What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dean Bell

Micistm

Bench
I'm just over the Warriors atm. I need some 'time out' from them. I like the look of the coach but reserve judgment, the rest of the heirachy needs a huge clean out but there are far too many self serving ones at the top ensuring they stay in their cushy positions.
So...the only casualty from their superduper no stone left unturned extensive review was Blueys arse

ozbash

Referee
Worse I fear. Another layer of protection for Scurrah.

Thats pretty much what I thought when the story broke.

Im starting to wonder if Owie isnt going to be Scurrahs first line of defence.

Im with Mici, had a gutsful of them...

Micistm

Bench
Thats pretty much what I thought when the story broke.

Im starting to wonder if Owie isnt going to be Scurrahs first line of defence.

Im with Mici, had a gutsful of them...

I want to stay loyal Oz, seriously, but I just don't see things getting any better for a long, long time. One step forward, two back, since they started. Maybe with a better than expected result run things might cheer up, but most of the local fans I know feel the same way, just over the constant underachievement, disappointment, and off field rubbish. It's just so depressing!:?

Akkerz

Juniors
It's difficult for me to feel positive about next season the way things are going .

This year has been less than satisfactory & I think we were all led to believe and happy to believe that we wouldn't witness another year like this but tbh all I see is more of the same. Incompetence, penny pinching and poor PR.

Hopefully I'll be proved wrong & the club will shine in 2013 but its a long time to fret meanwhile.

its funny cos if we start winning then scurrah and bell are considered a genius for the stuff that they think they are doing behind the scenes, yet when the losing starts they are going to deflect everything onto elliott

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Won't work next year - people will link continued failure with the common denominators. Those will be Scurrah mostly, and Bell as well.

ozbash

Referee
I'll probably cop the mandatory crap here, again :) , but you got to wonder what went wrong with Bluey .

Like it or not, the guy had credentials, took the Kiwis to new heights, Leeds were pretty much unbeatable, yet from day 1 at the Warriors, he couldnt win a trick.

He had basically the same team that had a very good chance of winning the 2011 grand final...

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I don't wonder too much. He had a structure in place from 2011 which got them to the GF. He also had most of the staff from there, and the players. But he whipped the broom through and completely started from scratch, thought his way was the best way and wanted to win 40-30, not 10-8. When Warriors fans haven't given a sh*t from day one what the score is, as long as we win.

It also sounds like he tried too hard to make friends, neglected the hard training (I doubt it was Craig Walker's fault) to help achieve that and suffered the consequences. All to the extent where his job was no longer tenable.

But hey, we were in the top eight for three weeks I think.

Rich102

Staff member
Bell has inherited the General Manager Football Operations position from W Scurrah who: appointed Bluey, sold all our back-up players and didn't replace them, didn't enquire into the fitness of the team, allowed (perhaps initiated) the transfer of Inu, wasn't aware of (or ignored) the fall of morale of the team and finally sacked Bluey without consideration for a capable replacement.

I would say Bell is fairly safe, wouldn't you?

Won't surprise me if Iro stays either.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yeah so what we've ascertained is that Bluey was the root of all evil and everyone else did enough to keep their jobs. Whilst I am no B.McClennan fan, that's definitely not the case.

Interested to know how much the difference between our assistant (Iro) and Bluey's pay packet would have been. Iro's gig seems pretty safe - no media scrutiny, keep in the background, blame the coach if it's going wrong, get a springboard to bigger things if it goes right. Sweet gig if you ask me.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
he inherited a grand final winning team and drove them to missing the playoffs didn't he?

A grand final team that got smashed in week one of the finals and should never have gone any further. They then fluked a win by having a play laying on the ground have the ball fall into his hands to stretch out and score. Last seasons side was never good enough to win a grand final. You only have to look at the losing streak they went on at one stage of the season while they were near full strenght.

Iafeta

Referee
I'll probably cop the mandatory crap here, again :) , but you got to wonder what went wrong with Bluey .

Like it or not, the guy had credentials, took the Kiwis to new heights, Leeds were pretty much unbeatable, yet from day 1 at the Warriors, he couldnt win a trick.

He had basically the same team that had a very good chance of winning the 2011 grand final...

_44865743_brian300.jpg

... the thought of Duncey being our man. Even Duncey finds that thought all too much.

Iafeta

Referee
I'm also not a professional rugby league player (I assume much the same as yourself). I guess we shouldn't comment or critique on rugby league matters Northern?

Iafeta

Referee
I'm fairly sure we can continue engaging our varied sense of humours in LU Northern while commenting on rugby league.