What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darius Boyd (not a troll thread)

Haffa

I think the inconsistency in his game is what is driving those week to week opinions. Towards the end of last season he was in incredible form for the last 8-10 games and this season its been 1 in every 4 games. For me its his attitude in the games he is off which is frustrating.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I think the inconsistency in his game is what is driving those week to week opinions. Towards the end of last season he was in incredible form for the last 8-10 games and this season its been 1 in every 4 games. For me its his attitude in the games he is off which is frustrating.

I agree it is frustrating as I do feel that he is capable of so much more. However he and Mullen are the major reasons that we score tries. Get rid of either of those 2 players and we'd be in a lot of trouble.

Joker's Wild

Coach
It pains me to say it, but I agree with trollboy2010 on this one. On the weekend Boyd was too much of a passenger, however before that he was playing an influential role in the team winning games of late. It's interesting how opinions on players change so much on a week to week basis around here.

The commentary around here is less about his ability and more about his attitude

There is no doubting Darius' skill and talent, however his application in certain games is lacking. Have a look at some of our other players and you see good and bad games, yet the effort is always there. With Boyd its pretty clear that his bad games are due to his lack of involvement.

Most of us just want to know why he cant seem to find the motivation when our club is handing huge wads of cash to him

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
The commentary around here is less about his ability and more about his attitude

There is no doubting Darius' skill and talent, however his application in certain games is lacking. Have a look at some of our other players and you see good and bad games, yet the effort is always there. With Boyd its pretty clear that his bad games are due to his lack of involvement.

Most of us just want to know why he cant seem to find the motivation when our club is handing huge wads of cash to him

It frustrates me as well. I said a week or two ago, that with the finals approaching, that I'm hoping it will bring out the best in Boyd. His lack of effort against the Storm on the weekend worries me.

Yosh

Coach
If we put Gidley's heart into Darius's body and skill set, we've got the second best player to ever play for the club. The bloke who's got Darius's heart and Gidley's body and skill set is not going to be in first grade.

Joker's Wild

Coach
If we put Gidley's heart into Darius's body and skill set, we've got the second best player to ever play for the club. The bloke who's got Darius's heart and Gidley's body and skill set is not going to be in first grade.

His name is Tim Moltzen

voltron

Juniors

agreed
no one can doubt gidleys heart
but he plays too much that doesnt match his skill set

i think gidley has a better body
in that he can take a knock
if only he wasnt injury prone

His name is Tim Moltzen

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

K-Man

Bench
Oh stop writing total rubbish, you know nothing about rugby league you think 1 bad game makes a aussie rep player bad.

What about all the times Boyd has won you matches nearly by himself with his running game and try assists?

He is not a aussie rep player for nothing, you have no base facts to back your statement besides the fact you don't like him and you think he is lazy:roll:

Also of you noticed on the weekend you need gidley when he went off to the bench the knights fell apart,he is your one and only true leader out there while also being a good first grader then can cover a few positions.

Value. For. Money. Look it up.

K-Man

Bench
Oh stop writing total rubbish, you know nothing about rugby league you think 1 bad game makes a aussie rep player bad.

What about all the times Boyd has won you matches nearly by himself with his running game and try assists?

That would be a bit like the game Kev Kaiqama played at fullback and had three try assists.

Remind me where I said that I would drop Boyd and Gidley to NSW Cup because they are completely useless footballers? That's right, I never said that. You just wish I said it because it would suit your rambling argument.

Boyd and Gidley are not worth the amount they are paid. That's my entire point, nothing more and nothing less so don't put words in my mouth.

Does Boyd throw a quality and impressively selective right to left pass? Yes, and he's probably the best fullback in the world at it.

What else is he one of the best fullbacks at? Kick returns? Support play? Ball-playing on the right side of the field? Knack of scoring tries? Passion? Leadership?

Like I said, he throws a killer right to left pass. I personally wouldn't pay $450K a season for it. You would.

As for Gidley, you clearly have no idea about the importance of composure for a key player, and I don't have time to explain it to you.

Last edited:

K-Man

Bench
I agree it is frustrating as I do feel that he is capable of so much more. However he and Mullen are the major reasons that we score tries. Get rid of either of those 2 players and we'd be in a lot of trouble.

We also base our entire attacking strategy around them, so it's not surprising they are the major reasons we score tries. They are also the major reasons for virtually every single attempt that we don't score a try.

Mullen does 90% of the playmaking inside the 20m zone and Boyd's pet play is our go-to play over and over again. We have no creative or damaging forwards, we don't offload the ball and therefore don't have any focus on support play, and we struggle to get Gagai and Uate into the game.

We play to Boyd's strength, and when it works, it works well. When it doesn't work we look impotent in attack and teams with sound defensive structures out wide often shut us down quite easily.

Again, I'm not saying Boyd is useless. He's a very talented player. But if I could trade him and spend the money elsewhere then personally I would.