What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Death ride required

Tiger05

First Grade
Should have, could have, would have. It's the Tigers motto. We should have had a better kicker, if we didn't get injuries to our dummy halves etc.

Still the season hasn't been bad. Matterson has been a star.

The unknown

Juniors
Every year this club doesn't make the 8 it's a failure, new coach, ivans team, asteroid hits the earth and kills all humanity or not we need to start being harder markers if we ever want to succeed.

I wouldn't give this season a pass when we have dropped games we shouldn't have

WA Tiger

Bench
What a finish to that Soufs game.I thought Soufs had it sown up..Bennet did too the way he was sitting on the box.. ...I was so happy Big mouth Siebold got what he deserved and helped us out..I was thinking .that could have been our season right there...Did u see Damien Cooks last minute tackle on that forward so so close to the line...Just stopped him dead in his tracks...He unlike all smaller guys just did the standard union tackle.. drop your head to beside the thighs wrap arms around both legs hold on tight move to the side to let the body harmlessly pass by and without his legs he can’t run ....funny that ...The reason he did that tackle is because he had to ....Poetry ...Yes we do have a pulse again...When Nathan Briown was fired and Pangai was out for 5 weeks this week so close to the “dead game” today which still might be....I thought geez this is too coincidental ...The league gods are just messing with us ...Thats why I didn’t reply to u2 above ..Problem is I believe in miracles and even against manly for the first 10-15 we looked ok...It’s just our mindset gets us tangled up a bit and only then it is all down hill...There’s no Fkn way we will lose against the Sharks at home....Go the warriors ..

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
That was a great game wasn't it. Cook is a gun. The difference to the team when you have a dummy half who can get out of dummy half quickly and create something is huge.

WA Tiger

Bench
And for now 1 suspend the past..These guys need all the spiritual shove they can get and 2 No fence sitters

Tigerm

First Grade
Next week
Cows V Dogs
Warriors V Rabbits
Broncs V Eels
Knights V Titans
Manly V Storm
Roosters V Panthers
Sharks
V Raiders
Drags V WT's
Last Round
Rabbits V Roosters
Eels V Manly
Storm V Cows
Raiders V Warriors
Dogs V Bronc's
Titans V Drags
WT's V Sharks
Panthers V Knights

Always hard to say what will happen, but Sharks (24), Broncs (23) WT's (22), Panthers (22), Knights & Dogs (20) will fight for the last 2 spots. Note: Only Sharks have a better for & against than us.

Next week, Sharks, Broncs & Panthers , all play teams in top 6.

Looks like going down to the wire in last round, where we all play each other.

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
Down to the wire for sure / hope and the + 42 points from yesterday didnt hurt our cause .....the "riff" raff would not have been pleased with that.
I'll buy a dogs jersey if they can jag another one over the Broncos. ...seems they'd be due for a loss but they're uniquely disciplined and tough over the full 80 and have a great blend of hardened experience and talented young guys. I'm absolutely 50% confident we might live another week
Plus we need the Sharks to somehow knock over the raiders next week and be safely tucked into the 8 so that's it's not a do or die or even a move on the ladder for them last round no matter the result....need them coming to LO thinking only about staying healthy.

Last edited:

mepelthwack

Juniors
What a finish to that Soufs game.I thought Soufs had it sown up..Bennet did too the way he was sitting on the box.. ...I was so happy Big mouth Siebold got what he deserved and helped us out..I was thinking .that could have been our season right there...Did u see Damien Cooks last minute tackle on that forward so so close to the line...Just stopped him dead in his tracks...He unlike all smaller guys just did the standard union tackle.. drop your head to beside the thighs wrap arms around both legs hold on tight move to the side to let the body harmlessly pass by and without his legs he can’t run ....funny that ...The reason he did that tackle is because he had to ....Poetry ...Yes we do have a pulse again...When Nathan Briown was fired and Pangai was out for 5 weeks this week so close to the “dead game” today which still might be....I thought geez this is too coincidental ...The league gods are just messing with us ...Thats why I didn’t reply to u2 above ..Problem is I believe in miracles and even against manly for the first 10-15 we looked ok...It’s just our mindset gets us tangled up a bit and only then it is all down hill...There’s no Fkn way we will lose against the Sharks at home....Go the warriors ..

Whilst I understand what you are saying about Cronulla I will be absolutely over the moon if Canberra beats them.

I still rate us a good chance at the holy ground even if both sides are fighting for 1 spot.

Basically if we win our last 2 games we are in UNLESS
Cronulla beat Canberra
AND
Brisbane beat Parramatta
AND
Brisbane beat Canterbury

All 3 games are 50/50 games or thereabouts.

The unknown

Juniors
We could even make it just by winning 1 more game this year, but that would require Penrith losing 1 more and Brisbane losing both

You know the comp is extremely weak this year when you can finish on 24 and still make the 8

WA Tiger

Bench
Whilst I understand what you are saying about Cronulla I will be absolutely over the moon if Canberra beats them.

I still rate us a good chance at the holy ground even if both sides are fighting for 1 spot.
. I want what u want and yes elimination game last round ....looks possible I couldn’t imagine losing that one..the crowd would just go off.. ...Hopefully Brisbane are flat after their grudge match loss vs Saufs..That game might have taken a bit out of them

Pezz70

Juniors
We could even make it just by winning 1 more game this year, but that would require Penrith losing 1 more and Brisbane losing both

You know the comp is extremely weak this year when you can finish on 24 and still make the 8
6 weeks ago I was convinced looking at the table that you’d only be a sure thing if you had 30 points but 28 should see you in the 8. Couple of teams have just fallen off the radar, panthers and knights were having golden runs and the wheels just fell of them

Vic Mackey

Referee
So what I think is the best scenario:

Eels beat Broncos
Sharks beat Raiders
We beat Dragons

That way sharks will come 7th no matter what happens in our game. Motivation would be low, players likely rested.

Latest posts