What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dean Collis

Balmain_Boy

I'm yet to see the justfication for the Soliola hype and Collis gave Inglis a lesson last week.

But anyway, all are only about 20, so we'll see what happens in the next 5 years.

Bomber

Bench
Tronc's not a bad player, although I wish he'd wake up and discover how to really use that frame of his. Also has the habit of being turned around in tackles, which really shouldn't happen to a big bopper such as him.

Matt Scott - now there's a player!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Tronc is slow for such a big guy. He doesn't hit the line at speed.

You are kidding if anyone thinks he's good enough for Origin. He'll get hammered.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Scott said:
He's the best young centre in the game imo. Slightly better than Ben Smith and Delaney from Parramatta who I rate highly.

pfft nothing against collis, but he isnt as good as ben smith just yet...

Y2Eel

First Grade
hybrid_tiger said:
Tronc is slow for such a big guy. He doesn't hit the line at speed.

You are kidding if anyone thinks he's good enough for Origin. He'll get hammered.

he played beter then most the tigers forwards last night...

Mal Meninga

Bench
nqboy said:
You got flogged Simon. They couldn't all have played like champions.
If you didn't see the game last night and logged on here you'd be forgiven if you thought they did a number on the Cowboys!

simon says

First Grade
nqboy said:
You got flogged Simon. They couldn't all have played like champions.

I dont think we got flogged at all.....it just wasnt our night.

Your forwards didnt overpwer us at all.....your playmakers had some moments of brilliance that caught us for sure.2 great kicks that led to tries on halftime really hurt.A lot of your points came off piggyback penalties,and even then I thought our goal line intensity in defense was good.

We did come back and make a game of it.....

Hardly a flogging IMO.I was quite happy with how we went,our pigs at least matched yours.

We will see how you go when you come down to ol Sydney town.

I guarantee you wont get 14 penalties down here....:lol: :lol:

Cheers.

Balmain_Boy

I don't rate Tronc BUT all our forwards bar Skando and Galea were pretty ordinary.

Scott looks pretty impressive though. Good to see Queensland might have a few young forwards coming through. They certainly need some.

nqboy

First Grade
simon says said:
I dont think we got flogged at all.....it just wasnt our night.

Your forwards didnt overpwer us at all.....your playmakers had some moments of brilliance that caught us for sure.2 great kicks that led to tries on halftime really hurt.A lot of your points came off piggyback penalties,and even then I thought our goal line intensity in defense was good.

We did come back and make a game of it.....

Hardly a flogging IMO.I was quite happy with how we went,our pigs at least matched yours.

We will see how you go when you come down to ol Sydney town.

I guarantee you wont get 14 penalties down here....:lol: :lol:

Cheers.
What do you call a 20 point loss? I call it a hiding whether we get it or give it.

simon says

First Grade
nqboy said:
What do you call a 20 point loss? I call it a hiding whether we get it or give it.

I see you have problems understanding the mechanics of the game,or is it because you didnt see the game.

Either way....it was no flogging.

The game was in the balance until the last 15 and following some dubious penalties, the Cowboys capatalised on their wealth of field position and kicked away with it. I don't regard it as a flogging either.

As a matter of comparison, did the Tigers trounce the Cowboys to win the Grand Final last year? If you didnt watch the game you might consider the 13+ margin as evidence of a comprehensive victory. My take on the game was that it was extremely close and it came down to a few Cowboy errors, Firman's presence and Benji's moment of magic. The score hardly reflected the fine balance between the sides.

Latest posts