What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Anderson

Raider_69

Post Whore
Tahu is a germ... whinging bitch

and no Timana, if you were playing poorly you wouldnt get sacked, because if that were the case Anderson would have torn your contract up 4 games into your "comeback"
you've been a liability since you got back from Yawion.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Tahu sounds like he knows he's broken down and getting old.

Who think the Eels are signing Kearney over Stuart due to wanting to sign Orford so bad?
No. An unproven at club level Kearney is a thousand times better than Ricky Stuart. Sadly I think Stuart will end up coaching the blues to their 6th & 7th straight series loss. Or maybe Anderson could coach the blues?

boxhead

First Grade
Tahu sounds like he knows he's broken down and getting old.

Who think the Eels are signing Kearney over Stuart due to wanting to sign Orford so bad?

Completely wrong.
If the Eels sign Stephen Kearney, Matt Orford will likely not come. Kearney reportedly doesn't want Matt Orford at all.
However, that is a rumour and the same rumour claimed that Kearney merely was looking at a different option.......

chefman21

Juniors
What a poor decision that was to get rid of him. One of the best coaches in the game who has a record of success in his short career far exceeding many of the most experienced coaches around. By all accounts one of the most astute minds in the game. I think the board is clueless, the CEO of Pirtek has way too much power and there are too many players playing politics. Telling Hayne he was playing like crap nearly dragged them into the finals. Then he had the gall to say he would quit over it. Tahu is another. I used to rate him highly. Thought he was a quiet professional who got on with his job. Turns out he is a greedy whinging has-been.

Loudstrat

Coach
Just love that it's suddenly tahu's fault - like you lot really knows what's going on behind the scenes :lol:

12th. Enough said.

sarahk

Juniors
Tahu is a germ... whinging bitch

and no Timana, if you were playing poorly you wouldnt get sacked, because if that were the case Anderson would have torn your contract up 4 games into your "comeback"
you've been a liability since you got back from Yawion.

It's abit unfair to lay the blame on Timana when the whole team has been performing badly. Yeah he might not have gone back to the superb form that he had before going to union, but it was always going to take him some time to get back into the NRL. I think 2011 will be a much better year for him. And what is with everyone calling him a whinger? The first incident involving the johns comment doesn't warrant him being called a whinger as he was sticking up for his beliefs . As for the most recent interview, well the interviewer asked him a question and he merely answered it. Get over it.

LazyDreamer

Bench
Fair decision. He paid overs for a SoO prop who then generally struggled to hold a bench spot for the year. Form is mainly due to the player himself, but the coach has to wear some of the blame.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I find it amazing how Canberra fans can discredit a bloke like Tahu and yet they have players in their squad who have been for drink driving...

mongoose

Coach
It's abit unfair to lay the blame on Timana when the whole team has been performing badly. Yeah he might not have gone back to the superb form that he had before going to union, but it was always going to take him some time to get back into the NRL. I think 2011 will be a much better year for him. And what is with everyone calling him a whinger? The first incident involving the johns comment doesn't warrant him being called a whinger as he was sticking up for his beliefs . As for the most recent interview, well the interviewer asked him a question and he merely answered it. Get over it.

The issue is Tahu should man up and shoulder some of the blame for the Eels poor season rather than sinking the boot into the ex-coach at the first opportunity. He should have just kept his mouth shut.

I was a bit iffy with the way he reacted over the Johns origin camp comments. I cant begin to understand what its like to be racially vilified but at the same time he just came across as a massive attention seeker. His comments regarding anderson confirms my suspicion that he's just a whinging little bitch.

Iafeta

Referee
The issue is Tahu should man up and shoulder some of the blame for the Eels poor season rather than sinking the boot into the ex-coach at the first opportunity. He should have just kept his mouth shut.

It seemed slanted with a large grain of hypocrisy because, well, Tahu himself had at best an ordinary season. It would make more sense if it came from a Nathan Hindmarsh type character who rarely misses a beat and performs credibly basically all the time. Tahu's defence at times this season was deplorable.

I thought Brendan Cannon's comments a year or two ago about Tahu were a little bit over the top. I was happy to give him all benefit of the doubt against a rah-raher. But these types of public pandering don't do his character justice. It's a shame, because on his day Tahu is one of the best footballers to watch. And personally, I back him on any feeling of offence that came from that Origin camp.

boxhead

First Grade
What I think you guys fail to realize is that before the racial slur in State of Origin, Tahu was in great form......he started the year 'alright', then he had a purple patch of form.....then the racial slur happened and he has been at a loss of both confidence and fitness ever since.

dragon_around

Juniors
Can say the same thing about Poore. Lost confidence and fitness since joining the Eels.

The coach is supposed to look after both of these aspects in every player under him.

RWB

Bench
Can say the same thing about Poore. Lost confidence and fitness since joining the Eels.

The coach is supposed to look after both of these aspects in every player under him.

Was inept recruitment though, any prop that played origin last year and goes from a starter to a bench player is going to have a loss of confidence, or at the least be unsettled. Only now have they realised just how unbalanced their side actually is and are desperate to recruit a playmaker, there's a few people at the club who need to look in the mirror because they've certainly taken the easy way out here by making Anderson the scapegoat.

Loudstrat

Coach
It seemed slanted with a large grain of hypocrisy because, well, Tahu himself had at best an ordinary season. It would make more sense if it came from a Nathan Hindmarsh type character who rarely misses a beat and performs credibly basically all the time. Tahu's defence at times this season was deplorable.

I thought Brendan Cannon's comments a year or two ago about Tahu were a little bit over the top. I was happy to give him all benefit of the doubt against a rah-raher. But these types of public pandering don't do his character justice. It's a shame, because on his day Tahu is one of the best footballers to watch. And personally, I back him on any feeling of offence that came from that Origin camp.
I think, actually, it's Hindy that is out of line - and I hate to say that. But Hindy has spoken out against the board, claiming the players were behind him (and Ando). Clearly they are not - and the board has been proven right. He has put his leadership in a dangerous position by making his line in the sand public. Obviously there will be differences of opinion under such circumstances, but he needs to be the face of unity among the player group. Clearly he isn't, nor is he backing the board's judgement.

Tahu is merely adding strength to the board's decision. Imagine of the players were not all behind the coach, so the board makes the tough decision only to see the players not support the board. IMHO Tahu has done the right thing by his club and his board.

Was inept recruitment though, any prop that played origin last year and goes from a starter to a bench player is going to have a loss of confidence, or at the least be unsettled. Only now have they realised just how unbalanced their side actually is and are desperate to recruit a playmaker, there's a few people at the club who need to look in the mirror because they've certainly taken the easy way out here by making Anderson the scapegoat.
Poore was the starting prop with a disgruntled Fiu on the bench (another big name disgruntled at Ando perhaps?) Poore's form was never good. Yes there is an adjustment phase. Yes, he was never going to look world class next to Fiu's biggest hitups. Fui ended up pushing Poore to the bench.

As for Hayne - I din't see much evidence of any game plans or positional training to fine tune his game that Boyd got off Bennet, Carney got off Smith etc.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think, actually, it's Hindy that is out of line - and I hate to say that. But Hindy has spoken out against the board, claiming the players were behind him (and Ando).

I think Hindy would know where he and his players stand Misty. All due respect he is closer to the action than you are.

Clearly they are not - and the board has been proven right.

Based on what, the small amount of leaked rumours and speculation like the crap we get fed from Hadley.

Its gonna be some time before we get all the facts on this so I think any opinions we have atm can only be based on the small amount of info that has been leaked.

He has put his leadership in a dangerous position by making his line in the sand public. Obviously there will be differences of opinion under such circumstances, but he needs to be the face of unity among the player group. Clearly he isn't, nor is he backing the board's judgement.

Pretty big assumptions there mate. I trust Hindy but you seem to be assuming the worst in him based on what ?

controlled leaks ?

I think you are taking alot for granted, and while I'm not happy with whats happened in the last month I'm gonna wait till all is revealed till I start sinking the boot into the likes of Hindy.

Loudstrat

Coach
No, based on the article already posted in this thread by

Yes, Hindy WOULD know more than I. But this is internet, and all we have to discuss is speculation. And from the info I get, Hindy has been contradicted by Tahu, and as such has put himself out on a limb.

Don't I hope you aint pulling the "Hindy the legend is unquestionable", because the likes of Ray Price certainly haven't been afforded that courtesy lately.

boxhead

First Grade
LOL and you think your players are squeaky clean off the field?? If only you knew...

Oh shush :lol: none of our players have been caught for any off-field idiocy this year mate, get a grip.
At least we don't p*ss on other people when we lose :sarcasm:
Jokes mate, jokes.
:p

Loudstrat

Coach
Bobby - I only have applause for Canberra for the way they handle trouble makers - givinG Toddy plenty of chances and then punting him made him wake up. You gave Tilse a second chance and he's doing fine. Canberra are like us, so why sink the boot in?

Oh yeah, because you are a gimp ;-)

Pete Cash

Post Whore
An eel supporter made the crack first.

Also boxhead Toddles pissed on the bloke after we had won a game (rather amusingly against the Roosters). Gee you are making him sound like a mental case.

Latest posts