What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dare to dream

NZ Warrior

First Grade
A couple of 'experts' are picking the Tigers. Most are going for the Storm. The young, written off, Eels will be out to prove a point against some pretty ordinary opposition.

This season's not over for the Warriors. You'd be silly to say so and, if you can't have the faith this weekend, don't bother getting on any finals bound bandwagon, please.

I don't plan to. And you can all bow down and thank me, if the Warriors win the Grand Final this year.

I am the Albatross!:crazy:

Aragorn

First Grade
you guys dont know your rugby league.

the eels and tigers will both go down in flames this weekend.

& the warrior will rue another failed season.

read it and weep.

Blair

Coach
you guys dont know your rugby league.

the eels and tigers will both go down in flames this weekend.

& the warrior will rue another failed season.

read it and weep.

OK, if you're so certain the Eels and the Tigers will lose this weekend then how about saying you'll leave this forum if they don't?

After all, it's a safe proposition for you, isn't it?

Aragorn

First Grade
OK, if you're so certain the Eels and the Tigers will lose this weekend then how about saying you'll leave this forum if they don't?

After all, it's a safe proposition for you, isn't it?

why take a nothing bet from a nothing poster?

WithTheDawn

Juniors
While either the Eels or Tigers winning are massive longshots, the Tigers seems the better chance for us. They actually have a pretty decent team, with some great x-factor players in their backline. And they will have nothing to lose. If some crazy things happen, the ball just bounces right, few ref calls go their way, maybe an early injury or two to the Cowboys...who knows. Nothing is ever a certainty in Rugby League.

Of course, anything you can say to talk up the Tigers chances can be used to talk up the Dragons as well, so we have to make sure we take care of business there first. I'll be heading down to the pub for the triple header of NRL games, along with the two Union games...going to be a big day :p.

Aragorn

First Grade
I've decided the Tigers have enough of an outside chance of winning that I'll actually watch their game with some glimmer of hope (assuming the Warriors win). I must be a glutton for punishment for putting myself through this all over again...

ok. lets look at the Tigers track record over the last month. They got thumped 40+ by the Chooks, got thumped by 30+ by the Titans, lost to the wooden spoon Eels, and lost +12 last week to the Rabbits.

In the Rabbits game, they shot to an 18-0 lead in the first 20mins. Thanks largely to Sam Burgers binning. Upon his return, Souths proceeded to score 32 unanswered points for the remainder of the game.

Note this was Benji's 200th game for the Tigers, its was also his last in Sydney, & to top it off, the 4 burger brothers were playing together for the very first time. If there was any incentive to have a big game - that was it.

This weekend they have to travel to Nth Queensland & take on a red hot team playing for a finals spot. A team high on confidence and a team that have now won 5 in a row. While miracles do happen, it would be foolish to waste that miracle on the Tigers winning tomorrow.

Thats my rationale on the Tigers losing.

whats yours? blind hope? ;-)

Last edited:

WithTheDawn

Juniors
I said both games are massive longshots. My only point was that the Tigers one is more worth cheering for than the Eels one - I'm sure you don't need me to go through their record recently, other than last week anyway. I don't have anything other than blind hope, but you never know...still worth making a night of it though I reckon!

Diesel

Referee
I didn't expect there to win TBH, we'll win in the Gong when we are a serious finals contender, until then we will not win the comp

Blair

Coach
$3.40 for the Dragons was unbelievable !

I hope you took those odds, can't blame you for betting against, I presume, your second team in the NRL.

Our loss yesterday saved us from a long night following the other games. After a golden point 'win' against the Titans, 'we' got back to 22-22 at Townsville, only for the Tigers to fade.

Today would have been another pretty long eighty minutes or so if the Eels suddenly became competitive.

Much better just washing the car today, or whatever...after taking the Warriors scarf down from the mantle for another year.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I hope you took those odds, can't blame you for betting against, I presume, your second team in the NRL.

Our loss yesterday saved us from a long night following the other games. After a golden point 'win' against the Titans, 'we' got back to 22-22 at Townsville, only for the Tigers to fade.

Today would have been another pretty long eighty minutes or so if the Eels suddenly became competitive.

Much better just washing the car today, or whatever...after taking the Warriors scarf down from the mantle for another year.

I have a rule where if the Warriors opposition is paying $3+ I back them, has a history of coming in most of the time, got Penrith over 5s a few weeks back