What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darren Albert Might Go

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Frenzy. said:
Now you're being silly Snoop.

Manua isn't fit top wipe Webcke's arse.

umm change silly to sillier.

Your sillier for taking the bait!

But lets face it frenz benny knows talent when he sees it! Thats why he is where he is...and u are where u are...

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Snoop Shark said:
Your sillier for taking the bait!

But lets face it frenz benny knows talent when he sees it! Thats why he is where he is...and u are where u are...

Really Snooper? Where am I?

imasharkie

Coach
Cliffy was great for us in 2005.

Shame our 3rd grade coach couldn't find a place for him in 2006.

But then again. Cliffy is still in the NRL in 2007 and supercoach is selling suits.

Inferno

Coach
I can't believe the club is stupid enough not to release him.

Although I've often wondered in situations like this whether or not the player gets the full pay out or not. Take Turner for instance, according to the Titans they are paying him his wage, but at the same time docking him for not turning up at training.

Excellent work SLE.

jc155776

Coach
We dont pay him a cent and I dont think he comes under the cap.

Otherwise players could walk out and punish clubs all the time.

This jusr means he cant play for anyone else.

Its good money saved.

Inferno

Coach
I know that Ima, my post from the first page

Inferno said:
Looks like someone heard my prayer

Thanks for nothing Alby.

I suppose Mitch Brown on the wing SLE?

I'm talking about releasing him from his contract. I don't know why the club hasn't done that.

http://www.sharks.com.au/index.php?id=48&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=367&tx_ttnews[backPid]=2&cHash=824a20f85e

Darren Albert has decided to leave the Cronulla Sharks with a year remaining on his current NRL contract. The Sharks have not granted Albert a release from the final year of his contract and are disappointed in his decision to leave the club at short notice.

Honestly I am stoked the lazy bastard walked out, should be a great opportunity for Brown/Stephenson/Taulapapa to step up.

imasharkie

Coach
I don't have the ability or inclination to go back to the posts from the 2nd half of the 2005 season Reefer but I do remember him playing some great footy and being recognised for it on this forum.

I think your sense of hatred for Snoopy is getting the better of you.

Inferno

Coach
He only played a couple of games for us, so to be honest its hard to make a judgement one way or the other.

Its a shame injury cruelled him last year though or he would definitely have gotten a decent opportunity.

I will be watching him with interest in the coming years. He will probably get a game at some stage this year during the Origin period.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
imasharkie said:
I don't have the ability or inclination to go back to the posts from the 2nd half of the 2005 season Reefer but I do remember him playing some great footy and being recognised for it on this forum.

I think your sense of hatred for Snoopy is getting the better of you.

Wam Bam thank u mam...or man for u ima!

frenzy said:
Really Snooper? Where am I?

Well your not a coach of the 06 premiers thats for sure!

From the talk round here your probably some screw down long bay not a first grade coach since 1988...

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Snoop Shark said:
Wam Bam thank u mam...or man for u ima!

Well your not a coach of the 06 premiers thats for sure!

From the talk round here your probably some screw down long bay not a first grade coach since 1988...

So, so wrong. Besides if I was a screw at Long Bay I'm sure I'd know you and all your mates personally by now :)

cronullashark

Juniors
Real reason why Albert quit

By James Phelps
11jan07

ANGRY Sharks officials are moving to end Darren Albert's career amid allegations the 32-year-old has been secretly negotiating a return to the English Super League.

The Daily Telegraph has learned that Albert was planning to link with English Super League powerhouse Huddersfield after dramatically walking out on the Sharks on Tuesday.

The former Newcastle flyer told coach Ricky Stuart he was quitting the club to move to England to be with his UK-based girlfriend and had no intentions of playing football.

But just hours before the meeting, Albert told teammates he was planning to join the Giants in 2007.

An irate Sharks chief executive officer Greg Pierce last night said the Sharks would blackball Albert from playing in the UK.

The move could leave Albert in a similar position to that which Jamie Lyon found himself in when he quit the Eels in 2004, with Lyon eventually turning out for Group 4 bush side Wee Waa.

"We will stop (Albert) playing in the UK," said Pierce. "He doesn't have a release from us so he won't be playing.

"I can give him a release but put conditions on where he won't be able to play - like in the NRL or the English Super League in season 2007.

"He can go over there and play second division if he wants, but he can't play in the Super League.

"If I gave him a clearance to play over there there would be nothing from stopping him coming back to play in the NRL.

"I like Darren but he told us he wasn't playing two months before kickoff.

"If he would have come to us in September and said he was going, we might have looked at it differently.

"We might have had a chance to pick up someone else then."

Albert has been avoiding the media but coach Ricky Stuart said he was disappointed with the wing flyer's shock resignation.

"It will be very difficult for him to play in Huddersfield because he is not going to get a release," Stuart said.

"I would have liked to have known about his departure before this.

"He didn't hint it to me or anyone else in the club, but it didn't seem to surprise the players. They knew something we didn't."

Stuart said he would fill the void left by Albert's departure with a player from within his squad.

"It is very late in the season and there are not a lot of players available," he said.

"We will use the money wisely and it doesn't need to be spent. We lose experience and pace with Albert leaving, but it does create an opportunity for a young player to grab a first-grade spot.

"At the end of the day it won't be a big loss to the side because someone else will come through."

Albert is expected to depart for the UK early next week. He spent time in England with his girlfriend before the pre-season and asked her to move to Australia with him.

ricky seems as though he has the board exactly where he wants them, i like it!

Latest posts