What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Warner behaviour

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Cant find anything, must be some other incident, but Maxwell certainly didn't rip into Sharma.

vvvrulz

Coach
Maybe I got it wrong then, but I recall Maxwell having a few words and they didn't look friendly.
He walked off though and Warner appeared shortly after.

Meth

Staff member
Maybe I got it wrong then, but I recall Maxwell having a few words and they didn't look friendly.

He probably did, but it didn't look ugly or extraordinary?unlike Warner's

El Diablo

Post Whore

before or after Warner ripped out the cricket stump and started threatening the Indians?

tomdl

Bench

Yeh, this was just on the 10 news here. Maxwell walked passed and said a few words (Definitely not friendly) towards Sharma. Definitely didn't seperate him and Warner as someone else suggested.

Meth

Staff member
Yeh, this was just on the 10 news here. Maxwell walked passed and said a few words (Definitely not friendly) towards Sharma. Definitely didn't seperate him and Warner as someone else suggested.

Are you sure you're not just 'making it all up as you go along'?

Meth

Staff member
Interesting comments from Flintoff on sledging http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cricket/30908218

"Twenty years ago, sledging was 10 times worse. Now, with stump microphones and cameras all over, everything gets picked up.

"The Big Bash has been played in such a great spirit. I played against Ben Stokes and got stuck into him but it wasn't abusive or horrible, it was fun. I'm not sure it was even aggressive.

"One of the first Test matches I played against South Africa, there was one fella who was a batter. He fielded at gully - I won't mention his name - but he was the worst I have ever come across. Daryl Cullinan! He was horrible. I was only young... the words he called me, I didn't even know what they meant.
"He just went at me and I don't think there's any place for that in any sport or any society.

"I don't mind the odd chirp - Adam Gilchrist was fantastic at it because he'd do enough to put you off but not enough to upset you. Shane Warne was similar. It seems you can walk onto the field, say anything you want about somebody and then walk off and forget about it.

"You wouldn't walk into somebody's office and let rip at them for 10 minutes and then go for a cup of tea.
"As people you know the difference - you know right from wrong."

JJ

Immortal
Interesting comments from Flintoff on sledging http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cricket/30908218

"Twenty years ago, sledging was 10 times worse. Now, with stump microphones and cameras all over, everything gets picked up.

"The Big Bash has been played in such a great spirit. I played against Ben Stokes and got stuck into him but it wasn't abusive or horrible, it was fun. I'm not sure it was even aggressive.

"One of the first Test matches I played against South Africa, there was one fella who was a batter. He fielded at gully - I won't mention his name - but he was the worst I have ever come across. Daryl Cullinan! He was horrible. I was only young... the words he called me, I didn't even know what they meant.
"He just went at me and I don't think there's any place for that in any sport or any society.

"I don't mind the odd chirp - Adam Gilchrist was fantastic at it because he'd do enough to put you off but not enough to upset you. Shane Warne was similar. It seems you can walk onto the field, say anything you want about somebody and then walk off and forget about it.

"You wouldn't walk into somebody's office and let rip at them for 10 minutes and then go for a cup of tea.
Yep indeed most of us know right from wrong. Some struggle with it

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Its gonna be interesting to see if they cut out all the chatter, it will really spoil the game I reckon.

They should just leave things as they were.

No doubt nothing would have happened if it was between Aussies and saffas or poms, but it was India so the rules get changed.

Meth

Staff member
Its gonna be interesting to see if they cut out all the chatter, it will really spoil the game I reckon.

I agree.

There's a line.

Warner overstepped. He needs correction.

Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. We still want aggression. Not a tame international game.

After Hughes' death, NZ played one of their best ever Tests to come back after a horrific first day to trounce Pakistan. However, on account of Hughes, they were emotionless about their cricket. No joy. No despair. No pugnacity. Just robotic athletes bowling and batting and fielding. Despite the cricket being great, it really, really missed something.

The line needs to clarified so that players can go right up to it.

rickywalford1

First Grade

They should just leave things as they were.

No doubt nothing would have happened if it was between Aussies and saffas or poms, but it was India so the rules get changed.

It was a slap on the wrist for Warner. Thats indicative of how serious the people that matter think the issue is. Cant see a little bit of do gooder hysteria changing too many things.