What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Anderson

Loudstrat

Coach
So pissing on someone after a win is OK then?

No wonder Raiders fans can't get a root. Geez..........

LOL good times indeed. We've gone past the length of your premiership drought in 2001 when you were in the GF with that record breakng side, and you've gone past the length of the Sharks drought in about 91....It's been a long time between drinks for both of us.

....Obviously not everything reaches the media...;-)

boxhead

First Grade
LOL good times indeed. We've gone past the length of your premiership drought in 2001 when you were in the GF with that record breakng side, and you've gone past the length of the Sharks drought in about 91....It's been a long time between drinks for both of us.

....Obviously not everything reaches the media...;-)

:)
I wouldn't worry too much mate, Raiders will be right up there for quite a few years, and I'm betting they will definitely win at least one premiership in this decade.

As for the Eels? Who knows, we are a basket case :cool:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So pissing on someone after a win is OK then?

It all comes down to whether it's worse to be an ungracious winner or a sore loser, and ultimately it's a cultural thing.

In some cultures it's acceptable (even expected) to be a sore loser, yet winners are expected to behave graciously.

In Australia it happens to be the opposite - when you lose you STFU and keep your dick in your pants but if you win? Piss on anyone who gets close champ, you've earned it.

mrpwnd

Bench
:)
I wouldn't worry too much mate, Raiders will be right up there for quite a few years, and I'm betting they will definitely win at least one premiership in this decade.

As for the Eels? Who knows, we are a basket case :cool:
You some rich boy? Gates' distant relative? Those are some pretty sh*t odds there.
Raiders will wait another 20 years to tell their juniors to learn how to drive properly if they want to be in proper contention for another premiership.
I was surprised Jarrod Choker didn't go and smash his car into the parliament house after his choked kick...You'd expect at least that much from a Raiders player.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
ahahaah i love parra supporters trying to put the boot in to the raiders because raider supporters are happy with their fullback and wouldn't swap him for anyone else. its almost like some kind of crazy jarryd hayne cult they have going on.

There will be groups of glass eyed men wearing blue and gold scarves wandering the streets of various cities of Australia.( Most notably Melbourne, Canberra and the Northern Beaches ) knocking on doors and asking those who answer if they have heard the good word of Jarryd Hayne.

And then they will pull out their religious documents which will be PE posts from the various threads this week.

But lord Jarryd has run 1000 m more than his nearest NRL rival. He truly is the one fullback we have been waiting for. May we enter and pray to Hayne with you sir, will you admit that Hayne is the one true fullback.

Last edited:

sarahk

Juniors
But lord Jarryd has run 1000 m more than his nearest NRL rival. He truly is the one fullback we have been waiting for. May we enter and pray to Hayne with you sir, will you admit that Hayne is the one true fullback.

You have finally seen the light. :)

Completely wrong.
If the Eels sign Stephen Kearney, Matt Orford will likely not come. Kearney reportedly doesn't want Matt Orford at all.
However, that is a rumour and the same rumour claimed that Kearney merely was looking at a different option.......

Your thoughts on this article Boxy?:

New Eels boss Stephen Kearney wants to sign former Manly halfback Matt Orford
Kearney has unveiled his immediate recruitment plans for Parramatta after gaining assurances from the Eels board that he has total control of football operations.
Kearney made it clear he was keen on signing veteran halfback Matt Orford and said he also wanted to re-sign controversial centre Timana Tahu.
Having accepted a three-year deal with the Eels, Kearney also revealed he had already spoken to senior players Jarryd Hayne, Nathan Hindmarsh and Fuifui Moimoi about next season.
Kearney said he would be prepared to combine Jeff Robson and young Daniel Mortimer at the scrumbase again next season, but felt the experience of Orford would be invaluable at the club.
Orford remains under contract to English club Bradford but is homesick and wants a return to the NRL.
The Eels though may have to pay the Bulls a $200,000 release to sign Orford, the 2008 Dally M Medallist.
"I know Matt really well from his time at Melbourne," Kearney said.
"He is keen to come back to the NRL. It is something we've got to work through."
Kearney and Orford had a scheduled meeting yesterday but the plans fell through. "He is in Bali," Kearney said.
Tahu is off contract but is likely to remain at the club.
Before accepting the job, Kearney told Parramatta directors he would not tolerate boardroom interference and that they had to accept he was the man in charge of football operations.
"One of the key points in making this decision was that before we came to any agreement I needed to have that assurance," Kearney said.
"So I met with the board and expressed that I needed to be in control of the football side of things, and I felt very comfortable once I left that board meeting, that I will have that.
"As a footy coach I don't think you can operate any other way. They have given me the role of looking after the football team.
"That's part of my responsibility - they need to let me be able to do that."
Parramatta CEO Paul Osborne refuted suggestions that Kearney's job could be in jeopardy if Parramatta finished 12th next season - as they did under Daniel Anderson this year. "He has a three-year contract," Osborne said.
Reminded Anderson had an identical deal, Osborne added: "I am confident Steve will be here long-term."
Asked if he was confident of surviving his full term, Kearney said: "I plan to. That's the way I like to look at it. It's not written into my contract but I am looking to fulfil my obligation.
"I am just focused on doing a great job and I am confident in my abilities."
Kearney arrives at Parramatta with a reputation of being fair, tough and intelligent. "I have had initial discussions with Nathan Hindmarsh, Jarryd Hayne and Fuifui Moimoi," Kearney said.
"I spoke to Jarryd last night and Nathan last week. For me it was very positive. They are looking forward to a new start, if you want to call it that."
Kearney wouldn't speculate on where the Eels could finish in 2011, saying: "I haven't thought that far ahead."
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/why-we-want-the-ox/story-e6frexnr-1225935191605

boxhead

First Grade
Your thoughts on this article Boxy?:

New Eels boss Stephen Kearney wants to sign former Manly halfback Matt Orford
Kearney has unveiled his immediate recruitment plans for Parramatta after gaining assurances from the Eels board that he has total control of football operations.
Kearney made it clear he was keen on signing veteran halfback Matt Orford and said he also wanted to re-sign controversial centre Timana Tahu.
Having accepted a three-year deal with the Eels, Kearney also revealed he had already spoken to senior players Jarryd Hayne, Nathan Hindmarsh and Fuifui Moimoi about next season.
Kearney said he would be prepared to combine Jeff Robson and young Daniel Mortimer at the scrumbase again next season, but felt the experience of Orford would be invaluable at the club.
Orford remains under contract to English club Bradford but is homesick and wants a return to the NRL.
The Eels though may have to pay the Bulls a $200,000 release to sign Orford, the 2008 Dally M Medallist.
"I know Matt really well from his time at Melbourne," Kearney said.
"He is keen to come back to the NRL. It is something we've got to work through."
Kearney and Orford had a scheduled meeting yesterday but the plans fell through. "He is in Bali," Kearney said.
Tahu is off contract but is likely to remain at the club.
Before accepting the job, Kearney told Parramatta directors he would not tolerate boardroom interference and that they had to accept he was the man in charge of football operations.
"One of the key points in making this decision was that before we came to any agreement I needed to have that assurance," Kearney said.
"So I met with the board and expressed that I needed to be in control of the football side of things, and I felt very comfortable once I left that board meeting, that I will have that.
"As a footy coach I don't think you can operate any other way. They have given me the role of looking after the football team.
"That's part of my responsibility - they need to let me be able to do that."
Parramatta CEO Paul Osborne refuted suggestions that Kearney's job could be in jeopardy if Parramatta finished 12th next season - as they did under Daniel Anderson this year. "He has a three-year contract," Osborne said.
Reminded Anderson had an identical deal, Osborne added: "I am confident Steve will be here long-term."
Asked if he was confident of surviving his full term, Kearney said: "I plan to. That's the way I like to look at it. It's not written into my contract but I am looking to fulfil my obligation.
"I am just focused on doing a great job and I am confident in my abilities."
Kearney arrives at Parramatta with a reputation of being fair, tough and intelligent. "I have had initial discussions with Nathan Hindmarsh, Jarryd Hayne and Fuifui Moimoi," Kearney said.
"I spoke to Jarryd last night and Nathan last week. For me it was very positive. They are looking forward to a new start, if you want to call it that."
Kearney wouldn't speculate on where the Eels could finish in 2011, saying: "I haven't thought that far ahead."
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/why-we-want-the-ox/story-e6frexnr-1225935191605

Yes I probably went off a limb when I said that, I had heard off a less than reputable source that Kearney was interested in another halves option instead of Orford, but I guess that report was completely false.

Honestly, I don't care who the halves combination is next year, as I know Mortimer has a lot of improvement in him and Robson never lets us down, plus we have Tom Humble, Brad Murray and so on waiting in the wings for their chance. If we end up with Orford, or if we don't, I will be happy either way.

Kilkenny

Coach
Daniel Anderson very hard done by.

Stephen Kearney on a hiding to nothing. Good luck to him, he will need it.

Latest posts