What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danny Wicks Arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Tim

First Grade
Terrible joke coming, so be warned.

Dear Brian,

I need to be excused from training today...... you know, Eccy Tuesday and all.

Regards, Danny.

Told you it was terrible.

Pumba

First Grade
Terrible joke coming, so be warned.

Dear Brian,

I need to be excused from training today...... you know, Eccy Tuesday and all.

Regards, Danny.

Told you it was terrible.

At least you warned up :)

:lol:

roboshark

Coach
I was shocked yesterday. f**king ANGRY today.

f**k you Wicks, you fat bag of sh*t.

f**k you for fleecing this club.

f**k you for never taking this club seriously.

f**k you for putting your own greed above this club.

f**k you for dragging us through the mud.

f**k you for making us guilty by association with you.

f**k you for not understanding the very basic fact that you represent a proud club that people love.

And f**k you for not caring that you do.

f**k you, you fat bag of sh*t.

You had it all, all you had to do was realise that.

You have farked yourself over.

But you have farked us over more.

That's exactly how I felt with our greg bird situation...dopey friggin footballers hey

Anyone else got the feeling if this proves to be true that he'll start naming players his supplied too, to get a lesser sentence.....

I sincerely hope that Wicksy's innocent but I've got a feeling this could turn out to be the clubs greatest tragerdy.

Eelsnutcase

Juniors
My mail is that he has been watched for 6 months and they even have him on recorded phone calls around mad monday .... I think its gonna get bad .

Yosh

Coach
Soo... Should I have put money on us getting the wooden spoon a week ago? Damn...

Burwood

Bench
Anyone else got the feeling if this proves to be true that he'll start naming players his supplied too, to get a lesser sentence.....

I sincerely hope that Wicksy's innocent but I've got a feeling this could turn out to be the clubs greatest tragerdy.

I can't see there being absolutely any benefit at all for Wicks naming people he has sold drugs to. They are small fish- the prosecutors would only care about people higher up the food chain.

Big Tim

First Grade
Why would we be getting the wooden spoon?

A points penalty to the club???? Only thing I can think of that Yosh might be thinking...... and we know how hard it is to think like Yosh.

My brain hurts.

perverse

Referee
i think if he was supplying to any number of certain players we would have to sack every single one of them... if they were the wrong players we could easily be specials for the spoon next year. i don't see what is so outlandish about yosh implying that at all.

Pika

Bench
i think if he was supplying to any number of certain players we would have to sack every single one of them... if they were the wrong players we could easily be specials for the spoon next year. i don't see what is so outlandish about yosh implying that at all.

Two very important 'ifs' in there mate.

If those things were to happen then I would have to agree. If.

Its a waiting game now I guess.

Yosh

Coach
I meant the tragedy that Wicks has bought to the club might hinder our on field performances so much we get the woodern spoon next season. Furthermore due to the Wick's drama and if others get convicted our wooden spoon price will drop dramatically!

perverse

Referee
Two very important 'ifs' in there mate.

If those things were to happen then I would have to agree. If.

Its a waiting game now I guess.
i think both ifs are valid concerns, and are both likely enough to worry me a bit.

yep, all we can do is wait and see.

Pumba

First Grade
Wicks well as Knights gets back to work
BY BRETT KEEBLE AND ROBERT DILLON

KNIGHTS prop Danny Wicks was "in good spirits" yesterday as he began preparing his defence against four charges of supplying amphetamines, two counts of supplying ecstasy and two of drug possession.

Wicks, who was stood down indefinitely by the Knights and in danger of having his three-year contract terminated, was released on bail on Thursday after being arrested and charged the previous day. He will face court again on February 3.

The 24-year-old Grafton junior and former St George Illawarra forward was offered the chance to speak to The Herald yesterday through his legal representative, solicitor Mark Hanlon, but declined.

"He's holding up all right and he's in good spirits," said Hanlon, who was due to meet Wicks yesterday afternoon.

Wicks has surrendered his passport, agreed not to contact his co-accused or witnesses in the case and must report daily to Charlestown police.

Teammate and former housemate Chris Houston, one of the people Wicks has been forbidden to contact, trained with the team at Nobbys yesterday.

Houston declined to comment when approached by The Herald but coach Rick Stone was confident the rangy 24-year-old forward was in the right frame of mind.

"Just the way he conducted himself around training today, I think it shows he doesn't really have any issues," Stone said yesterday of Houston.

"I think he's pretty confident he doesn't have any issues in the Danny Wicks affair.

"He's back at training with a smile on his face and enjoying himself and confident he's done the right thing."

Houston was seen in deep conversation at the end of training with Knights under-20s coach Garth Brennan, a former police prosecutor.

Anna Cooper, a Sydney-based spokeswoman for the NSW Department of Public Prosecutions, declined to comment when asked why Wicks had been ordered not to contact Houston and there is no suggestion that he has engaged in any wrongdoing.

Knights chief executive Steve Burraston said he was unaware why Houston had been included on the list of people Wicks could not contact.

"I have no personal concern with Chris Houston's involvement but I have to reiterate that at this stage we're not aware of anyone else being involved, nor have the police indicated to us or to anyone else that someone else [from the Knights] is involved," Burraston said. "Until that time, we're not dealing with any matter apart from that in the Wicks matter."

Herald

Whats Doing

Bench
I would find it extraordinary that another player or players did not know what Wicks was up to. Maybe not to the extent but knowing that he had ready access to supply

[furrycat]

Coach
That Houston thing is huge... If Houston dobbed on Wicks thats a big dog.... Probably more dog by police telling the world Houston dobbed Wicksy in...

lol nothing suggests this... Houston is a police witness probably on the grounds that he lived with Wicks at the time police were investigating the syndicate, and can therefore deduce that he may have seen incidents that could further strengthen their case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts