What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DeBellin

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruSaint

Referee
I met Tony Trudgets father after the Knights game, he's seen a footballer or two in his time, he thought Host was a bit special.

I respect his opinion and also think that Host has a bright future.
At the minute though, I wouldnt have him ahead of Thommo.

Of course one is a seasoned player and one is on the up.

Thommo is a leader and his presence is felt by team mates, as well as the opposition.

Integral part of our pack. Host will get in chance.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I respect his opinion and also think that Host has a bright future.
At the minute though, I wouldnt have him ahead of Thommo.

Of course one is a seasoned player and one is on the up.

Thommo is a leader and his presence is felt by team mates, as well as the opposition.

Integral part of our pack. Host will get in chance.

Spot on true
Lowrie did a great job.
He played for illawarra on Saturday and then when tommo rolled his ankle he had to back up.
And hes only 20

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
Spot on true
Lowrie did a great job.
He played for illaearra on Saturday and then when tommo rolled his ankle he had to back up.
And hes only 20

Yeah mate, i think our pack overall can match it with most. I really do.

I waited long and hard to see Friz hit his form, JDB develop into an enforcer, Vaughan is a revelation, LAM is probably the most underated forward in the game. LAM's leg drive is something to behold. Thommo hitting his straps when he runs those lines, then add Packer ( I know he's going ), Host, Lawrie, Kerr etc etc etc...

I have been critical of some recruitment choices, but when it comes to our pack, I am very happy with the Clubs calls. All of them have more upside.

ITs not all roses, but i enjoy watching our forwards dominate. Add Hunt next year along with Gaz, to take advantage of our go forward, and we have a very competitive squad.

Special mention, as u said to Lawrie. Backing up was brilliant.

JDHD

Juniors
What I love about Host (and deBelin, for that matter) is that every time they take the field, they look like a kid who has been given the day off from school for a footy carnival with a guarantee of ice cream cake for dessert. The look on Host's face when he scored that try on Sunday was just the purest joy I think I've ever seen.

Dragsters

First Grade
What I love about Host (and deBelin, for that matter) is that every time they take the field, they look like a kid who has been given the day off from school for a footy carnival with a guarantee of ice cream cake for dessert. The look on Host's face when he scored that try on Sunday was just the purest joy I think I've ever seen.

Yep.

Reminded me of when he scored his first try in the top grade.

Gold.

Belta

Juniors
Inexplicable transformation, last year I thought JDB, Thompson and Leeson were fading away, it seems that they have been revitalised, they have stepped up a notch IMO and look like even raising the bar higher...has it been the inclusion of Vaughan? Could one player make a difference? If it is the case then I is a thinking/hoping then the inclusion of one back, ie Mr Hunt will do the same in the backline especially with the current form of Widdop and plus hopefully a few speedy juniors. Still got plenty of hope for this year.

Hard one the Thompson v Host debate, very hard to replace the passion Thompson brings to the team, Host will have his work cut out, but Host is looking better each week, huge potential

Draginzaaar

Bench
Inexplicable transformation, last year I thought JDB, Thompson and Leeson were fading away, it seems that they have been revitalised, they have stepped up a notch IMO and look like even raising the bar higher...has it been the inclusion of Vaughan? Could one player make a difference? If it is the case then I is a thinking/hoping then the inclusion of one back, ie Mr Hunt will do the same in the backline especially with the current form of Widdop and plus hopefully a few speedy juniors. Still got plenty of hope for this year.

Hard one the Thompson v Host debate, very hard to replace the passion Thompson brings to the team, Host will have his work cut out, but Host is looking better each week, huge potential

Coach?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I think maybe the inclusion of Wayne Collins. He was a good hooker at the Saints and worked with Maguire at Souths for a while. Maybe he has added something to the coaching to increase their levels.

People are bagging the coach but in reality the players have improved on an individual level this year. Most are in career best form. Start of the year if I said there would be quite a few talked about to play NSW you would have laughed (Friz, JDB, Vaughn, McInness). On form were talked up as making debuts appart from Friz who allready played for NSW and was picked. Widdop's career best form. Lafai came from the dead. I thought he reached his used by date. Surely the coaching staff played a huge role.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I think maybe the inclusion of Wayne Collins. He was a good hooker at the Saints and worked with Maguire at Souths for a while. Maybe he has added something to the coaching to increase their levels.

People are bagging the coach but in reality the players have improved on an individual level this year. Most are in career best form. Start of the year if I said there would be quite a few talked about to play NSW you would have laughed (Friz, JDB, Vaughn, McInness). On form were talked up as making debuts appart from Friz who allready played for NSW and was picked. Widdop's career best form. Lafai came from the dead. I thought he reached his used by date. Surely the coaching staff played a huge role.

Also Slippery the new conditioning team expecially pickworth. They are fitter and stronger as well

j0nesy

Bench
I've always rated JDB, but he has really started to live up to his potential this year. As for Host, I think he is the best of a good crop of young forwards coming through. Sele looks promising too. I know a lot in here rate Laurie, but I haven't seen much (yet) that impresses me. Hope I'm wrong. Leilua has dropped off this year, I think he's a lazy player with a truckload of ability.

I've always rated JDB, but he has really started to live up to his potential this year. As for Host, I think he is the best of a good crop of young forwards coming through. Sele looks promising too. I know a lot in here rate Laurie, but I haven't seen much (yet) that impresses me. Hope I'm wrong. Leilua has dropped off this year, I think he's a lazy player with a truckload of ability.
Lawrie is an old style prop you won't see alot of passing but you will see him do the hard yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts