What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Decisions That Changed Finals

Hutty1986

Immortal
As I recall the saints were talking after that game about how they’ll just need to do better next week and not let the opposition get out to such a big lead..... only to be eliminated by the Cowboys upsetting the dogs
They were the typical mid-2000s saints side. Stacked, and brilliant at times, and utter sludge at times.

King hit

Coach
2004 Semi, Cowboys trail Roosters by 3 points with minutes to go, Cowboys put up a bomb Mini spills it and Simpkins let's the clock run out??? This was after him letting Fletcher punch Fein in the head in front of the posts and do nothing.

Only one team was allowed to win that day.

That is a game I would love to see again. I can remember that day and that Bulldogs V Panthers semi the previous night very well, I was up in Toowoomba visiting my grandparents watching those games with my grandad who loved his league. He was going on about how Bowen was going to destroy the Chooks. Loved the result and that my hero as a 9 year old Fittler was going to play another game.

It was also a high quality tight game that Roosters V Cowboys game from memory as well.

First Grade
1997 Grand Final Joey going against medical advice and playing with a punctured lung, we all know the result of that decision.

Vic Mackey

Referee
You have a link that shows it? The incident I see on youtube doesn't show Hanelley being hit although he is on the ground getting treatment.

A few years back (I think when Hanley came out in about 2012) the telegraph printed some still photos of the incident happening frame by frame. It’s obvious what is going on. I don’t know if there’s any actual video footage of it though.

GongPanther

Referee
A few years back (I think when Hanley came out in about 2012) the telegraph printed some still photos of the incident happening frame by frame. It’s obvious what is going on. I don’t know if there’s any actual video footage of it though.
Come to think of it,a few years ago I did find it on a simple youtube search,and I recall it wasn't very conclusive because of the camera angle and speed(blurry because of the shitty FPS). But now,it's hard to find even on the part videos of that particular GF.

Life's Good

Coach
You have a link that shows it? The incident I see on youtube doesn't show Hanelley being hit although he is on the ground getting treatment.
On Fox, Ennis presents ‘The Greatest’ with the 89 GF being shown a few weeks back. That’s where I saw it from a different angle. He clearly decided to take out Hanley. Mind you Paul Dunn put one across the chops of the Tigers No4(name escapes me now).
The link below is the best I can find. About 8 seconds in there is a replay of the Dunn hit. When they cut back you can just catch Lamb flattening Hanley.

GongPanther

Referee
On Fox, Ennis presents ‘The Greatest’ with the 89 GF being shown a few weeks back. That’s where I saw it from a different angle. He clearly decided to take out Hanley. Mind you Paul Dunn put one across the chops of the Tigers No4(name escapes me now).
The link below is the best I can find. About 8 seconds in there is a replay of the Dunn hit. When they cut back you can just catch Lamb flattening Hanley.

Thanks,but not linking to Facebook.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
2004 Semi, Cowboys trail Roosters by 3 points with minutes to go, Cowboys put up a bomb Mini spills it and Simpkins let's the clock run out??? This was after him letting Fletcher punch Fein in the head in front of the posts and do nothing.

Only one team was allowed to win that day.

We will just forget that Luke O'Donnell king hit Michael Crocker, behind the play and not even a penalty was awarded. He should have been sent off.

Illawarra Tiger

Juniors

The 4 from Balmain was Mick Pobjie.
Wayne Pearce also copped a small swing arm after he put in the grubber

Tommy Smith

Referee
Without remembering specific decisions...

The Tigers-Warriors semi in 2011 was borderline corrupt but amazingly the Warriors still managed to pull out the win. We're due another Warriors finals run btw; always fun.

And the Broncos-Titans semi two years ago wasn't just borderline corrupt...

Lebbo73

Bench
Billy the Skid dropping the ball cold and winning a penalty in the 2009 Grand Final. GI kicks one point in the ensuing set and wins the game

We were behind but we'd clicked and we were coming for them. At best it robbed the crowd of an absolute grandstand final few minutes
It did indeed

Latest posts