What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darren Albert

island pro

Juniors
despite early doubts, the sharks pack for next year is looking ok. our backs however, are still a big concern. Recently cronulla confirmed they were concidering Albert as a potential signing for next season, and Albert has also expressed his desire to return to the NRL, and says the sharks would be a great place to sign. the deal is a long way from done but what do people think... do we like the sound of that? i sure do... speed to burn

The Whippet

Juniors
The Sharks should let the Whippet return home.

There is no doubt he misses playing for his former club, with his goal always to be play for the Sharks as a youngster.

No doubt if he came back and got a few games under his belt he would be a top buy. Imagine Brett Howland and Luke Covell on the flanks.

roboshark

Coach
The Whippet said:

There is no doubt he misses playing for his former club, with his goal always to be play for the Sharks as a youngster.

No doubt if he came back and got a few games under his belt he would be a top buy. Imagine Brett Howland and Luke Covell on the flanks.

I am imagining that and it is not good!

imasharkie

Coach
The Whippet said:

Probably in my worst nightmares. The only time those pair would be in a team together it would be in PL.

Wire_Godfather

Juniors
Any news on the Darren Albert thing? I would love you guys to sign him. Currently scoring bags of tries outside Jamie Lyon.

Munky

Coach
Howland has been great for Penrith this year.

Why he gets dropped instead of Galea or Franze is a mystery.

gavin_miller

Juniors
I rate howland. I am pretty sure his last game for us was maybe a semi final against brisbane in brisbane?he had that cast-like thing on his arm...I think it was the game russ richo dropped the ball over the line like a moron...and I remember whippet playing his ass off for us even though he'd been let go for the next year...he is quick still and tough for a little guy and never ever smiles...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
theres an article, albeit very brief, on him being linked very heavily with the Sharks for next seaso, in todays telegraph i think.

There's also an article on sully pissing off to warrington next season, and another about ben ross getting $350k per year for 4 years at the sharks.

imasharkie

Coach
madunit said:
theres an article, albeit very brief, on him being linked very heavily with the Sharks for next seaso, in todays telegraph i think.

The Sharks are kidding, they offload Merritt and sign Howland. Just goes to show how much our top end know about footy. They're a disgrace.

Albert is experienced and knows his way to the tryline. A bit old perhaps, but probably not a bad signing.

What's Jamie Lyon up to? Does he want to stay in England? He'd be a good option for our centre spot. Is he still planning on going to Manly?

Frenzy.

Post Whore

DarrenAlbert150.jpg

Sponsored by:
In-yourarea.net

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5. Darren Albert[/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Date of birth: 28-02-76[/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Height: 5' 11” [/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Weight: 91kg [/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Darren has quietly established himself as one of Super League's most valuable overseas stars since his debut against Oldham in February 2002. A prolific tryscorer – Darren has scored 75 tries in just 109 appearances for Saints (to April 2005), as well as 65 tries in 89 games for his previous club, Newcastle Knights – Albert was officially named ‘Fastest Man in Rugby League' in 2004. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Albert was named in the Tetley's Super League Dream Team in 2002.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He signed a contract extension in May 2005 that will keep him at Knowsley Road until the end of 2007.

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]So the questions are, are the Sharks intending to buy Albert out and can we afford to anyway?

Dread

Juniors
Telegraph says that Albert wants to leave for a final stint in the NRL and Rogers claims that the negotiations with St Helens are very 'amicable.'

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Dread said:
Telegraph says that Albert wants to leave for a final stint in the NRL and Rogers claims that the negotiations with St Helens are very 'amicable.'

I'd love to know how many £ he's on over there

I watched the St Helens game against Hull, What i liked about Darren Albert, was his defence willingness to get involved in rucking ball out, he didnt get a chance to use his speed, in game, but looked bigger then he was last in australia

Latest posts