What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dave Smith will make a major announcement about the Titans

Canard

Immortal
i don't have an agenda mate, i've been a long time supporter of seeing the titans survive, evidenced on this forum prior to the drugs scandal.

the issue i have with dave's pr is that the news of administration and nrl control are both of equal importance, but dave chose to use the p.a vehicle today to damage control a situation and a topic he really didn't want a bar of.

What was your expectations in relation to this?

They should move to the Sunshine Coast or Central Qld. Gold Coast teams never seem to work in any code because of the party lifestyle i guess. Shame really.

They could play at that magical stadium that only exists in your mind, and is serviced by Zeppelins and Hot Air Balloons. They could also have chimp waiters for every seat holder.

Last edited:

insert.pause

First Grade
Wait for the sydney morons to start whinging that they need help too, but I somehow doubt they would accept the NRL taking ownership to do it. All this money is not a handout, it comes with heavy conditions.

insert.pause

First Grade
They should move to the Sunshine Coast or Central Qld. Gold Coast teams never seem to work in any code because of the party lifestyle i guess. Shame really.

How could moving from a big market to very small markets be an advantage?

The club did work, it's downfall is due to poor management, not the Gold Coast.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ín AFL

The key recipients of the equalisation pool in 2015 will be the Brisbane Lions, St Kilda and the Western Bulldogs, with Melbourne and potentially Port Adelaide and North Melbourne also having money put back into their football spending.

plus expansion clubs
GWS god knows!
Suns $20mill!

Aleague and ARU have no money so very much doubt they are propping anyone up

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Can we just all agree that the Titans name, colours, logo, set up and team have always sucked?

Gallop and Brady were real operators. Top notch.

Where are all their fans?

Canard

Immortal
Ín AFL

The key recipients of the equalisation pool in 2015 will be the Brisbane Lions, St Kilda and the Western Bulldogs, with Melbourne and potentially Port Adelaide and North Melbourne also having money put back into their football spending.

plus expansion clubs
GWS god knows!
Suns $20mill!

Didn't they take over the Gold Coast after Palmer threw his toys out of the cot.

Canard

Immortal
Can we just all agree that the Titans name, colours, logo, set up and team have always sucked?

Gallop and Brady were real operators. Top notch.

Where are all their fans?

You mean the bigger crowds then half of the Sydney teams despite being terrible.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Wait for the sydney morons to start whinging that they need help too, but I somehow doubt they would accept the NRL taking ownership to do it. All this money is not a handout, it comes with heavy conditions.

Newcastle. Wests and Dragons. NRL controls one, part controls the other, not sure about influence at Dragons?

insert.pause

First Grade
Ín AFL

plus expansion clubs
GWS god knows!
Suns $20mill!

it's easier when none of their clubs are privately owned, hence why the two privately owned clubs requiring help are now owed by the NRL.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
What was your expectations in relation to this?

how many times do you want me to spell it out to you? for dave to adequately address the questions put in front of him regarding what got to this point BEFORE focusing on the future. instead he dismissed anything he wasn't prepared to answer and the journos weren't prepared to move on because he wasn't playing with a straight bat.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good, Gallop would have ummed and arred his way through it and painted the situation as the end of the world for the game. Who can ever forget his centenary year rally of the troops when he claimed the game was dying?

The statement I read seemed fair enough, the club are financially stuffed, doesn't take a genius to figure out why, and the NRl are committed to supporting an NRL club on the GC.

Canard

Immortal
More than half their crowds would be supporters from opposing teams I'd reckon.

I never get this argument! "50% of the crowd who turn up to games are Rugby League fans!"

"We should only count the home fans only"

Because you know in Sydney only the home fans turn up to matches.

Canard

Immortal
how many times do you want me to spell it out to you? for dave to adequately address the questions put in front of him regarding what got to this point BEFORE focusing on the future. instead he dismissed anything he wasn't prepared to answer and the journos weren't prepared to move on because he wasn't playing with a straight bat.

For what gain? Blame? To ensure more negativity?

Craig Johnston

First Grade
For what gain? Blame? To ensure more negativity?

disclosure, the right to know who's accountable and what's gone wrong.

dude stop taking it so defensively, the media's sole objective isn't to destroy the titans as much as you'd like to think it is.

i'll summarise this another way.....

dave smith "?This is an exciting day for the club ... it ensures its long-term future on the Gold Coast,?"

why does it take an action like voluntary administration to make it "an exciting day" ?

it's comes off as a total cop-out pr spin

insert.pause

First Grade

dude stop taking it so defensively, the media's sole objective isn't to destroy the titans as much as you'd like to think it is.

dave smith "?This is an exciting day for the club ... it ensures its long-term future on the Gold Coast,?"

why does it take an action like voluntary administration to make it "an exciting day" ?

You can't possibly be this dense, the NRL comes out and publicly announces the clubs future is now guaranteed, and you don't believe that it is a great day for a club and it's fans that have endured constant speculation for the last few years that the club wouldn't survive?

Canard

Immortal

dave smith "“This is an exciting day for the club ... it ensures its long-term future on the Gold Coast,”"

I'd be excited if I was a Titans fan and I knew the NRL had our backs.

You are basically saying he shouldn't be positive, and you want detail about who to blame.

I can't see any CEO anywhere doing that.