What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dave Taylor looking to get out of his Titans contract

jbl31649

Juniors
Verbal agreements don't mean shit nowadays. Ask Stephen Humphreys the wests dodgy car salesman boss. Has Dave Taylor signed or not signed?

Verbal contracts, as good as the paper they were written on.:)

Can't blame him trying to aviod a train wreck.

Lets get down to the real issues.

What are we going to call the new Gold Coast team that will re-emerge in 5-10yrs time.

Strike out:
Seagulls
Chargers
Giants
Gladiators
Titans

Iafeta

Referee
Verbal agreements are binding. The onus would be on the Titans though to prove the agreement took place. Written contracts from memory are only required for mortgages and land transactions.

eozsmiles

Bench
Why can't a contract be registered by the NRL until round 13? I guess this means that Beau Scott is technically still unsigned for next year?

BunniesMan

Immortal
We didn't lose him because of cap pressure. His missus wanted to be near mummy. We still have the money from the big offer we made him.

Taylor to do a Moltzen.
So suddenly he or his missus aint homesick any more?

Sook!
Getting paid > weekly lunch with the inlaws.

eozsmiles

Bench
Taylor will be spewing if the ar$e falls out of the deal. He'll be stuck at Souths on less money and the missus hating it.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Taylor will be spewing if the ar$e falls out of the deal. He'll be stuck at Souths on less money and the missus hating it.

He'll just buy the missus some jewellery. And it's not less money. We offered a competitive deal, if Redfern was in Queensland he'd have resigned.

And why would he be spewing? He's the one talking to his manager to try and get out of it. The shit hit the fan with the Titans right after his deal was announced. It's scared him off.

Mark my words, he's going to do a Moltzen.

simostorm

Bench
I would have thought that the Titans would be the type of club that would use some talent from the QLD cup.. rather then going out and buying there squad.. why dont they bring in some young guys that can become 1 club players that the fans can learn to love?

eozsmiles

Bench
He'll just buy the missus some jewellery. And it's not less money. We offered a competitive deal, if Redfern was in Queensland he'd have resigned.

And why would he be spewing? He's the one talking to his manager to try and get out of it. The shit hit the fan with the Titans right after his deal was announced. It's scared him off.

Mark my words, he's going to do a Moltzen.

Why would he be spewing? Because he will be on a smaller deal, competitive perhaps, but smaller. He didn't want to leave QLD in the first place and now his golden chance to go home with a pay rise might be scuttled. He'll be living in Sydney where his family doesn't want to be and dealing with a higher cost of living.

Of course he's a chance to do a Moltzen or a Turner or a Lewis...or similar. But remember that Souths took the original deal away - it doesn't exist anymore. If Dave goes back to Richo with cap in hand do you think the money/terms will be the same? Not if Souths are smart business people...........

The Roosters are looking to buy a few players for next year, so are Newcastle and Saints.
Newcastle is closer to home for him too, and maybe he could hitch a ride on Nathan's plane with Wayne.

And if there is a way we can move Redfern to QLD, please speak up. I'm sure a contingent could be quickly organised to handle the relocation. It'll be done by Friday.

eozsmiles

Bench
I would have thought that the Titans would be the type of club that would use some talent from the QLD cup.. rather then going out and buying there squad.. why dont they bring in some young guys that can become 1 club players that the fans can learn to love?

The Broncos get all the good young ones don't they? they've had their recruitment set up going for nearly 30 years, well set up and supported club, heaps of money and corporate support.
And the older "talent" in the QLD cup is either there because it isn't up to NRL standard or already under contract to another NRL club.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
We didn't lose him because of cap pressure. His missus wanted to be near mummy. We still have the money from the big offer we made him.

Taylor to do a Moltzen.

Getting paid > weekly lunch with the inlaws.

Where's the customary... "You Read It Here First"? Hey scoop ??

Must be great being in the inner sanctum of the rabbletoes..

Fkn tosser :lol:

AuDragon

Juniors
Doing a Moltzen
Doing a Inglis (because planes don't fly in the rain :sarcasm:)
Doing a Turner
Doing a Lewis
Doing a Moi Moi

The ARLC really needs to put strict rules in, because apparently a man's word is worth nothing in the NRL nowadays...

jayc2016

Juniors
You can't really blame him given what's going on with their books. I'm sure it wasn't in the sales pitch they used to get him there.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Dave Taylor. Rabbitoh for life. He never wanted to leave. It was his wife. His family aren't even in SEQLD, they're up north. He wanted to stay, now he gets his excuse to stay. Soon he'll anounce his Moltzen move, then we'll announce we've extended him to the end of 2016. His missus will get a few diamonds thrown her way. Everyones happy.

Cee 7

Juniors
Dave Taylor. Rabbitoh for life. He never wanted to leave. It was his wife. His family aren't even in SEQLD, they're up north. He wanted to stay, now he gets his excuse to stay. Soon he'll anounce his Moltzen move, then we'll announce we've extended him to the end of 2016. His missus will get a few diamonds thrown her way. Everyones happy.

DunniesMan = goose for life

My oh my, you sure dribble it!