What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Anderson

sooperdooper

First Grade
He has a better kicking game then any of our current five eights, but I also think that Kris Keating had a decent kicking game.

but signing wade graham probably wouldnt put us in a better position.
It would leave us with an under develp tantrum throwing 5/8 yet to prove himself.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
As opposed to what we have right now. We have Murray, is he supposed to be the replacement for KK? The Orford signing better come off.

sooperdooper

First Grade
As opposed to what we have right now. We have Murray, is he supposed to be the replacement for KK? The Orford signing better come off.

Signing wade Graham would have been a waste of money.
Sure he would have been a great buy if we had a class halfback but we don't

Ridders

Coach
It's interesting to see the difference in how the Eels and Bulldogs management have handled a pretty similar situation.

Moore and Anderson both took their teams deep into the Finals in 2009 (Eels going further)

Moore and Anderson both had their teams underperform in 2010 with both missing the Finals (Eels finished higher than the Dogs)

Eels punt Anderson while the Dogs back Moore and bolster the squad for him next season with some nice additions.

Glad I'm not a Parra fan.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
It's interesting to see the difference in how the Eels and Bulldogs management have handled a pretty similar situation.

Moore and Anderson both took their teams deep into the Finals in 2009 (Eels going further)

Moore and Anderson both had their teams underperform in 2010 with both missing the Finals (Eels finished higher than the Dogs)

Eels punt Anderson while the Dogs back Moore and bolster the squad for him next season with some nice additions.

Glad I'm not a Parra fan.

And if the pattern continues, Parra will still finish ahead of the Bulldogs.

In other news, Wankstain Tahu is happy Anderson got the boot:

Tahu not shedding tears for Anderson
TIMANA Tahu has lifted the lid on player disenchantment at Parramatta under Daniel Anderson and admitted he was happy the club had shown the coach the door.
Three days after Anderson was punted, Tahu said he was already looking forward to working under Stephen Kearney, the Kiwi coach tipped to ink a deal within days.

Tahu is the first Eels player to speak out about his dissatisfaction with Anderson and he is unlikely to be the last.
He remains off contract at Parramatta - even though he has a verbal agreement with the club until the end of 2012 - and The Daily Telegraph can reveal it was Anderson who did not want to keep the dual international at the club.
"No, I'm not disappointed [he's gone]," Tahu said yesterday, as he joined members of the Four Nations squad at Redfern Oval. "It's a tough business and if I was playing poorly, I'd probably see my way out of there.
"It's the sport we're in, there's no loyalty in this sport - I've been told that by the best coaches in the game.
"I can't speak for the other boys. I think a few of them will be sad because some blokes made their first-grade debuts with him. But it's football.
"I think the board looked into it and they've made the right decision. I support them 100 per cent."
Tahu injured his ankle in the City-Country game earlier this year and claims he was forced to continue training by Anderson. "Since Country it's just been torture with this ankle and it still hasn't recovered," Tahu said.
"I could have done things better during the season to get back to 100 per cent, but we were struggling during the year and 'Ando' wanted players on the field training, so it just got worse."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ars-for-anderson/story-e6frexnr-1225932005199

Shut your f*ckin mouth Tahu you overrated fairy.

sharko

Juniors
f**king wanker that Tahu, he was a glorifed bludger most of the year and obviously been been knifing the coach.
The coach got them in position to compete for the semis but the likes of Tahu, Mortimer and Hayne decided to go doggo and he has paid the penalty.
Kearney will be a good coach but he will have to watch his back with Tahu.

Tom Ace

Bench
Tahu just wanted a chance to take his usual 15 week hiatus during the season due to injury and was pissed when Anderson told him to man up.

Tahu is a germ.

hattori hanzo

Juniors
The article says Tahu picked up the injury in the City V Country match did he not go into Origin camp not long after that? Ando must have forced him to go into Origin camp aswell. :roll:

Kid

Juniors
Tahu has become a sook of the highest order. As has been correctly pointed out, it didn't concern him in Origin.

Poor Tahu didn't like the coach, boohoo have a cry you big girl! Start concentrating on doing what you get paid for. Based on this seasons form, the Eels have made a huge mistake letting Wright go and keeping this sook.

