What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Decisions That Changed Finals

Vic Mackey

Referee
I understood playing it forward, was equivalent to a quick tap, or optional penalty kick, which required your team to be onside.

I don’t believe that was the case, it wasn’t a restart of a tackle count, if it happened on play 3 it was now play 4 etc.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
Yeah every day except the ones ending in 'y'

you got me there

let me put it this way - Lui knocked the ball back, the ref made the wrong call, and your team came very very close to blowing a 30- point lead.

Nearly the choke to end all chokes

King hit

Coach
Find me an NRL game, let alone a finals that isn't clogged with "we wuzz robbed" on lowest common denominator shit like Facebook

It was in the courier mail, can still remember the back page the next morning. I also remember watching the news and they showed footage of the Cowboys landing home followed with footage of crying women and children and redneck men all yelling out that the NSWRL hate the Cowboys and that they will never be allowed to win a premiership. Such morons.

Ftr Lui did knock on in that game and the correct call was made.

Canard

Immortal
It was in the courier mail, can still remember the back page the next morning. I also remember watching the news and they showed footage of the Cowboys landing home followed with footage of crying women and children and redneck men all yelling out that the NSWRL hate the Cowboys and that they will never be allowed to win a premiership. Such morons.

Ftr Lui did knock on in that game and the correct call was made.

Your confusing 2013 with 2014.

And the Couriermail is a Brisbane newspaper.

King hit

Coach
Your confusing 2013 with 2014.

And the Couriermail is a Brisbane newspaper.

Nope it definitely was 2014 it’s impossible to forget a game like that and the backlash. I do remember 2013 as well watching Thurston’s rant and my dad immediately said how stupid that is and what a fool of himself he was making.

And yes the courier mail is predominately a Brisbane paper but they always jump on the Cowboys bandwagon when the Broncos are out. They also jump on any chance to push the poor old Queensland story which sells papers better than anything else here.

Canard

Immortal
Nope it definitely was 2014 it’s impossible to forget a game like that and the backlash. I do remember 2013 as well watching Thurston’s rant and my dad immediately said how stupid that is and what a fool of himself he was making.

And yes the courier mail is predominately a Brisbane paper but they always jump on the Cowboys bandwagon when the Broncos are out. They also jump on any chance to push the poor old Queensland story which sells papers better than anything else here.

Whatever floats your boat mate.

Hutty1986

Immortal
That cows v roosters final was a cracker. Only similar comeback i can remember is the pennies v saints shitshow in 04 when the panthers raced out to 24-nil in about 17 minutes and got home by a point.

Life's Good

Coach
Having Roach suspended hurt them more. If he was there they would’ve stuck it to the Bulldogs for much longer but without him Gillespie and Dunn rolled through them.
Add to that you had Roach benched in the 89 GF as Canberra came on strong & it’s little wonder Tigers fans are still tormented by that to this day.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Add to that you had Roach benched in the 89 GF as Canberra came on strong & it’s little wonder Tigers fans are still tormented by that to this day.

Roach and sirro. What was Wok thinking?

I mean i love paddle pops. But no need to bring the paddle pop lion on.

Front-Rower

First Grade
1978 Semi Final Wests vs Manly, Graeme O’Grady puts in a kick, chases, regathers and scores only for Greg Hartley to deny the try by calling O’Grady offside :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Danish

Referee
That cows v roosters final was a cracker. Only similar comeback i can remember is the pennies v saints shitshow in 04 when the panthers raced out to 24-nil in about 17 minutes and got home by a point.

As I recall the saints were talking after that game about how they’ll just need to do better next week and not let the opposition get out to such a big lead..... only to be eliminated by the Cowboys upsetting the dogs

Latest posts