What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darius Boyd

YEHHHBOYYYD

Juniors
NRL+2nd+Preliminary+Final+Dragons+v+Tigers+KqqS3JZVsDpl.jpg

Post of the day.

Dazzling Darius

Juniors
It ain't Moris. I could never support the bulldogs.
Actually, he says that he is a great player. I might get him to win that chip for me.

Dazzling Darius

Juniors
I'm your worst nightmare. Lol.
I could be the love child of Willow.
I could be the illegitimate child of Muzby.
However, I could be the poker king at Ampols place. Haha.
I am the true fan of Darius.
You're an imposter and u will rue the day my friend.

And by the way, I am finally over the hush sign that Hayne Payne gave us last year.

bribieboy

Juniors
I've believed for a long time that club coaches should not be rep coaches. These sort of bias alligations will always happen when players from the coaches team get picked over others. GET ANOTHER COACH! Having said that I think Lotte is a great winger and has played well all year. Boyd should be Aussie fullback! He was fullback of the year, Clive Churchill medal winner and nearly won the Dally M while Slaters team cheated and ran last, he hasn't played for yonks and If I remember rightly made the blunder of the decade when NZ beat us in the World Cup Final.
PISS HIM OFF AND PUT IN THE FULLBACK OF THE YEAR!!!!!

Minh

First Grade
Boyd IMO was the best player in the 2010 season, he should of been a shoo in at least for a wing spot.

Minh

First Grade
Would not pick any other fullback Hayne, Slater and Dugan included ahead of Boyd. But the incumbent players always have the first crack.

big pat

Coach
Whinge, moan, sook, cry, complain...every single f**kin time he gets tackled.
Suck sh*t....now he really has something to moan about, even though he doesnt deserve to be there

that makes 2 of you, you don't deserve to be here either, sore loser.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
I have watch Kyle for a long time and yes you are right he COULD play 5/8 but he is been groomed to play halfback or centre.

If Darius and Wayne both sign on beyond 2011...Darius will be moved to 5/8.....does the word Lockyer ring a bell?
Does the phrase "Boyd is a very good player but Lockyer is one of the Top 20/30 players to EVER play the game" ring a bell?

The fact that Lockyer turned into a five-eighth doesn't mean Boyd will .. and besides, Lockyer was a far better fullback than he has been a five-eighth. As a fullback, he was without peer, and I think it would be fair to say that he was one of the best fullbacks in rugby league history.

Kyle Stanley has simply not been groomed to play halfback or centre. He has played centre for the First Grade side because that's the only position that's been free for him. He has never played halfback as far as I am aware. For example, in the TYC he has played five-eighth, and Beau Henry has played halfback.

Trust me when I say that, provided he sticks around long-term, Stanley will be our best five-eighth for a loooooooong time, and Soward will be shifted into halfback if he sticks around.

Hopeful that a future lineup would involve the following (Cooper, Hornby, Fien amongst the players who will be retiring etc):

1. Darbs
2. B Moz
3. Gaz
4. J Moz
5. Flo
6. KStanley
7. Sowie
8. Bubsy
9. King
10. Horse
11. Ginger
12. Beau
13. Deano

14. Custard
15. Marketo
16. Prior
17. Who knows ... A new purchase? Hancock? Rein? Another of the U20s?

There are a lot of talented players in the U20s who will be pushing, but that 17 would basically start every season as Premiership favourites if we could keep them together!

RedVDave

First Grade
By not picking Boyd in the test team cannot change the fact Saints beat you in the premlinary final, bloody bitter old Sheens.

Call me crazy but I think Boyd will happily take a premiership ring over a wing spot in the test team.

blacklock

Juniors
By not picking Boyd in the test team cannot change the fact Saints beat you in the premlinary final, bloody bitter old Sheens.

Call me crazy but I think Boyd will happily take a premiership ring over a wing spot in the test team.
no one even follows the "tests" from year to year. i sometimes come across it by accident and its a given that we will more or less whoop most countries.

besides.. i cant even remember the winner of last yrs. im perfectly content with our grandfinal win :) amen!

btw whats with carney being the goose who laid the golden egg lately? lol amazing how soward doesnt get a mention. does he need to be part of an inconsistent team and be forced to pull off spectacular lucky plays to get noticed?

its funny how the dragons consistency in some ways detracts from their ability to be selected nationally. i dont see anyone hitting pressure kicks the way soward does.

sorry rant over lol i dont want to say "racism" in this post...but after the omission of nathan blacklock from state of origin (whilst being lead try scorer), i just get a sinking feeling. its like they have an image of who they want the leagues heroes to be.