What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dave tua spreads the word.

O

ozbash

David Tua has bulldozed his way past Russell Chasteen to book a match against former world champion Hasim Rahman next year.
Tua knocked out the American early in the second round of their fight in Atlantic City with a right hand to the temple

but wait, theres more. look at what the future champion of the world was wearing into the ring.!!!

O

ozbash

you will be eating your words when the throwin samoan sits rahboy on his arse,,again.

David Tua = Possible World Heavyweight Champion...one day
Haven't seen a heavyweightchin like this kid's got since pre-penitentiary Tyson
But then again.... take my comments with a grain of salt as I'mno real boxingfan
Don't mind goodbiffo though...without gloves...the footy kind...them were the days

C

CanadianSteve

Is that the old Warriors jersey he wore, Ozbash? Not many of the fans in Atlantic city would have recognized that.

O

ozbash

yes steve, it is.
i got more excited about his clothing than the "fight".

I appreciate that mate. Thanks
embeer.gif

El Duque

Bench
<table class=ThmBgStandard cellspacing=0 cellpadding=10 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> "you will be eating your words when the throwin samoan sits rahboy on his arse,,again."
</td></tr></tbody></table>
What?
Fat boy has NEVER put Rahman on his arse.

O

ozbash

""sits rahboy on his arse""

its an old kiwi saying. means he will kick the crap out,ve rahboy.or
thump the living daylights out,ve him. or
punch his lights out or
hang one on him..

whatever, rahmans history.

El Duque

Bench
Rahman will school him again.

Just like the first fight when the only way Tua could win was to first hit after the bell then secondly have a Ref stop the fight prematurely. You think I'm sounding bias?
Read a review here

O

ozbash

chris bushnell is a bad loser. he probably had a bundle on rahman and lost the lot.

if tua s up against an opponent with a bit of class( and i stress the word "bit" in rahmans case ), he will play possum, let the other guy wear himself out, then let rip. goodnight-fight over.

if the only excuse rahboy can come up with is that dave belted him as the bell rang (which is what happened ! ), then things look worse for him next year.
maybe he should run away again..

El Duque

Bench
Run away? The only one running away was lard arse when he refused to give Rahman a rematch.

Go The Rock.

S

SpaceMonkey

Good on Tua for showing his support for the Warriors. Hopefully he does the same at a higher profile fight against Rachman, Warriors management should take the hint and send him one of the 2003 jerseys to wear.

O

ozbash

And a successful professional debut for New Zealand welterweight, Danny Codling.
Codling smashed his way past American Clifford Gregory yesterday, knocking down his more experienced opponent in the first round in Atlantic City.
He was fighting on the undercard to Tua's easy win over Chasteen.
James Smith says Danny Codling looks to be a class act, with all the physical attributes and a good head on his shoulders.
He thinks Codling is in good hands in the David Tua camp and he could do a lot worse than learn from the experience of Tua and the coaching staff there.
codling was wearing the new 2003 jersey, but i never thought to capture it. was great to see.

S

SpaceMonkey

From the Warriors official website:
<span></span>
<span>TUAMAN WEARS WARRIORS' COLOURS (1/12/2002) </span>
<span></span>
<span>David ‘Tuaman’ Tua walked into the ring today in Atlantic City wearing a replica Warriors’ grand final jersey.&lt;o:p>&lt;/o:p></span>
<span>Tua knocked out opponent Russell Chasteen halfway through the second round, put his Warriors jersey back on and acknowledged his favourite team by yelling ‘Go the Warriors’.&lt;o:p>&lt;/o:p></span> <span>Tua contacted Warriors’ chief executive officer Mick Watson, requesting a replica Warriors jersey to be made especially for his fight today and rematch against Hasim Rahman in March. &lt;o:p>&lt;/o:p></span> <span>“David came into the Warriors to help our athletes with their finals preparation, speaking about what it means to compete on a global platform and what it takes to be ready for a major event,” said Watson.&lt;o:p>&lt;/o:p></span> <span>“After coming to many games in the back half of the season David was impressed by the courage and gladiatorial nature of the Warriors.<span> </span>David feels a genuine closeness to our Samoan athletes and grew up in the same Auckland suburbs as Jerry Seuseu and Ali Lauiti’iti.&lt;o:p>&lt;/o:p></span> <span>“The Warriors’ jerseys make David feel closer to the Warriors and closer to New Zealand.&lt;o:p>&lt;/o:p></span> <span>“Eric Watson and I will travel to the United States to provide support for David during his preparation for his fight against Rahman.”&lt;o:p>&lt;/o:p></span> <span>The Warriors confirmed three replica jerseys were especially made for David Tua – a grand final replica and replicas of the Warriors’ recently launched home and away strips. &lt;o:p>&lt;/o:p></span> <span>At Tua’s request each jersey had the phrase ‘100% Samoan’ on the sleeves, ‘Tuaman’ across the shoulders and Tua’s year of birth ‘72’ on the back.<span> </span>&lt;o:p>&lt;/o:p></span> <span>Tua’s stablemate Daniel Codling wore the Warriors new away strip on the same fight card to celebrate his professional debut against welterweight Clifford Rivers.&lt;o:p>&lt;/o:p></span> <span>Codling, the Manchester Commonwealth Games bronze medallist won his debut fight by way of technical knockout. &lt;o:p>&lt;/o:p></span> <span>“Daniel is also well known to the Warriors and we are proud to be affiliated with Daniel’s first step to what hopefully will be a journey to a world title fight,” said Watson.</span><span></span>

Latest posts