What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darren Albert Might Go

Inferno

Coach
Cheers Dread that clears it up somewhat.

Last I heard was that Turner was being paid by the Titans but is being docked $1000 for every training session missed. So I would doubt he is seeing anything if he's being docked at least $5000 a week.

Quint

Juniors
It seems you've jumped into the Shark pool without looking Girlie....
Never mind.done it myself in the past.
But give as good as you get and you may survive....;-)

buccaneer

Juniors
Inferno said:
Hmm

Anyone else confused by that article? First they say he won't get a release and is therefore unable to play in the English Superleague. Then they say it would leave him in a similar position to Jamie Lyon, who left Parra, didn't get a release and yet somehow was eligible to play in the ESL. So anyone know what the f**k they are trying to say?

Is he eligible to play or not? Also how much of this Joker's salary are we going to have to pay to ensure he doesn't sign with another club.

Reading between the lines it seems Albert's position will be going to a younger guy, so I'd say it will be between Brown and Taulapapa.

Saints paid Parra for Lyon's services in SL (around £60,000 I think), Parra held onto his NRL registration rights. Would make sense for the Sharks to do a similar thing with Albert, not costing them anything to keep him, but may aswell make something from this. Not sure if any English SL club has an overseas quota place left.

sharkadelic

Juniors
Pfft. If doesnt show, we dont pay him - no loss. I am sure he can miss tackles equally well over in the UK.

The money would be better spent on young talent. I was happy to see Sticky's stance over Mat Rogers.

buccaneer

Juniors
Inferno said:
hmm, could be he has English citzenship, he was over there for a while.

He doesn't. Jason Hooper had been told in 2005 that his contract was not up for renewal, as Saints had no room in the overseas quota. Albert leaving, freed up a quota spot and Saints resigned Hooper in that space.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/a...love-with-footy/2007/01/20/1169096029110.html

Albert tells: No drama, I've just fallen out of love with footy
•
•
Adrian Proszenko
January 21, 2007
EXCLUSIVE
DARREN Albert has broken his silence about his controversial exit from the Sharks, revealing he'll pursue overseas business opportunities after losing his passion for league.
Albert stunned club officials 12 days ago when he told them he wouldn't fulfil the final year of his contract, citing personal reasons.
It was believed a love interest was the primary reason behind his shock decision to return to Britain, but the former NSW winger said he had "just had enough" after 11 seasons of top-grade football.
"During the year I just had enough of playing footy," he said.
"I enjoyed being around the boys and having a good time, but I've just had enough. I've been in first grade for long enough and I just don't want to do that any more.
"I've been given opportunities overseas so I'm moving on."
The 30-year-old said he had felt awkward breaking the news to Sharks CEO Greg Pierce and coach Ricky Stuart so close to the start of the new season.
"I felt bad for the club to leave at this time," he said. "It was something I didn't realise beforehand. I thought I'd see how pre-season went, but I didn't feel I could go on.
"Footy has been a big part of my life but I've got a lot of it to go and I'm ready to move on."
Albert, who will be best remembered for scoring the match-winning try for Newcastle in the 1997 ARL grand final against Manly, said he had wrestled with his decision for more than a year.
"I wanted to retire but I thought, 'It's one more year to go, just get through pre-season'," he said.
Asked if he had fallen out with club officials, Albert said: "No, it's nothing like that. I want to stress that point.
"We went out for a beer last Friday for a farewell drink so there's nothing wrong there.
"I've really liked being in Cronulla. It's a great side, they've got a lot of young kids coming through, a lot of promise and it should be a good season from them."
The Sharks have had a heavy turnover of players in the off-season, losing Phil Bailey, Hutch Maiava, Beau Scott, Matt Hilder, James Stosic, Nigel Vagana and Darren Mapp.
Michael Sullivan and Chris Beattie are other recent stars who failed to fulfil their contracts, and Tevita Latu was sacked for disciplinary reasons.
The Sharks management have blocked Albert from playing league for the rest of his contract, but he said he had no intention of playing again, despite having been linked with English club Huddersfield.
He played 124 games for St Helens between 2002-2005 before returning to the NRL last year.
"I've got a few things lined up in the UK," he said.
"I've loved my time in rugby league and have loved my time in the NRL.
My life is taking me elsewhere and that's just the way it is."
Source: The Sun-Herald

coolumsharkie

Referee
well suck this fat one Albert you useless female ass kissing under acheiver.

Thanks for zero poindexter !! up yours ya f**kn girl hahaha

I feel SO much better

Bundy

Juniors
coolumsharkie said:
well suck this fat one Albert you useless female ass kissing under acheiver.

Thanks for zero poindexter !! up yours ya f**kn girl hahaha

I feel SO much better

Note the time this was posted.:) Have a good night Coolum?

Latest posts