What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Defence

Pantha-Boy

Juniors
I must admit you Newcastle Knights are just amazing. I never ever tell how good a team is besides the Panthers besides you guys. I am known as the sore winner and i often brag to other teams about how good my team THE PANTHERS are. But the Knights are behond us you guys are just so good especially in defence. Watching the melbourne game i think you guys played extremely well.
Bad luck in the end anyway.
Good luck for the rst of the year.

TooheysNew

Coach
Cheers mate. Appreciated.

Curious about your justification behind this: "I am known as the sore winner and i often brag to other teams about how good my team THE PANTHERS are." though. :lol:

pantherz9103

First Grade
Well we're on the same points as you are and only just avoided the spoon and handed it to us by the barest margin last season, but I have to agree, the Knights defence was amazing tonight under such siege and you have a pretty good attack when you get possession. I think you're a big chance of making the 8 this year when I thought you were no hope at the beginning of the season. I didn't realise how good your young guys are: Paterson, Wicks, Bailey etc - a bright future ahead.

aqua_duck

Coach
The thing is we're in the 8 and we've already played most of the 'better' sides in the comp, titans, broncos, manly, storm, roosters, etc

Bicey_18

Bench
Huge task playing the likes of New Zealand (a), Broncos (h), Roosters (a), Titans (h) and Storm (a) ..all back to back..cant get any tougher then that.

aqua_duck

Coach
now if we can win the games we're excpected to win we can really get a stranglehold on a top 8 spot.

K-Man

Bench
The problem with this logic is that the draw is so ridiculously stacked against us, the advantage of having so many top teams early in the season is completely negated by the fact we play most of them again at the end of the season.

It's even worse than that. Despite playing sides like the Storm, Broncos, Roosters etc twice, none of the matches are during the Origin season which would make it a bit fairer due to them missing rep players.

Basically, if we don't aim up and win at least half our games over the next 8 weeks, we could be in big trouble.

It's a very, very harsh draw made harder by losing Gidley, Buderus, Cross and now Hilder (a massive blow, this was probably Smith's biggest nightmare and it has happened right when we didn't need it)

Things are looking ok in Knights territory right now. Hilder might get a few weeks out so I imagine we are going to see a new dummy half on sunday. Waltzing has been a revleation this season and why the coast let him go is something I will never understand.

Imagine if Smith had taken over from Warren Ryan instead of Hagan.
I'm sure there would have been more than one GF in that time with that attack and this defence.