is, have we seen a worse side at parramatta stadium this year? Other than our own team vs saints?

I mean, 5 minutes into the game, it was taking their forwards 3 or 4 tackles to get back on side after a kick.

Also, from what I hear, the warriors, for some reason, basically refused to put in the hard yards on and off the pitch for anderson, who wasn't to upset to leave given he felt he couldnt get anymore out of them

True EEL

Bench
i agree with Colonel, Eels Dude, Misty and others who have asked.......is Daniel Anderson the answer????

as he trained under BS and has a very similar coaching style and philosophy to BS and he, BS and Matt Elliot (another BS trainee) have seen their sides tumble further and further down the ladder this year and last year???

i would like to see someone form left field, someone compltely different with a different philosophy come into Parra???

i mean, wouldn't people just like to see what sort of team would be picked and what sort of style of play the team would adopt under a completely different coach???? my point is Parra have simply gone stale under BS (it is really nothing personal aqgainst the man) its just more that his time is up!!!!

give someone else a shot and see how they go

and on Anderson, at least he gets openly cranky with players and the team when they stuff up and yells into the walkie talkie to his runners and trainers - somehting i would love to see Smithy do more of - he seems to just pat them on the back and say no its alright to let in 100 tries too much?????

Freak

Juniors
If Anderson did come on he would get my full support. I like his total dedication to getting the job done. He encouraged enterprising football at the Warriors which is something we have lacked recently, and it would appear he takes no nonsense.

Anyone who suggests that his coaching style would be too similar to Smith's because he did his apprenticeship under Smith are fools.

Is Stuart's style similar to Folkes???

Rednecked Yobbo

Juniors
Anyone have Phil Economidis number?

Personally though, if Smith is removed as head coach, I'd like to see JT given a crack.

I would not mind anderson at all. And I would like to see Dean Pay his assistant. John Cartwright would be a good coach as well.

desidirata

Juniors
lol nar my parents own a real estate at which i used to work and he rents through us, we spoke a bit about souths and shit

eloquentEEL

First Grade
I don't understand the people that are saying that structure is stifling the team's creativity. are Smith and Anderson any more structured this season than they have been the last few seasons? ask yourself, who have been the most creative, entertaining teams of the last few seasons... for mine it was Parra in 01 (Smith as head coach and Anderson assistant) and Warriors in 02 (Anderson as head coach)

Again, are Smith and Anderson any more structured now than they were then?

This whole "too structured" argument is a complete furfy. It may look like an intuitively correct argument, but where's the evidence to back it up?

William Hung

Juniors
eels2win said:
I don't understand the people that are saying that structure is stifling the team's creativity. are Smith and Anderson any more structured this season than they have been the last few seasons? ask yourself, who have been the most creative, entertaining teams of the last few seasons... for mine it was Parra in 01 (Smith as head coach and Anderson assistant) and Warriors in 02 (Anderson as head coach)

Again, are Smith and Anderson any more structured now than they were then?

This whole "too structured" argument is a complete furfy. It may look like an intuitively correct argument, but where's the evidence to back it up?

A couple of people read Dykes saying something about it in Big League- thats good enough for some :roll:

The Colonel

Immortal
Freak said:
Anyone who suggests that his coaching style would be too similar to Smith's because he did his apprenticeship under Smith are fools.

I just feel they are to much like the school teachers they were trained to be.

GAME FIRST

Juniors
Willy Hungy- If Dykes's testament doesnt tell you something then you are thicker than i thought-

You musnt have a high IQ. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: