What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danny Buderus's shorts are wet

Jobdog

Live Update Team
hybrid_tiger said:
So, are you going to answer the questions I asked. Just so you can't miss them, here they are again:

In this entire Origin series, how many times did Buderus:

- Make a clean break from dummy half
- Kick from dummy half without the ball going out on the full
- Consistently make easy metres up the middle
- Be directly involved in a try
- Score a try
I'm guessing the grand total of those wouldn't be too many otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up ;-)

smeghead

Bench
At Origin level Buderus has shown himself only as a solid defender, a good captain and a solid dummy half runner.

The question begs to be asked. Is this enough in the modern game of Origin?

My answer is no. People will agree or disagree but it is the reason why Buderus will never wear an Australian jersey again barring injury

smeghead

Bench
Jobdog said:
Personally I'd rate him as much more than a "solid" defender

Difference in terminology. I rate defenders as solid, borderline or sh*t

But the question remains is what he offers at Origin level enough these days?

I am not rubbishing the guy but honestly he has never stepped up and played the quasi playmaker role he does at Newcastle. In previous years it has not mattered too much but over the last two series when NSW has had no real 7 or 6 to speak of he has not stepped up to assume that role.

If he had done that I would only be talking about Farah as a bench spot in this years series and maybe next years but he missed the boat.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
hybrid_tiger said:
Close to zero, actually.

But he was "outstanding" right?
Different people have different takes on things, but at least he was better than Farah ;-)

hybrid_tiger

Coach
All he does is tackle. Not good enough when your halves are Anasta, Kimmorley and Bird.

All he has to do is turn up, and the wankfest duly begins. Outstanding my arse.

Apey

Staff member
Jeez lol, it's pretty funny watching the tiger's fans have a cry over this :lol:

However I agree with you on some points, Farah would be a great asset to the NSW team and will definitely offer more in attack than Buderus, but I would still rather Buderus' defensive game.

Also with the dummy half runs, they really aren't very effective when the play the balls are that damn slow :| Not blaming others for Buderus not being able to break through, but it really doesn't help.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I wasn't discussing Farah in this thread until someone else brought it up, but anyway, since it was brought up, I don't understand why Gidley was selected on the bench to play hooker. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

voltron

Juniors
well murray doesnt know how to use either of them.
they should have brough gidley on like QLD brought berrigan on in game I
replace a 2nd rower or something

so keep buderus on the park, but give gidley good game time.

and the reason why farah was brought up is cuz ur a tigers fan
and have complained about buderus being there instead of farah
so while trying to make innocent statements about buderus being crap
everyone knows u have a 2nd agenda going there

smeghead

Bench
Apey said:
Jeez lol, it's pretty funny watching the tiger's fans have a cry over this :lol:

However I agree with you on some points, Farah would be a great asset to the NSW team and will definitely offer more in attack than Buderus, but I would still rather Buderus' defensive game.

Also with the dummy half runs, they really aren't very effective when the play the balls are that damn slow :| Not blaming others for Buderus not being able to break through, but it really doesn't help.

Having a cry?? I think not at least from my perspective.

Pure and simple I doubt as many people would be calling for Farah over Buderus so loudly if NSW actually had an effective halves pairing. But we do not and with our selectors I doubt we will have one next year either.

But to talk purely about Farah he deserved a bench spot full stop. He will replace Buderus in the near future and to be eased into the arena and serve what I guess you could call an apprentiship under Buderus would have been the right thing to do and his flair would have helped NSW greatly.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
voltron said:
and the reason why farah was brought up is cuz ur a tigers fan
and have complained about buderus being there instead of farah
so while trying to make innocent statements about buderus being crap
everyone knows u have a 2nd agenda going there

I've never said Buderus is crap. Just that he doesn't offer what we need right now and that is creativity, a kicking game and spark out of dummy half.

That, and the fact that all he has to do is turn up and he's guaranteed rave reviews in the media the next day.

Apey

Staff member
I was more referring to hybrid_tigers smeg.

I'm all for people having their opinions and can definitely understand wanting Farah in the side... but the way he's going on about it :crazy:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Apey said:
I was more referring to hybrid_tigers smeg.

I'm all for people having their opinions and can definitely understand wanting Farah in the side... but the way he's going on about it :crazy:

Mate, I didn't even mention him until others brought it up.

Burwood

Bench
It's a pity Smith isn't a NSWelshman and Buderus isn't a QLDer- both seem to suit the other side's style of play better.

Macca616

Juniors
Hybrid - you will be taken more seriously if you relax a bit.

Noone will deny that Farah is a good player.

Re buderus - i admit i am a fan. It is a shame that the footy show is aligned closely with the Knights and some of their comments might seem biased. But its a bit rough to hold that against Danny himself.

Farah will get his chance but he needs to do some serious time in the gym to improve his defence. He is a great attacking player and seems to be very smart.

At a national level my personal opinion is that Cameron Smith is streets ahead of either danny or robert f.

Latest posts