1. Out Now: The Front Row rugby league magazine

LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication to accompany your footy weekend.

This week, Joshua Wells speaks with injured Canterbury forward Joe Stimson as he works his way toward an NRL return next season, and we have a big double spread of the Rugby League Project's 'Rugby League Scorigami!

EDITION 6 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Darling harbour early 90s

Discussion in 'Go ahead!...ask us anything!' started by Generalzod, May 2, 2020.

1. horrie hastings

horrie hastings Bench

The wiki page says Harry's started doing hot dogs in the 70s to serve to American sailors.

2. Generalzod

Generalzod Referee

I was never a frequent visitor Wooloomooloo my brother he did his apprenticeship there at the dock yards...

horrie hastings likes this.
  3. Dark Corner

Dark Corner Juniors

So Rugby League was at its peak from 1989-1995 and Union was doing okay but no money and AFL was pointless but why were Sydneysiders into a shit game like Basketball ?

4. Generalzod

Generalzod Referee

I think you can contribute the popularity of Basketball to one man name Micheal Jordon.

Zadar likes this.
  5. mongoose

mongoose First Grade

Basketball was massive in the early and mid 90s, especially NBA. They showed the NBA game of the week on FTA TV's on saturdays, I think it was on Channel 10.

6. Parra

Parra Referee

Sydney Kings were one of the hottest tickets in town. Wollongong / Illawarra team was also booming and the national comp was popular. Then the game went pay-tv exclusive and that was that.