As for Ando, well i'm not a Parra fan but i think they have a made a wrong decision there. The stats on Kearney could be a little misleading. We know he was assistant with Melb who have cheated to achieve and and with NZ he had Bennett. Still i guess the only way to find out is to give him a go.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I can never remember Tahu mouthing off when he was at Newcastle. Blokes are meant to mature as they get older (except me) this fool just seems to get more whiney and petty.

Western_Eel

Juniors
If Anderson was so good then why were we in the bottom 8 for most of the last 2 years with such a good roster??

Kid

Juniors
If Anderson was so good then why were we in the bottom 8 for most of the last 2 years with such a good roster??
Good question. But if he was so bad, how come the 2 NRL clubs he has coached have both made G/Fs under him? aswell as the ESL titles he won?

Iafeta

Referee
Is this the same Timana Tahu whom if you spread the ball his way, would generally come out of the line and expose his winger to a large overlap? I thought Tahu had one of his worst if not worst seasons in first grade.

Eels Dude

Coach
Good question. But if he was so bad, how come the 2 NRL clubs he has coached have both made G/Fs under him? aswell as the ESL titles he won?

True. 5 Grand Finals in 8 full seasons of coaching is very impressive no matter what way you look at it. Tahu really needs to stop whingeing and sooking, he sooks even more in this article.

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/nrl/news/article/-/8038166/anderson-play-injury-tahu

Dual international Timana Tahu claims sacked Parramatta coach Daniel Anderson forced him to play through a debilitating ankle injury in a bid to save the Eels' NRL season.
In a bitter aftermath to Anderson's sacking from the club following a extraordinary board meeting on Monday night, Tahu said Anderson ignored the wishes of Eels medical staff in forcing the NSW Origin star to battle through the complaint which first surfaced in May.
The Eels struggled to live up to expectations throughout a poor 2010 campaign - pre-season premiership favouritism finishing in a disappointing 12th-placed finish.
"I've had it since Country (the City-Country) clash and I've just been restricted, since Country it's just been torture with this ankle and it still hasn't recovered," Tahu said.
"I could have done things better during the season to get back to 100 per cent but we were struggling during the year and Ando wanted players on the field training so it just got worse as we kept on going."
Asked if the injury - which threatens his availability for Australia's Four-Nations campaign - could have been better managed, Tahu said:
"Yeah it could have been but when the coach overrules the physios and the medical staff, it's an uphill battle.
"We just had to listen to what the coach wanted, we were under pressure during the year."
Not surprisingly Tahu backed the board's decision to release Anderson from the final year of his contract, with Melbourne assistant Stephen Kearney the hot tip to get the job ahead of former Cronulla coach Ricky Stuart.
"I support the club and the board 100 per cent," Tahu said.
"Every club wants to be successful and Parramatta needs to think about the future of where Parramatta wants to go and whatever decision they make I support them.
"It's a tough business being in the NRL as a player, I've been in that situation where you're not wanted ... it should go for coaches as well, if you don't perform then you know you're under pressure the same as the players."
Adding to the drama of Tahu's injury predicament is the fact he is off contract at the end of the year after it was revealed his agreement to return to the club following two years in rugby union was only for one season - with a verbal agreement for two more years.
While he has received assurances from chief executive Paul Osborne that his future is secure, Tahu admitted to having some sleepless nights worrying about his plight.
"It is a bit stressful, I've got three kids, I need to put food on the table for my family and I don't know what my future is," Tahu said.
"I was supposed to re-sign in round ten and I'm still to sign a contract.
"Ozzie's saying everything's fine ... (he's) told me Steve Kearney if he does get the job wants me there which is a positive thing, I'd like to be coached underneath him.
"Every club has spent all their money, I'm hoping that when I walk in soon that there's a contract sitting on the table waiting to get signed because if not I don't know where I'm going to go, I haven't talked to no-one.
"Clubs don't want injured players and especially at my age, coming to the back end of my career, they don't want old, injured players."
Despite being limited to the weights room on Wednesday, Tahu said he was still hopeful of making the final cut-off when the Australian squad was announced on Tuesday.

Tahu sounds like he knows he's broken down and getting old.

Who think the Eels are signing Kearney over Stuart due to wanting to sign Orford so bad?

Latest posts