What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DAVID SIMMONS

Inferno

Coach
From a slick, fast, finishing winger to a 95kg turning circle of a bus, slow, liability in defense.

Who do we attribute the creation of this frankenstein too? I'm guessing Raper.

That and a shoulder brace he has to wear as a result of his injury last year. It's quite tight and severely restricts his running style. I think that has been hampering him a lot more than the weight he's put on.

Quigs

Immortal
THE PARIS QUIZ..... "Why do you ask - It's obvious"

Sharpen your pencils and fill it out.

100 plus games.

Number of brilliant games = ?

Number of great games = ?

Number of good games = ?

Number of ordinary games = ?

Number of crap games = ?

Number of gifted games = ?

Fill it out and I rest my case.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=B7zhfGB1fGM

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Stonecutter

First Grade
That and a shoulder brace he has to wear as a result of his injury last year. It's quite tight and severely restricts his running style. I think that has been hampering him a lot more than the weight he's put on.

Well that means we just have 2 reasons for his ineptness. We can't be giving people games out of pity for his shoulder. He isn't good enough and shouldn't be there, shoulder or not.

Inferno

Coach
Well that means we just have 2 reasons for his ineptness. We can't be giving people games out of pity for his shoulder. He isn't good enough and shouldn't be there, shoulder or not.

No argument here mate. If its to be a permanent thing it is definitely something to take into consideration when he comes off contract next year.

Selachimorpha

Juniors
I'd be happy if they gave Simmons jersey to Matt Wright right now. Hell, stick Jacob Selmes in the #4 for all i care, the rest of Simmons Sharks career should be spending a year in a Cobras jersey then pissing off somewhere else. Newcastle were after him last time, maybe we can throw him in for free with DeGois.

Stonecutter

First Grade
While our no.4 is as bad as they come, how good did Pommeroy play. Like Misi ,looked dangerous all game.

Options next year:

Bukuya (Solid when he played, still young and good running game. As always with young guys a question of defence)
Wright (know barely anything, could just be another Filiga)
Filiga (I don't think we'll re-sign him for $200k, if he isn't gone already)
Brown (could be a simmons in defence, but defenitly has some ticker, just an option but I ouldn't try it incase it he ends up Simmo 0.2)
Stapleton (after big raps and good games early he dissapeared. Injury?)
Anderson (love what he's done int he forwards. Topou + Williams back though I wouldn't mind seeing him the centres again. Seems to have fixed his handling problems)

Alan Shore

First Grade
Mate, Brown wouldn't have played 20 games and he's shown more promise and done more good things than Simmons did in 100+.

Bukuya is going to be a real good player. Definitely deserves more game time next year.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Same brace Dykes had to wear but when I mentioned it in relation to Adam I got howled down as usual :lol:

Inferno

Coach
Speaking of Dykesy I heard the other day he got punted from Hull?

Perhaps an NRL swansong is in order...

squiddy

Juniors
I hear Bennet is looking for a centre for the Stains next year , can we point Simmons in his direction ?

Quigs

Immortal
I hear Bennet is looking for a centre for the Stains next year , can we point Simmons in his direction ?

Bennett aka the Creepin Jesus, is good but he is not that good.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs