What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Fitzhenry

simon says

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
What is this? A fitzy revolt? Werent you guys singing his praises not long ago?

Hardly Saab.....aside from about ten online webtards everyone is aghast when they see his name picked and their hearts are in their mouth every time he gets the ball or has to make a tackle.

If he gets picked for the Leichhardt Oval game....then I feel for the guy cos the crowd will be giving it to him.....LO can be unforgiving for home players if they are deemed unworthy......and believe me he is.

Mr Saab said:
What is this? A fitzy revolt? Werent you guys singing his praises not long ago?

Blasphemy!

Ok he was passable on the wing but never have we extolled his virtues as a 5/8. Some of the comments on the Wests website are to the effect that:
-He is the worst 5/8 in the comp by far
-He is the worst 5/8 in our history
-It is shameful that he wears the same jersey as Olsen Filipaina once did (obviously an ex-Balmain man!!)
-He stagnates our backline and was the difference between the teams

I completely agree with the last one. If we had Brett Kearney in the side I'm sure we would've won. Why the Tigers don't look for an adequate replacement for Benji is beyond me.

simon says

First Grade
Id play Galea at 6......he has a good step and can pass to his right hand side.Thats all we needed last night.A couple of good passes and we score points.

I reckon If Liam had not of been injured he would be playing there....same for Hodgo....so really our first three 6 options are out.

Mr Saab

Referee
Every coach has their issues with players/fans...even "super' coaches. Notable ones are :

Sheens picking Fitz anywhere
Bennett and his love of Minto
Stuart and his love of Finch
Raper (not a super coach) picking bailey in the centres

Whats Doing

Bench
Back to the tackling bags for Fitzy!!1

However, I cannot understand why Sheens would only play 16 players. If he had no confidence in the replacement hooker, why have him on the bench in the first place.

This was a real coaching blunder and was just as vital as the decision of having Fitzy at 5/8.

Sheens needs to go to the dunces corner for a week.

...Fitzhenry had a shocker for the Tiger, bombing at least two tries for the Tigers, and let in two for the Eels with meek defence.

Try as they might Prince and Farah could not make up for the ineptitude of Fitzhenry and his stilted ball playing abilities, and lack of creative flair, and it was a big factor in this loss.

Source: Sportsaustralia.com

http://sportsaustralia.com/articles/apr06/artid5483.html

Obviously written by a Tigers fan!!! I like an artice that speaks frankly about the event.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I was thinking about the rumour that was going around of Finch to the Tigers next season.. Imagine if that came true and Benji suffered an injury.. Tigers could potentially have the halves pairing of Finch and Fitzhenry. :lol: :lol: :lol:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Cockadoodledoo said:
I was thinking about the rumour that was going around of Finch to the Tigers next season.. Imagine if that came true and Benji suffered an injury.. Tigers could potentially have the halves pairing of Finch and Fitzhenry. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Finch will not be at the Tigers next season. Mark my words.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
bjm8 said:
yeehaa! a fitzy thread that i wasnt invited too!

for those who dont know me, i am throwing around 'claims' that i am the fitzelhoffs biggest fan. you people sicken me. i seriously think the fitz is an awesome player. he absolutely LIT IT UP on the wing in the second half of last year, and was (along with players like halatau) a standout in the finals.

When it comes to the man playing five eighth, i think sheens has come up with a corker of a setup. Benji is by far a better 5/8th, however now that fitzy is there sheens also has galea and hodgo dropping as backup ball runners to take the pressure off fitzy and share the attacking workload around.

As for last week, fitzy threw a pearler of a cut out pass to put crockett over, and got defensive player of the match according to sheens. he did a few "pretzel" runs, but hopefully over the next few weeks as he plays a bit more in the number 6 he will eliminate that crap out of his game.

LONG LIVE KING FITZ!

FWO 4 LIFE

Oh boy, you are an idiot. :lol:

fitzy is an ok winger hes scored 5 tries there this year and could probley have 9 by now if sheens would stop playing him at 5/8

i just dont understand it cause its not like our premier league team isnt doing well we are 4-1 surley we have some young junior ready for the step up

Munky

Coach
joel caine number 1 fan said:
i just dont understand it cause its not like our premier league team isnt doing well we are 4-1 surley we have some young junior ready for the step up

This isn't always the case.

For Penrith Daniel Russell looked a champion in premier league.

He played in the halves in first grade for a couple of games and was terrible. He then went back to premier league and continued to play terrible.

We then offloaded him to Parramatta.

Utey

Coach
Munky said:
This isn't always the case.

For Penrith Daniel Russell looked a champion in premier league.

He played in the halves in first grade for a couple of games and was terrible. He then went back to premier league and continued to play terrible.

We then offloaded him to Parramatta.

God he was a bad player. I think he is in the Jim Beam cup side now. But a horrible signing.

innsaneink

Referee
Cockadoodledoo said:

Hopefully neither will be at Wests next year.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
'Bloody Fitzhenry!' I swear I say that out loud at least 20 times a game, well pretty much every time he touches the ball, destroying any chance we have of scoring, or when he's dropping bombs or letting in match-winning tries.... We officially can't go any worse in the 5/8th role so blooding a new player is the way to go. Fitz can either go back to the wing or PL.

nqcowboy87

Bench
i think jimmy smith said it best when he said fitz is a ballrunner not a ballplayer. i just want to add my two cents two that comment when i say that he is an average ballrunner at that