What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dare to dream

Aragorn

First Grade
sharks play like yoyo's. Fantastic one week, terrible the next. Given they were fantastic last week, I predict the shit will hit the fan this week and the cows will walk away with the marbles.

cows +12

warriors season over.

yeah, well done, called it.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Perhaps the Sharks will be demoted to 9th position soon, like what happened in AFL.
You might even say that's more likely than the Tigers beating NQ

Well tigers nearly beat rabbitohs..
So it is possible.

Send Benji off a winner.....hell offer benji mrs a job on NZ's flagship rugby league programme 40/20 lol...

hitman82

Bench
Only way in now:

Win for us and Losses for two of the Titans, Cowboys and Knights.

I will be surprised if the Titans beat the Storm. So we could be relying on the Tigers or Eels to get up.

Eels are a lost cause but Benji's final NRL game may see him fire against Thurston and co.

Diesel

Referee
Bloody Sharks, ASADA and whoever they play in week one of the finals will make short work of them

Blair

Coach
Only way in now:...but Benji's final NRL game may see him fire against Thurston and co.

That's the X-factor we need to keep our faith alive. If Marshall was back at the Tigers again next year I'd be getting all soppy (after a few late afternoon beers) here and thanking everyone for making the season so interesting in this forum.

However, Benji's last ever game for a club I'm sure he'd have thought seriously at times about dying for. We can't count this out as a major factor to our advantage.

That, and us playing the Dragons before this game, along with the Titans playing away to a Storm side who, I'm sure, would rather finish 3rd than 4th.

Will make for a weekend as interesting as the one just gone.

Micistm

Bench
Meh, I'm not bagging off other teams...this is what happens when you leave your destiny in other teams hands. There are so many games we should've won this year and blew it, so if you do that you risk this sort of thing happening. Maybe they'll make it from here, but most likely not now and they simply only have themselves to blame, and hopefully that toughens them up for the future knowing you can't go to sleep anytime.
Been a year of mixed emotions, could and should have done so much better, but there's been some enjoyment there as well. There's potential for some good times coming up, if they can do something about this mental fragility they have.

Blair

Coach
The key failure for me was the Penrith game at home. Was shocked we lost, particularly after being 12-0 ahead.

That really was 'going to sleep'. When they snapped awake it was too late. We'd be cruising now with those two points. Equally galling that those two points meant nothing to Penrith in the final wash up.

Two from eight was an appalling start to the season. If someone said we'd still be alive in the final round, after that start, then I'd have been pleasantly surprised. So, indeed, I am.

jason taylor

Bench
Only way in now:

Win for us and Losses for two of the Titans, Cowboys and Knights.

I will be surprised if the Titans beat the Storm. So we could be relying on the Tigers or Eels to get up.

Eels are a lost cause but Benji's final NRL game may see him fire against Thurston and co.

You never know, Parra could somehow pull a win. Hayne is back from injury.

vvvrulz

Coach
The key failure for me was the Penrith game at home. Was shocked we lost, particularly after being 12-0 ahead.

That really was 'going to sleep'. When they snapped awake it was too late. We'd be cruising now with those two points. Equally galling that those two points meant nothing to Penrith in the final wash up.

Ditto with Cronulla, we proved to ourselves we can foot it with the best and then got sloppy and expected to win the 'should haves' by just turning up. We played like a bunch of guys who knew very well they were under performing, panicked, and then tried too hard after painting ourselves into a corner.

Disappointing to miss out (save for a miracle) but I'm happy we were in the race at least. After that Penrith match it was looking like another 2012 season where only Parramatta would save us from the spoon.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I understand people saying that this is our own fault, we left it in other team's hands etc..

BUT

If we win next week I think we can say we've been seriously unlucky. All things being equal you can at least expect teams to try to win their games each week. Our spot in the finals has basically been lost because the Sharks had absolutely nothing to play for. Under normal circumstances Carney probably plays and the Sharks are warm favourites in that game.

Pisses me off more because this only happened because the Sharks won last week against the Roosters in a game where they got all the calls. This week when we needed them to win it seemed like they got none of them.

Aragorn

First Grade
I understand people saying that this is our own fault, we left it in other team's hands etc..

BUT

If we win next week I think we can say we've been seriously unlucky. All things being equal you can at least expect teams to try to win their games each week. Our spot in the finals has basically been lost because the Sharks had absolutely nothing to play for. Under normal circumstances Carney probably plays and the Sharks are warm favourites in that game.

Pisses me off more because this only happened because the Sharks won last week against the Roosters in a game where they got all the calls. This week when we needed them to win it seemed like they got none of them.

yeah, serious bad luck. The sharks owe us one. They threw the game. should have tried harder. Its a conspiracy. disappointment. pissed off.

go the warriors. :lol:

WithTheDawn

Juniors

BUT

I'd agree that it was bad luck, only needing the favourites to win one of two games and having them both go against us. But its our own fault for letting bad luck be something that could result in us missing out in the first place. I think there are some really good signs from the second half of the year, and we should be able to do a lot next year if we can build on that.

vvvrulz

Coach
If we win next week I think we can say we've been seriously unlucky. All things being equal you can at least expect teams to try to win their games each week. Our spot in the finals has basically been lost because the Sharks had absolutely nothing to play for. Under normal circumstances Carney probably plays and the Sharks are warm favourites in that game

We slacked off, they beat us and hit the top eight safely and earned the luxury of resting players. If we won that game we'd have coasted in instead, so luck really has nothing to do with it.

We got flogged by the Panthers in a pathetic effort and points differential is killing us too, there is nobody to blame but us if we don't make it.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
This Eels v Dragons game tomorrow could be very important for the Warriors, hoping a Hayne-inspired Eels get a massive confidence-boosting win against a woeful Dragons to see the Eels upset Knights next week and us to steamroll the Dragons for first time ever over there!!!

Of course either of the Titans/Cowboys losing would be simpy delightful!!!

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
We slacked off, they beat us and hit the top eight safely and earned the luxury of resting players. If we won that game we'd have coasted in instead, so luck really has nothing to do with it.

Each team has 24 games to accumulate as many points as possible, one of our close rivals got a gimme 2 points today against a team who had nothing to play for.

We did not get an equivalent opportunity against a team who had nothing to play for at any point this season.

It is probable that the very 2 points the Cowboys earned today will see them make the 8 at our expense. It is also quite probable that if, like us, the Cowboys had played 24 games against teams with an incentive to win, we would be in the finals and they wouldn't.

I'm struggling to see how that isn't a bit unlucky.

Meth

Staff member
The Warriors' season now depends on them, the Eels and the Tigers.

Season over, I'd say.

Rich102

Staff member
Meh, I'm not bagging off other teams...this is what happens when you leave your destiny in other teams hands. There are so many games we should've won this year and blew it, so if you do that you risk this sort of thing happening. Maybe they'll make it from here, but most likely not now and they simply only have themselves to blame, and hopefully that toughens them up for the future knowing you can't go to sleep anytime.
Been a year of mixed emotions, could and should have done so much better, but there's been some enjoyment there as well. There's potential for some good times coming up, if they can do something about this mental fragility they have.

Damn right.