What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Warner behaviour

Meth

Staff member
Warner could end up being the JWH of cricket. Sometimes guilty. Sometimes not. Always presumed guilty because he's a dickhead.

Canard

Immortal
There was no action taken by CA. It was the ICC which is heavily influenced by the BCCI.

Warner said in an interview last night he was fined by the ICC for "engaging" with Sharma and under the new rules you cant say anything by the sound of it, which I hope is untrue. I dont want the game to be that sterile.

It wasn't the content of the "engaging", it was the fact that he "engaged".

You have to wonder why Sharma gets off scott free as it takes 2 to tango but then again I guess its rather obvious.

Mate I think your over doing the point about the game becoming sterile.

There appears to be more sledging than ever.

Sledge away, just don't be a jerk off about it is the way I read it.

This is the reason Warner isn't thought of as Captain material, he just doesn't engage his brain sometimes.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I cant speak for others but you may be right, some people just dont like him so no matter what he does they will still give it to him.

Personally, I like his aggression but it seems all thats been outlawed now.

Canard

Immortal
I cant speak for others but you may be right, some people just dont like him so no matter what he does they will still give it to him.

Personally, I like his aggression but it seems all thats been outlawed now.

Your being overly dramatic now.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
You reckon Sharma should be fined for Dave running up to him aggressively?

Warner didn't "run at him aggressively" watch the video, he turned around when he heard him speak in another language and walked towards him and asked him to speak English.

Sharma should be fined for what Sharma did, engaging with Warner under the new rules, but that was never going to happen.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Mate I think your over doing the point about the game becoming sterile.

There appears to be more sledging than ever.

Sledge away, just don't be a jerk off about it is the way I read it.

This is the reason Warner isn't thought of as Captain material, he just doesn't engage his brain sometimes.

Not any more, the rules were changed recently for the WC

I got in trouble for engaging the player, which technically you're not allowed to do that now ? You're not supposed to walk at the player. It was between overs and I should have walked around to my fielding position."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/carlton-mid-triangular-series-2015/content/story/822097.html

Canard

Immortal
He said Speak English 3 times! That's being a aggressive jerkoff.

And now your making out like he is the victim and being picked on.

He just needs to pull his head in sometimes.

Canard

Immortal

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Now who's being dramatic, who said he was a victim ?

He admitted he did the wrong thing, read the quotes

Don't do a JJ on me and make shit up.

Where does it say he asked him 3 times ?

Meth

Staff member
Whether the rules have been changed or not, it does seem like this series has been filled with as much sledging as ever. And Warner has been right in the thick of it, always.

By engaging, does he mean talking? Or 'walking at the player'. If the latter, seems fair enough I suppose…providing they use discretion in enforcement.

JJ

Immortal
Now who's being dramatic, who said he was a victim ?

He admitted he did the wrong thing, read the quotes

Don't do a JJ on me and make shit up.

Where does it say he asked him 3 times ?

The video shows what happened kind of obvious really

And apparently he demanded because "theoretically he doesn't speak Hindi". Is he trying to be clever?

Bottom line is he's a good cricketer but a merkin, most can see that

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The video shows what happened kind of obvious really

And apparently he demanded because "theoretically he doesn't speak Hindi". Is he trying to be clever?

Bottom line is he's a good cricketer but a merkin, most can see that

Apparently ?

Making stuff up again ?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gee whiz JJ for someone who doesn't seem to care you have been quite Vocal on the subject, can't miss a chance at a good Ozzie bashing huh???

Last edited:
If someone's giving me lip in another language and he can speak the same language as I, I'm asking him to share it with me in a common tongue too.

Doesn't excuse that Warner still behaves like a c**k on the pitch but the media will make a mountain out of a molehill these days, particularly with people who divide opinion.

JJ

Immortal
Gee whiz JJ for someone who doesn't seem to care you have been quite Vocal on the subject, can't miss a chance at a good Ozzie bashing huh???

I don't care about talking. I care about so called role models acting like merkins in a sport I love. Warner goes too far too often, that clearly looked racial in nature and I'm awaiting the illustrious twizzle's (or someone else's) interpretation of the "theoretical" comment, just a geniused merkin trying to sound intelligent? Or he understands enough and was trying to use bully boy tactics to get Sharma in trouble? Or something else?

Regardless he badly lost that little encounter and came off looking like a turd, not for the first time either

Latest posts