What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Warner behaviour

rickywalford1

First Grade
They were both at fault imo

Lillee is watching the ball and Javed could have easily ran around him but chose not to and didn't have to hold his bat so they clashed.

Like you said JAved was very good at sledging as well but was an unorthodox very good batsman and I was a huge fan of his.

Look at that and look and compare it with people bagging warner for asking Sharma to speak English. I dont want to see the game become so sterile that we take the personalities out of the game, these guys ain't robots

Those two would probabaly be suspended for a season or so now days.

I think that's a bit unfair. When Anderson supposedly gave Jadeja a shove this year he was only up for a couple of games suspension for a physical assault charge. The ICC seem pretty tolerant and understanding when the red mist takes control. I think they do well in resisting the temptation to over react.

rickywalford1

First Grade
Got it. The going out of your way to approach a player thing. Even then it's only a fine. I had a read of the icc code of conduct. It's all seems pretty fair. It acknowledges its ok for players to have verbal stouches

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
What rule change ?

Just going off Warner's interview. You cannot engage with an opponent player any more, my understanding is that it was brought in before the WC.

Previously you were able to.

I've not seen any official MR form the ICC.

Meth

Staff member
Just going off Warner's interview. You cannot engage with an opponent player any more, my understanding is that it was brought in before the WC.

Previously you were able to.

I've not seen any official MR form the ICC.

Again, there's a world of difference between 'you cannot engage' and 'you cannot go out of your way to engage'...and it seems it's the latter

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
"I got in trouble for engaging the player, which technically you're not allowed to do that now … You're not supposed to walk at the player. It was between overs and I should have walked around to my fielding position."

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
"I got in trouble for engaging the player, which technically you're not allowed to do that now ? You're not supposed to walk at the player. It was between overs and I should have walked around to my fielding position."

I found the rule

2.2.8 Using language or gesture(s) that is seriously obscene, seriously offensive or of a seriously insulting nature to another Player, Team Official, Umpire, Match Referee or any other third person during a Match.

NOTE: It is acknowledged that there will be verbal exchanges between Players in the course of play. Rather than seeking to eliminate these exchanges entirely, Umpires will be required to report such conduct that falls below an acceptable standard. This offence is not intended to penalise trivial behaviour.

When assessing the seriousness of the breach, the Umpire shall be required to take into account the context of the particular situation and whether the words or gesture are likely to: (a) be regarded as seriously obscene; or (b) give serious offence; or (c) seriously insult another person.

This offence is not intended to cover any use of language or gestures that are likely to offend another person on the basis of their race, religion, gender, colour, descent, national or ethnic origin. Such conduct is prohibited under the IPL?s Anti-Racism Code and must be dealt with according to the procedures set out therein.

2.2.9 Changing the condition of the ball in breach of Law 42.3 of the Laws of Cricket, as modified by clause 42.1 of the Match Playing Conditions.

http://www.iplt20.com/about/2015/co...nd-team-officials/58/code-of-conduct-offences

You may be right there because I think the word gesture is what got Warner in the shit, but it seems totally up to the interpretation of the match referee.

Rule 2.2.9 is interresting, you cant change the original condition of the ball.

f**king lols, no ever shines the ball do they ?

They completely ignore this rule.

Meth

Staff member

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Does anyone believe that Warner didn't understand sharma as an aside. He was very cute in the way he phrased his explanation by saying he "theoretically" couldn't speak Hindi and he's spent enough time in India to at least pick up the swears. I think he probably heard a naughty word and wanted sharma to say the entire thing in English.

JJ

Immortal
Does anyone believe that Warner didn't understand sharma as an aside. He was very cute in the way he phrased his explanation by saying he "theoretically" couldn't speak Hindi and he's spent enough time in India to at least pick up the swears. I think he probably heard a naughty word and wanted sharma to say the entire thing in English.

Seems that way doesn't it...

Twizzle you're just making silly allegations now. And pretty naive to think the umpires don't understand some Hindi. First it's a professional game, and second the most important nation/market is India

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Seems that way doesn't it...

Twizzle you're just making silly allegations now. And pretty naive to think the umpires don't understand some Hindi. First it's a professional game, and second the most important nation/market is India

see, thats fits the definition of irony right there

JJ

Immortal
obviously they cant, hence Sharma speaking Hindi

Spurious allegation with 0 evidence

And Davo said he repeated it in English which theoretically he and the umpires can understand. Admittedly small words would be needed for Davo

Last edited: