What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear Braith

Tiger05

First Grade
I like Simmons and I think he might even be a good coach. I don't know how you can state he is a dud coach when he has never been head coach for us and the players appear to like him.

I view Simmons as the anti-Folkes. Folkes is somehow godlike in his ability whereas Simmons isn't. The reality is probably very different to the opinions on this forum.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Simmons has failed everywhere he has been as a coach. Won a spoon with Penrith, sacked from St Helens and was in charge of our defence when it was absolute garbage for years.

If he is a good coach, why has he not been hired by any other NRL team? He is now moving to a marketing role at Penrith. He is a dud and a failure as a coach. I think this is very clear.

Of course the players like him. He's their mate. Just like Sheens was. Part of the boys club culture.

Simmons has failed everywhere he has been as a coach. Won a spoon with Penrith, sacked from St Helens and was in charge of our defence when it was absolute garbage for years.

If he is a good coach, why has he not been hired by any other NRL team? He is now moving to a marketing role at Penrith. He is a dud and a failure as a coach. I think this is very clear.

Of course the players like him. He's their mate. Just like Sheens was. Part of the boys club culture.

There is the problem right there!

Pistol_Pete

Juniors

Exactly this. Simmons is a dud. A comic figure and a mate to the players.

A f**king dinosaur the players probably love to have around telling jokes and 80s stories

BuffaloRules

Coach
Nice call to MMM, PP.
Pretty spot on...as usual though these media muppets all stick together, heads so far up their arses they can lick their larynx.
Rabs probably blew a few hundred more nasal corpuscles...

Tried to email Hughsey & Tunksy regarding Simmons last week....forgot they were all old chums....it didnt see the light of day

Shyte mate, I saw your comment on the Official forum, and you are advocacating that they fold??

Where is that coming from?

You used to be a Maggies fan didn't you? Surely you have gone through a lot of tougher times than this.

innsaneink

Referee
Shyte mate, I saw your comment on the Official forum, and you are advocacating that they fold??

Where is that coming from?

You used to be a Maggies fan didn't you? Surely you have gone through a lot of tougher times than this.
Frustration post.
But seriously, if they cannot all get on the same page - then whats the point?
No different result if the same things done over and over

Bench
I think, by and large the fans are fair. We all want what is best for the side. We are 15th but there are not many fans calling for potter's head. He isn't the one that signed a past it spastic plodder like analsta or appointed a f**king clown like Simmons.

When the fella on mmm defended Simmons his first defence was 'Simmons is a good bloke'. Who the f**k cares. Do they say Bellamy and Hasler are good blokes or good coaches. It's not a popularity contest. These players need to be told some home truths and good on potter for attempting to smash the piss weak culture that was created and fostered by sheens where they were not accountable and the biggest selection drama was which hotel sleau and heighington were organising Thursday lunches at.
But he keeps picking him,why I ask,if he gets punted then he has himself to blame.

Chook

First Grade
I've said it all year, f**k he looks good in a Tigers jersey.:lol:

I'm sorry for laughing Tiger fans, but you have no idea how happy we were when he announced he'd signed with you guys.

We were in exactly the same boat last year with Crapasta as you guys are with Marshall. He'd decided to move on after years of mediocrity only to be continually picked by a coach who had no idea.

Get ready for the inevitable press release about him wanting to go around again in 2015 and how he adds value, and gives his all, and wants to imbued his knowledge and skill onto the younger guys. He did it to use for years, he'll do it to you guys as well.

Chook.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Comments from Phil Slothfield in todays Tele ( dont want to put the link up and direct any traffic the merkin's way...)

LOWLIGHT

Braith Anasta’s form at the Wests Tigers.

No one likes seeing an old champion playing one season too
many.

Fordy20

Juniors
He keeps getting picked due to injuries and cap restrictions

Does that mean that next year the club could choose not to name him in their top 25 and the club would be under no obligation to play him in first grade?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Doesn't work that simply, sadly.

he's on a contract and the NSW Cup side has a cap too.

so it depends on his salary & whether it'd put the NSW Cup side over the cap. If he's in the NRL top 25 squad, then his salary is not included in the NSW Cup cap.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Doesn't work that simply, sadly.

he's on a contract and the NSW Cup side has a cap too.

so it depends on his salary & whether it'd put the NSW Cup side over the cap. If he's in the NRL top 25 squad, then his salary is not included in the NSW Cup cap.

It sort of exposes the issue of the reduction of value the league did for the reserves / state cup vs under 20's some years ago. I think that it has a perverse effect on the whole way club teams (u20's, state cup & nrl) operate and manage player transition both in their early years and twilight years. IMHO I'd like to see the structure reviewed.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I've said it all year, f**k he looks good in a Tigers jersey.:lol:

I'm sorry for laughing Tiger fans, but you have no idea how happy we were when he announced he'd signed with you guys.

We were in exactly the same boat last year with Crapasta as you guys are with Marshall. He'd decided to move on after years of mediocrity only to be continually picked by a coach who had no idea.

Get ready for the inevitable press release about him wanting to go around again in 2015 and how he adds value, and gives his all, and wants to imbued his knowledge and skill onto the younger guys. He did it to use for years, he'll do it to you guys as well.

Chook.

Oh god, this is a term that I absolutely despise.

" Mentoring young players..... " lol, wtf does that even mean. Playing first-grade is the greatest teacher you'll ever have.

It's code for "I'm over the hill & no one has the guts to tell me."