What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Warner behaviour

JW

Coach
Pakistan pace legend Wasim Akram says too much has been made of David Warner’s recent sledging saga and has backed the under-fire batsman to continue his aggressive approach.

Speaking in Hobart at the opening of Blundstone Arena’s new Ricky Ponting and David Boon stands, Akram said Warner’s spat with India’s Rohit Sharma has been blown out of proportion.

"I’ve been watching (the) television for the three-four days, the programs on David Warner, and he’s a character, and that’s what David Warner’s all about,” Akram said.

"If he’s giving someone a little bit (sledge) here and there I’m fine with that.

"That’s the beauty of the sport.

"I think we are making too much from nothing. That’s the problem here.

"As a bowler I did that to all the batsmen. Australia did it to us, we did it to them.

"Afterwards we were just friends."
http://www.cricket.com.au/news/wasi...arner-rohit-sharma-sledging-debate/2015-01-21

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He also gave Starc a glowing reference this morning, he is a huge fan.

He is spot on about all this Warner/Sharma incident.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
The great Wasim,what a bowler,if i was ever picking an all time team he and Malcolm Marshall would be the first two quicks selected.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If we saw this again, they would have something to whinge about.

Compare this to asking some to speak English.

[youtube]4sfg3CK4PN8[/youtube]

TheParraboy

Staff member
If we saw this again, they would have something to whinge about.

Compare this to asking some to speak English.

[youtube]4sfg3CK4PN8[/youtube]

Miandad was great batsman that got under players skin he was a shifty slimy fella, was no angel BUT...

Lillee was a wanker and a coward all in that one incident

The tosser purposely gets in Miandads' way when he goes for a run, Miandad walks away, then Lillee kicks him, then Lillee hides behind little Tony Crafter and pretending to want to get at Javed and cant LOL

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
They were both at fault imo

Lillee is watching the ball and Javed could have easily ran around him but chose not to and didn't have to hold his bat so they clashed.

Like you said JAved was very good at sledging as well but was an unorthodox very good batsman and I was a huge fan of his.

Look at that and look and compare it with people bagging warner for asking Sharma to speak English. I dont want to see the game become so sterile that we take the personalities out of the game, these guys ain't robots

Those two would probabaly be suspended for a season or so now days.

snoozer

Bench
it's a game not some sort of social studies experiment.

who gives a f**K if they say shit to each other.

happens in pretty much every team sport in existence.

vvvrulz

Coach
lol fist fights, to even think that could happen is ludicrous.
Pushing and shoving is as far as it will ever go, if that.

Canard

Immortal
Sure he has short man syndrome and Davey is a firey fellow, but I'd say at 5'4" he isn't one that goes around trying to get into fist fights.

TheParraboy

Staff member
lol fist fights, to even think that could happen is ludicrous.
Pushing and shoving is as far as it will ever go, if that.

No fist fights in league these days either, who would have thought that few years back?

What about boxing bouts, all for charity?

Warner v Sharma
Warner v Kholi
Warner v Aaron

all on the same card :p

Meth

Staff member
No fist fights in league these days either, who would have thought that few years back?

What about boxing bouts, all for charity?

Warner v Sharma
Warner v Kholi
Warner v Aaron

all on the same card :p

More suitably, Warner v Sharma, Kohli, Aaron

Latest posts