What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Furner sacked by the Raiders

bileduct

Coach
What is it when a club forces a contracted player out who has done nothing wrong. That happens all the time and doesn't get a fraction of the attention compared to when its the player wanting out.
Does that player continue to get paid, BM?

Every time this argument is brought up I ask this question and no one answers. Would you like to give it a go?

bileduct

Coach
2014 is going to be f**ked anyway, so let Andrew Dunemann stay on as caretaker coach (unless he goes to the Cowboys) and work behind the scenes to secure someone for 2015 onwards.

Tim Sheens would be an option then.

ek999

First Grade
Bileduct I know the answer!

Yes. They can't be left financially worse off and the club that lets them go have to top up any shortfall of their new contract. See Bryce Gibbs, Inu and others. Completely different to when a player wants out for more money

bileduct

Coach
Bileduct I know the answer!

Yes. They can't be left financially worse off and the club that lets them go have to top up any shortfall of their new contract. See Bryce Gibbs, Inu and others. Completely different to when a player wants out for more money
Exactly.

kmav23

Juniors
So what is it then when the club expects a player to honour a contract, kmav?

The club legally does not have to let him go, but they should release him as any business is better off without employees who are disgruntled.

ek999

First Grade
A business could also be better off forcing that employee to not work in the industry for the remainder of their contract if they do not want to be their anymore. Better then working for a competitor

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Thank f**k for that!!! Finally the light has been seen.

Jim Dymock is the man I want.

Again, f**king yes!!

STORM.99/07

Bench
Why couldn`t they have waited til the end of the season,(it is only 3 games left) to make the announcement.He deserves that at least.

eozsmiles

Bench
you better tell Neil Henry he hasn't been sacked then and it was just a mistake

They should try to catch him on a monday morning and tell him. He'll probably be at training or otherwise fulfilling the terms of his 2012 contract. It's easier to catch him then than on the weekend when he will be busy coaching the cowboys. He is actually very busy at work, especially for a bloke that got sacked.

Unfortunately for Neil, he has no work for 2014 yet.

Yeah I agree with everything here.

Problem is, who do you replace them with? I have a feeling we are going to get burnt and end up with those two geniuss from the donkeys.

Wallace could really turn the Raiders around. He just needs a new start. Hes's a smokey for Dally M 2014 in my book.

skeepe

Immortal
What Raiders fans are about to find out is that David Furner was the least of our problems

John McIntyre is still in charge... ergo, we're f**ked

The perceptive amongst us have known this for a long time..

Today doesn't really change all that much.

northwest9

Juniors
please make it kearney or someone of equal incompetence.

i love the lols.

maybe campese could retire and coach... id have suggested captain coach, but that would require his presence on the field..

alan tongue maybe?

hahaha

Alex28

Coach
Ricky Stuart I can understand (back then anyway) but Furner? Lol probably the last coach I would have assumed players would insert clauses like that. I wouldn't even be surprised if it was inserted as a way to get out and not because he loves Furner so much.

It's a clever clause to put in a long-term contract if you want the option of an easy way out of it at some point...

Latest posts